PDA

View Full Version : FansProject D.I.A. Commander Shipping with Free Extra Goodies

Super_Megatron
07-07-2009, 11:40 AM
FansProject D.I.A. Commander Shipping with Free Extra Goodies (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/fansproject-dia-commander-shipping-with-free-extra-goodies-168090/)

Category: Universe Classics 2.0

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Matrix_Holder
07-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Is this extra item going to raise the price of the set if the wholesalers are being charged $35 more for the set?

hugh_da_man
07-07-2009, 11:50 AM
It sounds like the changes made to differentiate it from the TFCon commander is what's giving you the $35 increase. Since they normally include different things with each new Commander release (swords, launchers, suitcases, etc) my guess is that the "free" item was already built into the price and the added items and changes to differentiate from the TFCon PC are what's adding the $35 increase at wholesale.

So no one is paying for the free item...they're paying for the fact that the internet blew up and forced FP to make changes to their design.

venksta
07-07-2009, 12:40 PM
It sounds like the changes made to differentiate it from the TFCon commander is what's giving you the $35 increase. Since they normally include different things with each new Commander release (swords, launchers, suitcases, etc) my guess is that the "free" item was already built into the price and the added items and changes to differentiate from the TFCon PC are what's adding the $35 increase at wholesale.

So no one is paying for the free item...they're paying for the fact that the internet blew up and forced FP to make changes to their design.

Red Leader confirmed that the increase was due to that big thread on TFW2005 awhile ago which caused the price increase, lol.

The story behind the price increase is funny. Fans who were not going to buy the DIA Commander cause a uproar about DIA not being different enough to the TFCon Commander. So in trying to make those angry fans happy, who are not buying it, FansProject has to charge those that are, with more money to cover the changes the actual buyers did not ask for, lol.

Matrix_Holder
07-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Its all FansProject fault this blew up in the first place. you don't make an "exclusive" product and charge an insane amount for something that is not even a full figure...just parts... and release the almost exact same item, with added chrome apps (oohh wow chrome) and not expect people to get the feeling of being taken for an "exclusive " short ride.

all they see is more money for the same thing over and over again.

onecoin
07-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Hahaha. This just gets more and more ridiculous.

astrana
07-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Its all FansProject fault this blew up in the first place.

i am sure there is different side of this whole thing. many people just dont know about it

venksta
07-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Its all FansProject fault this blew up in the first place. you don't make an "exclusive" product and charge an insane amount for something that is not even a full figure...just parts... and release the almost exact same item, with added chrome apps (oohh wow chrome) and not expect people to get the feeling of being taken for an "exclusive " short ride.

all they see is more money for the same thing over and over again.

Actually, the fault lies with both FansProject and TFCon. As stated by both groups, there was miscommunication. As for charging an "insane" amount, FP sold PC to TFCon for a low price. TFCon added whatever price on top to sell it to fans directly themselves. I'm sure if we saw the break down on who got how much to cover what, the story would be totally different about PC's price at TFCon. :)

For those not aware, Red Leader got this info about the price increase and freebie from his wholesaler, not FansProject. And it seems the wholesaler is screwing him over on this version. BBTS replied to someone on TFW stating their not aware of the price increase or extras.