PDA

View Full Version : Fanexpo Canada

Zodberg
07-13-2009, 10:00 AM
http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo/

Easier to get to than SDCC, and more than enough stuff to do to fill a weekend.

Robimus
07-13-2009, 10:30 AM
BillyDee! Billy Dee! Billy Dee!:D

Endersrun
07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Scott McNeil who voiced pretty much all the cool characters on Beast Wars is the main guest for the Anime part of the festival. Also, Kicker from Energon will be there so we can ask him why oh why did they make a toy of him, but no Spike or Sari... (Brad Swaile)...

Ninjatron
07-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Ninjatron will be there.
Ninjatron is always there.

Sayonara.

Mighty_Galvatron
08-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Wow this event is looking better and better to me. I am seriously considering going. Some of the celebs there would be great to meet/autographs.

Of course the greatest attraction for me, Bruce Campbell.

Does anyone know if there is a Transformers presence at this event?

Is anyone else thinking of attending this event?

Code of Honor
08-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Many from the TFcon crew will be there.

Protoman
08-22-2009, 01:04 AM
The Protoman will be there, and my autographs are MUCH CHEAPER then Leonard Nimoy ;)

Also that OTHER Protoman (Scott McNeil) will be there too.

In all seriousness come by the TFcon table and say hi.

Cyber-Kun
08-22-2009, 02:10 AM
I will be there, selling tons of artwork, come by and say hi! I'll be at table A139 (called Jacques of Trade, the name is my friend's that I'm sharing with) Here's what I'm selling:
http://cyber-kun.deviantart.com/journal/

sorry if it sounds like I'm whoring myself out, I'm just really nervous, as this is the first time I've ever tried to sell stuff at a con, and the 2nd time I've been to one. If you're from the boards and stop by, say hi and tell me your username!

Cyber-Kun
08-22-2009, 02:11 AM
The Protoman will be there, and my autographs are MUCH CHEAPER then Leonard Nimoy ;)

Also that OTHER Protoman (Scott McNeil) will be there too.

In all seriousness come by the TFcon table and say hi.
What table are you guys at?

Super_Megatron
08-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Does anyone know if there is a Transformers presence at this event?

Next to nothing.

aximili
08-22-2009, 12:06 PM
I almost want to see if Leonard Nimoy will sign a picture of '86 movie Galvatron.

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-22-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm attending to the Con(Hopefully for the whole three days)and I shall stop by to the TFCon table to say hi :D

Mighty_Galvatron
08-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I almost want to see if Leonard Nimoy will sign a picture of '86 movie Galvatron.

I was thinking the same thing, except if he would sign my '86 Movie DVD cover.

Protoman
08-22-2009, 07:34 PM
I am going to try....... oh I will try..........

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Lol,I'm also trying to get Nimoy to sign my 20th Anniversary DVD...I already have the times I need to wait in line and see if I can persuade him to sign it...I will try as well,for I'm not leaving that Con till I get all my Transformer people signing stuff for me.

Cyber-Kun
08-23-2009, 06:23 PM
So once again, what table is TFCon at?

Endersrun
08-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Next to nothing.

Considering it is a Con of everything geek-tastic, TF won't be the center, but it certainly is not ignored...

Leonard Nimoy - voice of Galvatron in G1 Movie

Scott McNeil
- voice of Dinobot, Rattrap, Waspinator, and Silverbolt in Beast Wars/Machines
- voice of Jetfire, Backstop, Snarl, Omega Supreme Strong Arm in Armada/Cybertron/Energon

Brad Swaile - voice of Kicker on Energon

Lee Tockar - voice of BW Ravage

Alex Milne - Penciler on TF Books: Megatron Origin, Spotlight Arcee, Energon, and some of the Movie books, amognst many others...
see more here: http://markerguru.deviantart.com/

Len Wein - occasional writer, story editor on Beast Wars/Machines (he also co-created Wolverine).

There might be more that I may have missed or not familiar with...

It's not TFCon, but that's why we have TFCon...

GMfan
08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
So once again, what table is TFCon at?

We're with Alex Milne

JLvatron
08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Considering it is a Con of everything geek-tastic, TF won't be the center, but it certainly is not ignored...

