PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a good epoxy?

Cheers Ian
06-15-2009, 10:50 AM
I've got to try and repair a piece on one of my TF's and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent epoxy.

Basically, a small tab broke off and I need to repair it, however it's a tab where I will need to reinforce the repaired area with a smaller piece of plastic, so basically I need something that can "weld" a two pieces of plastic together.

I also need a VERY tiny amount of it, so I don't want to get into buying a huge tube or anything.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers!
-Ian

frenzy_rumble
06-15-2009, 11:50 AM
not sure if they carry it in walmart, but I recommend and always use Devcon plastic weld. Another comparable (even better) but not as available is Super Glue's "plastic fusion"....both are 2 part epoxy glues for plastic, and about $4 USD.

Pascal
06-15-2009, 12:16 PM
I remember using a 2-part epoxy once to repair my severely damaged resin Studio Half Eye Shin Getter 2 and it was a nightmare to work with. But in the end, the repair hold up strong.

frenzy_rumble
06-15-2009, 12:58 PM
oh yeah, the stuff's very messy and hard to work with, but the devcon is some of the toughest avail. at retail, it's pasty too, so it's sorta easier to work with over the gels or thinner stuff. I often use it for a filler. I've had plastic snap at joints before this stuff gives.

Cheers Ian
06-15-2009, 01:48 PM
not sure if they carry it in walmart, but I recommend and always use Devcon plastic weld. Another comparable (even better) but not as available is Super Glue's "plastic fusion"....both are 2 part epoxy glues for plastic, and about $4 USD.

Where would I find the devcon stuff if it isn't available at Wal-Mart, I don't mind making a special trip for something, but I don't to be running all over town looking ;)

Cheers!
-Ian

frenzy_rumble
06-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I found some really cheap online, I think it was ace-hardware.

anemis
06-15-2009, 03:51 PM
you could always use cyanoacrylate glue... use the standard one and not the gap filling ones... but be carefull ! that thing runs like water BUT it bond things like you would,nt believe !!