PDA

View Full Version : Will classics go on sale?

ANDROID PRIME
05-01-2007, 12:20 PM
hey Im thinking about finally giving in and buying classics prime and jetfire. do you think they will go on sale anytime soon, or should I just poney up the cash?

rid
05-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Everything will go on sale sooner or later. If you can afford to wait, it'll be on sale eventually. I was 25% off for xmas. It will be again.

Xalticus
05-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Or if you're lucky you can catch one that's price isn't in the system and hope for a lazy cashier and get it for $13 :D

RedOktobre
05-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Hey Android Prime,

We're in the same boat! I wanted to get Classics Jetfire and Prime for quite a while now too! Toys R Us, Zellers, and the Bay in Vancouver all charge $29.99. I believe Superstore or Walmart charges $ 27.XX, but they never seem to have any in stock. Unfortunately, Toys R Us had a sale for Classics Prime at $ 22.99 over a month ago.

I think that we have to either wait longer and go to the States and buy if for $19.99 USD$ at Target.

One more thing, in Vancouver, the stock of Classics is starting to run dry now because of the new Movie figures coming out on June 2, 2007. It is possible that the Classics may go on sale some time before to make room for the new movie toys.

RedOktobre

ANDROID PRIME
05-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Hey Android Prime,

We're in the same boat! I wanted to get Classics Jetfire and Prime for quite a while now too! Toys R Us, Zellers, and the Bay in Vancouver all charge $29.99. I believe Superstore or Walmart charges $ 27.XX, but they never seem to have any in stock. Unfortunately, Toys R Us had a sale for Classics Prime at $ 22.99 over a month ago.

I think that we have to either wait longer and go to the States and buy if for $19.99 USD$ at Target.

One more thing, in Vancouver, the stock of Classics is starting to run dry now because of the new Movie figures coming out on June 2, 2007. It is possible that the Classics may go on sale some time before to make room for the new movie toys.

RedOktobre

there are tons of primes lining the shelves around me, and the odd jetfire sprinkled in there.
I want the figures but not bad enough to pay full price. Im just hoping they go on sale soon before i cant find any more jetfires.

RedOktobre
05-01-2007, 01:57 PM
We got lots of Classic Primes and Jetfires here in Vancouver.

You should scope out other places like Walmart and Zellers. I would make a note of which places have Jetfire and rush to get one when a sale happens!

Good luck!

ANDROID PRIME
05-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Ill just hide a jetfire way back in the store and wait for all the primes to go on clearance

RedOktobre
05-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah. Good ideal! Find some obscure location where no one would check or notice.

PrimeConvoy
05-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I think if you hold out long enough you'll find these guys on sale. Thinking soon we'll see them trying to get rid of all the old stuff just to make room for all the Transformer stuff.

noodle
05-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Im hoping when TRU reissue soundwave ships to canada [if he ever does] That it will ship with more classic figures rather than the movie figures. But like PrimeConvoy said, once they bring in the movie figures classics should go on sale. Who knows they might be on sale next week. I really wish I decided to start collecting the line months ago.

edit: was just on TFW2005, and apparently movie figures are to be released June 02/2007 so we should have a classic sale in the near future.

Xalticus
05-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Actually (Real Canadian)SuperStore Sells Prime/Jetfire/Megatron for $39.98 :mad: I was lucky. I physically live across the street from one, well the parking lot, the store is a little to the left.

kidkid
05-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey Android Prime,

Superstore?!?!? Which Superstore has transformers?!?! OMG:eek:

Aernaroth
05-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Toronto. Hell, everything goes to toronto first, for obvious reasons.

Protoman
05-01-2007, 06:01 PM
For sure the larger sized/2 pack stuff is going to go on sale sooner or later, every TRU seems to be having problems moving them, just like their current sale due to Cybertron Menasor

RedOktobre
05-02-2007, 12:23 AM
kidkid,

Yes, Superstore sells TFs.