Leonard Nimoy - voice of Galvatron in G1 Movie

Scott McNeil
- voice of Dinobot, Rattrap, Waspinator, and Silverbolt in Beast Wars/Machines
- voice of Jetfire, Backstop, Snarl, Omega Supreme Strong Arm in Armada/Cybertron/Energon

Brad Swaile - voice of Kicker on Energon

Alex Milne - Penciler on TF Books: Megatron Origin, Spotlight Arcee, Energon, and some of the Movie books, amognst many others...
see more here: http://markerguru.deviantart.com/

Len Wein - occasional writer, story editor on Beast Wars/Machines (he also co-created Wolverine).

There might be more that I may have missed or not familiar with...

It's not TFCon, but that's why we have TFCon...

Great compiling! That list looks pretty good. :)

Also, Lou Ferrigno. ...he mighta bin the inspiration for TFA Lugnut! :D

Ninjatron will be there.
Ninjatron is always there.

Awesome as usual! Will you be hosting a Transformers panel?

JLvatron
08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Lol,I'm also trying to get Nimoy to sign my 20th Anniversary DVD...I already have the times I need to wait in line and see if I can persuade him to sign it...I will try as well,for I'm not leaving that Con till I get all my Transformer people signing stuff for me.

What's with all this persuading business? :rolleyes:
Why wouldn't he sign it if you pay the hefty autograph fee?

Aernaroth
08-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Great compiling! That list looks pretty good. :)

Also, Lou Ferrigno. ...he mighta bin the inspiration for TFA Lugnut! :D

Awesome as usual! Will you be hosting a Transformers panel?

Im pretty sure they don't do panels at FanExpo like they do at Polaris and Anime North, etc. Which is a shame, given the huge amount of knowledgable fans likely there.

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-24-2009, 03:25 PM
What's with all this persuading business? :rolleyes:
Why wouldn't he sign it if you pay the hefty autograph fee?

Cause I don't believe in paying for an autograpgh...pictures,probably,but not autograpghs.

Aernaroth
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Cause I don't believe in paying for an autograpgh...pictures,probably,but not autograpghs.

You're in luck! They charge you an arm and a leg for photos with the guests as well!

Code of Honor
08-24-2009, 05:00 PM

HOLY CRAP! That is my favourite voice from Beast Wars.

JLvatron
08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Im pretty sure they don't do panels at FanExpo like they do at Polaris and Anime North, etc. Which is a shame, given the huge amount of knowledgable fans likely there.

You're right, I'm confusing it with A North.

JLvatron
08-24-2009, 05:19 PM
HOLY CRAP! That is my favourite voice from Beast Wars.

Remember to make a crazy face when you get a picture with him, cause Rampage was caa-RAZY!!! :eek:

Protoman
08-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Remember to make a crazy face when you get a picture with him, cause Rampage was caa-RAZY!!! :eek:

Actually Lee Tockar did Beast Wars Ravage.

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-24-2009, 10:04 PM
And remember kids:Read carefully before Posting. :D

Only 4 more days left till the big day!Whoohoo!

Soundwave
08-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Flying out on thursday morning, ready to rock for friday at 2pm.

Work this week is taking for...ev..er

JLvatron
08-25-2009, 12:16 PM

Actually Lee Tockar did Beast Wars Ravage.

And remember kids:Read carefully before Posting. :D

Aaaak!!! :eek:
Embarassingly TeeHee-ous! :D

In that case I take my reserved-for-Rampage praise back. Sorry, Code! :o

Endersrun
08-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Work this week is taking for...ev..er

Dude. I am so with you on this.

Protoman
08-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Dude. I am so with you on this.

Same here........... every hour feels like a day

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Same here........... every hour feels like a day

You think that's bad,try that and an annoying little brother who keeps asking you a computer question every five minutes....

And it's only Tuesday >.<

JLvatron
08-25-2009, 11:17 PM
What Are People Looking At Me Like That?I Love Beast Machines.

