PDA

View Full Version : FansProject Superion Appendage Kit Pictorial Review

Super_Megatron
07-13-2009, 12:30 AM
FansProject Superion Appendage Kit Pictorial Review (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/fansproject-superion-appendage-kit-pictorial-review-168126/)

Category: Transformers Movie Toys & Products

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

onecoin
07-13-2009, 04:06 AM
Kinda disappointed now.

hugh_da_man
07-13-2009, 04:18 AM
Kinda disappointed now.

Wait...why? The review says it's a buy.

onecoin
07-13-2009, 04:21 AM
Wait...why? The review says it's a buy.

It also list some notable cons.

hugh_da_man
07-13-2009, 04:28 AM

Yeah but I thought those were problems with the actual superion figure and not the upgrade kit? Someone in the thread already mentioned using nail polish to fix theirs...

From TFW

EvaleSuperion:
Sorry fellas, I didn't really thoroughly spend time looking at the item.

YES the fists do hide, and you get two visors, one for universe and one for energon.

As for the limbs, I am referring to the POOR QUALITY of the hasbro item.

Fan's Project's quality is top notch!

astrana
07-13-2009, 04:40 AM

thats like every hasbro product lol, but it didnt stop u to collect toys

Sun Swipe Prime
07-13-2009, 05:24 AM
I did the nailpolish thing on the limb joints and it works like a charm. And with all due respect to the reviewer, the review seems a bit rushed. I looks like he got the kit, quickly put it on the figure then rushed to take the pics and write the review. The pics show a mistransformation and in his replies to questions, he makes a mistake because he didn't read the instructions fully. This isn't to say anything bad about the reviewer. It's great that he wanted to share. I just don't think he's had the chance to fully explore the kit and give a full and accurate accessment of it yet.

onecoin
07-13-2009, 05:33 AM
thats like every hasbro product lol, but it didnt stop u to collect toys

Nope, but seeing as this set cost more than the Superion. I have to second guess my purchase.

Tekkamanraiden
07-13-2009, 07:44 AM
I wasn't too impressed with the fact I can't stand Superion upright with his legs together. The kit looks impressive if you can find one.

Matrix_Holder
07-13-2009, 08:43 AM
people have to stop buying fansprojects items until they lower those ridiculous prices...they look cool but $45 for hands and feet. I'd pay $25 at most for the set. For now I'm using some G1 gestalt parts and cybertron sideways parts to upgrade him.
look in my custom thread to see how he looks so far.
How much are they going to charge for the "protector" add on set? I am looking forward to that one, hot rod/rodimus prime is my favourite character.

Pascal
07-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I think I'm cancelling my preorder. The kit itself is cool but the Superion figure is still atrocious. The kit should have found a way to address the shitty waist connection but didn't.

astrana
07-13-2009, 10:45 AM
people have to stop buying fansprojects items until they lower those ridiculous prices...they look cool but $45 for hands and feet. I'd pay $25 at most for the set.

have u ever thought why they are so expensive? Hasbro's product is cheap because they order massive amount of product, so they can get minimal cost on contracting companies, resource and shipping by using cargo containmers. FP has to use regular business mail service, and due to product quantity thats why their price is higher compare to hasbro. It's like comparing buying Japanese toys in China and in Canada. I usually pay 20-30 CND more not because the seller is greedy, it's because the shipping

be grateful they are designing these great third party product for us, don't just hate all the time. If you cannot afford or not willing to purchase them due the price, fine, but why the hate

QuadESL63
07-13-2009, 12:31 PM
The kit itself is cool but the Superion figure is still atrocious

Yes, we all know about this during the Energon run :p

I don't even bother to preorder... yes, I agree the kit is nice and all but this set of Energon figures themselves have a lot to be desired :(

Sun Swipe Prime
07-13-2009, 01:47 PM
I'd pay $25 at most for the set. For now I'm using some G1 gestalt parts and cybertron sideways parts to upgrade him.

I agree totoally that it's pricey. But in doing my own upgrades, I found that the price for getting parts was going to exceed $10 and would probably reach around $20 if I wanted to fine tune and make the upgrades look as nice as possible. It's at this point I realized, why not spend that money on the Fans Kit instead.