The following Superstores have Alternators:

Granview & Rupert
Marine & Main

RedOktobre

Xalticus
05-02-2007, 01:10 AM
kidkid,

Granview & Rupert
Marine & Main

RedOktobre

But Really don't bother as if the prices are the same as they are here they are also priced at $39.98, you'd have better luck buying them off an American website or just going to the U.S. as the Canadian Dollar keeps going up.

kidkid
05-02-2007, 01:10 AM
kidkid,

Granview & Rupert
Marine & Main

RedOktobre

Thanx. RedOktobre. I went to the one on Marine Drive...but the price is crazy. A Voyager Prime costs 39 dollars, the Alternators are 38, lol

Xalticus
05-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Thanx. RedOktobre. I went to the one on Marine Drive...but the price is crazy. A Voyager Prime costs 39 dollars, the Alternators are 38, lol

Yeah, it's like that here though, I'll be sure to give you a heads up if I notice any changes in their pricing, I go there at least once a week to restock my Popsicle supply(I found they sedate my allergy attacks and they are cheaper than Allergy medication). Again its just across the street so its no bother.

RedOktobre
05-02-2007, 01:24 AM
noodle,

Yes, the Soundwave re-issue will be on sale at Toys R Us in May/June. A handwritten board sign at the West Broadway Toys R US in Vancouver said so.

kidkid, no problem-o!

Super_Megatron
05-02-2007, 09:41 AM
With Movie toys being released in a month a Classics sale only makes sense.

RedOktobre
05-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey Xalticus,

What kind of allergy attacks do you have?

I have "hay fever". In May, June, and July, I sneeze, have a running nose, have watery eyes, etc like a son of bitXX! I stopped taking "over the counter medication" because they make me feel "goofy" and sleepy. Instead, I carry a large box of extra soft Kleenex with me.

I'll try popsicles too!

RedOktobre

Xalticus
05-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Hey Xalticus,

What kind of allergy attacks do you have?

I have "hay fever". In May, June, and July, I sneeze, have a running nose, have watery eyes, etc like a son of bitXX! I stopped taking "over the counter medication" because they make me feel "goofy" and sleepy. Instead, I carry a large box of extra soft Kleenex with me.

I'll try popsicles too!

RedOktobre

I really have no idea what it is, I think its dust in the air, I hope its not pet dander, as I love my cat and don't want to be allergic to him. As for the Popsicles if you do live near a SuperStore, or grocery store that sells "No Name" brand products, try looking for one called "Cosmo pops" they are Purple-Green-Pink, all in one popsicle, they taste great and come in boxes of 30, here they only cost $3.49 a box, if you're lucky it should be the same there too. I think its the cooling down feeling they give thats so calming.

----------
Funnily enough, if prior to the merger this board tended to stay on topic, those days are over, as those of us from the TFCon Forum are notorious for going off topic, -Fast- it's not entirely intentional either, it just sort of happens.

Nightscrabbler
05-02-2007, 11:46 AM
I don't have bad allergies all the time, but right now my eyes are burning like hell, and my nose is running. Gah.

RedOktobre
05-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Xalticus,

I'll try your suggestion. Right now, I've got nothing to lose. Surprisingly, my hay faver symptoms have not fully activated yet.

I also noticed that caffeine seems to have alleviate some of my hay fever symptoms (running nose, watery eyes, and so forth). However, caffeine makes me go piss much more often.

As for going off-topic, this always happens. I probably caused it a few times. Someone responds to a post and "throws in" an extra comment (or joke) which gets my attention. Of course, I enquire about the comment; thus, a new "tangent" topic is formed! The Canadian TF forum is smaller, friendlier, and more "cozy". I suspect that most Canadians don't mind at all!

RedOktobre

Socko76
05-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Will Claratin go on sale?

noodle
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Will Claratin go on sale?

I believe theres a mail-in rebate with each classics deluxe figure purchased at London Drugs.:rolleyes:

RedOktobre
05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Socko76,
Claratin, Reactine, and other "over the counter" stuff only works for me for about 2 days. Afterwards, my body develops a tolerance against these pills. Then, the pills don't work.