Beast Machines rapped! :)

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Beast Machines rapped! :)

lol,I was wondering when someone will respond to my Sig :)

JLvatron
08-26-2009, 12:06 PM
heh-heh, thumbs up! :)

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Indeedie :D

Anyways,since FanExpo will start in two days,what is everybody going to do at the Con(Aside from being at the tables)

I for one will be practically running around getting to every person who's part of the TF industry.So yes,most likely you'll see me at Brad Swaile and Scott McNeil's Panels and even a Panel for Len Wein and Dan DiDio...so that's what I'll be doing in those days,chasing people :D

Endersrun
08-26-2009, 03:18 PM
1. Leonard - Q&A, Photo Op, and Sig
2. Bruce - Q&A, Photo Op, and Sig
3. Mary McDonnell (Roslin in BSG)- Q&A and Sig
4. Looking for missing Animated toys.
5. Looking for Sideshow Joes and Star Wars
6. Looking for missing Marvel Universe/Legends
7. Couple of Comics (Recent Trades)
8. Looking for cool TF Imports I can't afford...
9. NERD Girl Pin-Up Party!!!!
10. Eating and maybe sleeping.

Mighty_Galvatron
08-26-2009, 03:33 PM
The official website states that a daily schedule is "now available," however...I can't seem to locate it. Anyone know where it is?

Also, does anyone know roughly how much it costs us to get an autograph, and how much is costs for pictures with the special people?

Cyber-Kun
08-26-2009, 04:29 PM
you have to click on each section and click on one of the events, it will load to the schedule.
No idea about autograph prices, each one varies....

Protoman
08-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Len Wein and Dan DiDio...so that's what I'll be doing in those days,chasing people :D

Sadly while Dan DiDio was a big player at Mainframe, he didn't do anything related to Beast Wars/Beast Machines. His main focus was Reboot and War Planets (Shadow Raiders for us canucks).

Len Wein on the other hand. Did a triforce of awesome. Wrote one G1 episode, one Beast Wars episode and one Beast Machines episode.

Mighty_Galvatron
08-26-2009, 09:44 PM
you have to click on each section and click on one of the events, it will load to the schedule.
No idea about autograph prices, each one varies....

Ah, thanks.

...If I go, it will be either Saturday or Sunday only. Still undecided though. If I am there I will stop by the TFCon booth.

Cyber-Kun
08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Ah, thanks.

...If I go, it will be either Saturday or Sunday only. Still undecided though. If I am there I will stop by the TFCon booth.
so there is a TFCon booth? Which booth is it?

JLvatron
08-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Ah, thanks.

I went a few years ago and the Saturday autograph line ups are HUUUUGE!

I recommend going Sunday, but check 1st for your favorite guests. Some may not be there on Sunday.

Mighty_Galvatron
08-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Question:

so there is a TFCon booth? Which booth is it?

Answer:

We're with Alex Milne

Mighty Galvatron's Reaction:

No idea. I am not sure how to locate booths, but TFCon, I will find you...

I went a few years ago and the Saturday autograph line ups are HUUUUGE!

I recommend going Sunday, but check 1st for your favorite guests. Some may not be there on Sunday.

Hey thanks for the advice. I will take that into consideration. :)

JLvatron
08-27-2009, 08:57 AM

You'll might get a program or a layout sheet which shows the dealer room tables (numbered) and a legend of who's where. Look for Alex Milne (prolly the Artist Alley section)

It may even be up on their website now.

And you're welcome for above. :)

Endersrun
08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Question:

Answer:

Hey thanks for the advice. I will take that into consideration. :)

Alex Milne is in Artist Alley at Booth A8. So that's just behind the Disney booth on the Gaming side of the Convention. Look for the big Zeller display, then head towards the back area where artist alley is.

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Sadly while Dan DiDio was a big player at Mainframe, he didn't do anything related to Beast Wars/Beast Machines. His main focus was Reboot and War Planets (Shadow Raiders for us canucks).

Yes,I keep forgetting that,but he's still an awesome addition in the good days of Mainframe,and I'm bringing my Art of ReBoot for him to sign(Yay!)

1 more day left people!

Mighty_Galvatron
08-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Sorry guys I've had a change of plans and I won't be attending this weekend.

Hopefully I will bump into you at another event.

Have fun.:)

Ninjatron
08-30-2009, 07:45 PM
It was a fun show. Good to see all the familiar faces who were there. Hope everyone else had fun too.

I bought a Universe Ironhide, some wristbands, and a few art books.

Sayonara.

EnragedCoconut
08-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Nice to see everyone who I ran into. Spent wayyy too much money as usual. Got pics with Nimoy and Keonig. Totally awesome.

Get pic taken with childhood hero? Check! And to think I almost stayed home to clean the house...

