PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Movie Real Gear Released in Canada

Super_Megatron
05-04-2007, 06:49 PM
I just got back from the Upper James Zellers in Hamilton Ontario where I found the Transformers Movie Real Gear figures on the shelf, they are $9.99 each. This is the first North Americian sighting of LONGVIEW, POWER UP VT6, SPEED DIAL 800 and SPY SHOT 6.

Find out what Transformers are in your area by checking out the Canadian Transformers Sightings forum (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=4).

ANDROID PRIME
05-04-2007, 07:08 PM
we got the preview figures first, now the real gear. it seems like its a good time to be a transfan in GTA

Cruellock
05-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Wow, I need to check Zellers on the weekend.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
05-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I got 3 out of these 4 ahead of time, but the camera is my fav and its the one I didn't get...so off to Zellers tomorrow I guess. Hopefully this means the rest of the movie figs are following a bit before june 1st too!

rid
05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
which aisle are did you guys grab these in? I check the regular transformers aisle but haven't seen anything...

Aernaroth
05-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Who was it that was complaining Canada always gets transformers last? I want them to see this.

Phy
05-05-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm gonna get a Longview, then drive down to Longview, and photograph him in front of the Welcome to Longview sign.

Aernaroth, that was pretty much the Beast Era straight through to Armada. It's better now. Settle.

BadJeff
05-05-2007, 02:15 AM
I'm gonna get a Longview, then drive down to Longview, and photograph him in front of the Welcome to Longview sign.
With some longview beef jerkey:D

Phy
05-05-2007, 02:23 AM
You know it. That stuff is delicious.

Super_Megatron
05-05-2007, 09:57 AM
which aisle are did you guys grab these in? I check the regular transformers aisle but haven't seen anything...

Was with the rest of the Transformers, give it a few days, might not have hit your region yet.

PrimeConvoy
05-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Going to go look around today, doubt i'll find them here yet. but still worth the look.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
05-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Was with the rest of the Transformers, give it a few days, might not have hit your region yet.

I just checked 2 Zellers in Toronto. No signs of anything movie (real gears, movie voyagers, op blasters, all as reported here).

So I'm guessing that 'released' is the wrong word for movie stuff that has been sighted, and rather certain isolated stores have put stuff on the shelf early, as in Ohio a few weeks back (see tfw2005). Do we have any reason to believe that they actually have been released, rather than accidentally put on the shelves in a couple of stores?

soundwaveCA
05-05-2007, 02:27 PM
*foams at mouth*

y2jversion1
05-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Got these from Cedarbrae Zellers just now:

I got:

1 leader Prime
2 Unleashed Bumblebees
2 Blackout
2 Ratchet
2 of each Legends (Barricade, Jazz, Bumblebee, Ratchet)
1 of each Cyber Slammer (Barricade, Bumblebee)
1 Prime Helmet
1 Cyber Stompin Bumblebee
1 FAB Jazz
1 FAB Ironhide

There's still some Legends figures and 1 of each Blackout & Ratchet left, lots of Cyber Slammers & Helmets and 1 Cyber Stompin Bumblebee left. Oh and lots of Real Gear stuff left - only the first 4 though, game controller guy and handicam not there.

Super_Megatron
05-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I just checked 2 Zellers in Toronto. No signs of anything movie (real gears, movie voyagers, op blasters, all as reported here).

So I'm guessing that 'released' is the wrong word for movie stuff that has been sighted, and rather certain isolated stores have put stuff on the shelf early, as in Ohio a few weeks back (see tfw2005). Do we have any reason to believe that they actually have been released, rather than accidentally put on the shelves in a couple of stores?

No, if it's out at retail it's been released. Not all stores receive stock at the same time or stock shelves at the same time is all. Hasbro Canada has these in stock and has shipped them to retailers.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
05-05-2007, 08:18 PM
No, if it's out at retail it's been released. Not all stores receive stock at the same time or stock shelves at the same time is all. Hasbro Canada has these in stock and has shipped them to retailers.

What about the June 2nd release date?
How do we know other Zellers and retailers are going to follow suit, or that they won't be ripped back off the shelves by monday?

PrimeConvoy
05-06-2007, 12:52 PM
So far no luck in finding anything here yet and when I was at TRU yesturday they had signs up with the preview figures saying see more moive figures June 2nd. So I cant really see one store company having a street date while the others dont or whatever it may be. thinking It could be just isolated and luck too. But I hope not, I would love to see the figures here any day now that would be awesome

Super_Megatron
05-06-2007, 01:07 PM
What about the June 2nd release date?
How do we know other Zellers and retailers are going to follow suit, or that they won't be ripped back off the shelves by monday?

They are obviously not following it, they are on shelves in multiple stores. We never know the exact dates retailers stock new product and this is no different. If they have new product and they are trying to sell it. The product is out, there's no debating fact.

Super_Megatron
05-06-2007, 01:08 PM
So far no luck in finding anything here yet and when I was at TRU yesturday they had signs up with the preview figures saying see more moive figures June 2nd. So I cant really see one store company having a street date while the others dont or whatever it may be. thinking It could be just isolated and luck too. But I hope not, I would love to see the figures here any day now that would be awesome

Again, they are not following the street date. This isn't the first time this has happened and isn't isolated as per multiple other sightings. Just like any release it will vary from store to store.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
05-06-2007, 03:33 PM
They are obviously not following it, they are on shelves in multiple stores. We never know the exact dates retailers stock new product and this is no different. If they have new product and they are trying to sell it. The product is out, there's no debating fact.

So you're predicting that it will be in and stocked at all Zellers by next weekend? The randomness of some having them and some not (for me, within Toronto/Scarborough) seems weird to me still, but I have now found 2 stores (thanks to the Cyberton.ca boards!!!!!) with them and most of what I wanted (except no deluxe class) from these 2 stores (cedebrae and bloor/dundas) so I'm happy enough to call them released, I just hope hearing this doesn't send tons of people out to Zellers that won't be stocking them for weeks is all.

Super_Megatron
05-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Whether or not a store puts out new stock has always been a store by store basis. Depends on the people working there. I've never had much luck asking people that work at retail to check the stock rooms but I guess it couldn't hurt.

Quantum
05-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Picked up Wave 1 of Real Gear Robots at the Zellers on Upper James in Hamilton. Thanks for the tip SM!! They're frickin awesome!

soundwaveCA
05-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Its funny now I've found everything but Real Gear :(

jourdo
05-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Its funny now I've found everything but Real Gear :(

About time you had to wait for something. ;)

Checked the Shawnessey Zellers over the weekend and nadda. Have these been seen outside Ontario yet?

Shepp
05-08-2007, 08:12 PM
me, but it seems to be localized in my area that it happens (though cybertron primus with the unicron head was a fluke).

Who was it that was complaining Canada always gets transformers last? I want them to see this.

Robimus
05-20-2007, 03:46 AM
Love Longveiw, I can just imagine the character transforming so another character can veiw something far away. Just like Megatron transforming so Starscream can use him in gun mode!!! Cool figure!

Animattronic
05-29-2007, 11:03 PM
About time you had to wait for something. ;)

Checked the Shawnessey Zellers over the weekend and nadda. Have these been seen outside Ontario yet?

hey I just found some at Zellers at Sunridge today.
all four. they are not in the action figures section obviously.