PDA

View Full Version : TFcon and fans featured in Transformers Matrix of Leadership Boxset

Protoman
07-11-2009, 05:06 PM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/TF_UltMatrixSet_Cover.jpg

So I watched all the extras on the Transformers G1 Matrix of Leadership DVD boxset and in the fan material TFcon was featured a lot as well as some our of beloved local canadian fans. Dak got the most attention for his Daksterpiece (and how it was made). Me, Guber and Sandy were shown waiting in line to meet Gregg Berger. We see Ironmoose talking to Hasbro staff and JLvatron in a Perceptor costume as well as Wayward. We also get to see Guber's art in the fan art section. Crazy stuff. We have to thank Evan for all his work wit the TFcon DVDs cause a lot of this footage was his.

My only problem was they talked a lot about how great Botcon was, while overlapping the talking with TFcon footage (from the hall to the dealer room). Like they talk about was great Botcon is with the guests and dealers but are showing TFcon footage with Greg Berger or our dealer rooms and line ups..... HRRRMMMM..... and we didn't get a name drop.

Protoman
07-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Here is little caps of everyone from our forum and staff that was shown in the dvd. The only thing I left out was Guber's art in the fanart section of the DVD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/protomanx/cons/cameos.jpg

UltraPrimal
07-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I like how you refer to yourself in the 3rd person there.

Protoman
07-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Protoman has no idea what your talking about.

dak
07-12-2009, 02:21 PM
that's awesome! i knew it was going to be there, but it's really awesome! And this is in all of north america!

Evan
07-18-2009, 12:55 AM
We have to thank Evan for all his work wit the TFcon DVDs cause a lot of this footage was his.
Awww shucks. :o

My only problem was they talked a lot about how great Botcon was, while overlapping the talking with TFcon footage (from the hall to the dealer room). Like they talk about was great Botcon is with the guests and dealers but are showing TFcon footage with Greg Berger or our dealer rooms and line ups..... HRRRMMMM..... and we didn't get a name drop.
While not mentioned specifically during "The Autobots, The Decepticons, and the Fans," (I was disappointed too!) TFcon Toronto did receive a special thanks in the end credits!

that's awesome! i knew it was going to be there, but it's really awesome! And this is in all of north america!
And Daksterpiece is the opening shot of The Autobots, The Decepticons, and the Fans! Congrats dak!
First time in North America too! Previously TFcon Toronto footage has appeared on Metrodome's G1 Season One release (UK) and Madman's Beast Wars Season 2 and its re-release in the Complete Collection (Australia).

JLvatron
07-20-2009, 05:41 PM
That's amaze!! :):)
Good work Evan!

And thanks for the info, Protoman. So what's the deal with the Matrix set, will it be available in the stores soon?
Cause Shout S1 dvd was out in retail 1 week before Shout's online date AND cheaper.

renegade_decepticon
07-20-2009, 05:50 PM
great pictures dude thanks for the info protoman, great to see how that life sized prime got made. can't wait to get my season 2 vol 1 dvd from shout, i hope your enjoying that matrix of leadership box set.

GMfan
07-20-2009, 06:00 PM
great to see how that life sized prime got made.

I wouldn't call it life sized....it was only about 10 feet tall, Optimus is about 30 or so.

Robimus
07-21-2009, 01:46 AM
I'll buy one now just to get you all to autograph it:p

Thats awesome!

EnragedCoconut
07-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't call it life sized....it was only about 10 feet tall, Optimus is about 30 or so.

10'4 inches.

HC

GMfan
07-21-2009, 02:00 PM
She would know being in possession of Daksterpiece now :P

EnragedCoconut
07-21-2009, 02:40 PM
That but more so because of the fact that my many plans for this thing have been thwarted by his height. So i'm painfully aware of exactly how tall he is.

Being an HR Manager, I had plans to "transform" my office as part of our employee summer fun initiatives. It pains me to say that our office only has 9 foot ceilings. I had people on desks wielding measuring tapes and everything. I considered removing ceiling panels but figured that would be too much. I may still bring him in if I ever do a TF screening but it will only be his upper torso.

His upper half, arms and gun remain assembled in my family room. I found a great little table that propped him up while allowing his arms to hang down monkey-like. It works. He's in front of my elliptical machine and across from my computer desk. We turn his eyes on when we're in that room working out or whatever.

His legs are stored in our storage locker so they're safe but out of the way. If Halloween calls for good weather I may assemble him completely while we hand out candy from the garage.

I love him completely but if I was to ever wish him to be any different it would be to be like a foot shorter heh.

HC

dak
07-23-2009, 12:59 PM
time to cut him at the knees. lol.

The original plan was for him to be only 6 or 7 ft.... didn't end up that way.

Protoman
07-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Thank goodness.

JLvatron
07-26-2009, 04:58 PM
So will this boxset be available in stores?

And does the online order take paypal?

Protoman
07-26-2009, 08:33 PM
So will this boxset be available in stores?

And does the online order take paypal?

Sadly the boxset won't be in stores, Shout wants to promote the single season sets.

The website to get the Matrix of Leadership boxset does not take paypal but does take credit cards...... so it's almost the same thing, if you have one, no doubt you have the other.