HC

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Well I had an awesome time at FanExpo.I say thanks to the wonderful people who made my weekend so awesome(You know who you are)and was it ever so cool to stop by the TFCon table to say hi and chase all them Mainframe/Rainmaker people.;)

Cyber-Kun
08-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Had a fantastic time and thanks to everyone who said hi and stopped by my table. Also big thanks to downshift who gave me a free Chevy Aveo Swerve!

GMfan
08-31-2009, 08:52 PM
and was it ever so cool to stop by the TFCon table to say hi

Those people are weeeeiiiiirrrrrd

I still get a kick out of all the people who came up to the table claiming to know everything about Transformers and their favourite character Soundtape who shot the dog out of his chest.

TMIIWonkoNemises
08-31-2009, 09:14 PM

I still get a kick out of all the people who came up to the table claiming to know everything about Transformers and their favourite character Soundtape who shot the dog out of his chest.

lol,I was pratcially sitting at your table.I like to pretend I'm part of the group,which I will be,eventually,despite your warnings.

Dark Rage
08-31-2009, 11:18 PM

Yeah, apparently Ravage is a dog now (Silverbolt). I appropriately posed him urinating like one to reflect the change in species.

And it baffles my mind how so many people wearing a Transformers T-shirt just walks pass the TFcon booth without giving it a second thought or a blink.

Thanks for down_shirt and Enraged coconut for the coffee and donuts! That con was exhausting.

Protoman
09-01-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm finally home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *THONK!* Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

GMfan
09-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah, apparently Ravage is a dog now (Silverbolt). I appropriately posed him urinating like one to reflect the change in species.

SOUNDTAPE AND DOGBOT!

And it baffles my mind how so many people wearing a Transformers T-shirt just walks pass the TFcon booth without giving it a second thought or a blink.

You know why? Because it's popular! Transformers are cool again and in the spotlight hence the people will go out and get the shirts and buy the mugs and what not without being really into it.

Is it wrong? Not really, but personally I think your clothing is an extension on yourself and here they are misrepresenting what they're about and what you know.

Whatever...all I know is Daniel and I will have to cover this more in depth in a Slag episode.

Thanks for down_shirt and Enraged coconut for the coffee and donuts! That con was exhausting.

Yes, much appreciation to both of you ;)

JLvatron
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, apparently Ravage is a dog now (Silverbolt).

SOUNDTAPE AND DOGBOT!

You know why? Because it's popular! Transformers are cool again and in the spotlight hence the people will go out and get the shirts and buy the mugs and what not without being really into it.

Is it wrong? Not really, but personally I think your clothing is an extension on yourself and here they are misrepresenting what they're about and what you know.

I used to think Ravage was a dog too! :)

I agree, it's not wrong to like something or buy it not knowing all about it. But there's also a certain insincerety when presenting yourself as something you're completely not.

Like a bunch of us were once at a wedding table discussing TF's and 1 guy seemed really into it wanting to borrow episodes. He never replied to my emails or acknowledged the subject matter again.
What the Heck! :D

Protoman
09-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh boy we are talking about my classic case of "The Fad Guy". One day I will go into this deeper (no doubt in a Canadian Slag episode).

Oh and again thanks to the awesome sugar and coffee injection from Downshift and his partner in crime Enraged Coconut

Protoman
09-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Upload part 1 of my Fan Expo videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjShTbSGlq8

*EDIT* And now Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JY4ORLA8tM&feature=channel_page

GMfan
09-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Upload part 1 of my Fan Expo videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjShTbSGlq8

Ahhh ha ha ha I'm so gay

Robimus
09-02-2009, 10:49 PM
So I watched Proto's video.

First off I was like "There's only two tables at that Con, thats lame....then I realized that was just the parking garage.:p

The Tron Cycle was kinda cool, but I thought that was going to end up being an episode of cops for a second.

I liked the Soundwave costume, pretty sweet.:) Not so much the Dragonballers......:p

Protoman
09-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Video #2 is up now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JY4ORLA8tM&feature=channel_page

CobraCommander
09-03-2009, 12:38 AM
nice video dude... did anyone get a pic of the chick dressed as Optimus Prime crossed with a French Maid?

Beechy
09-03-2009, 05:09 AM
Was it hot?

CobraCommander
09-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Was it hot?

That's what I want to know, I only got a glimpse as she was walking by at the other end of the aisle :confused:

Cyber-Kun
09-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Yea! My Hot Rod sketches are in the video!