PDA

View Full Version : Digibash plans for Reflector custom

Prime Roller
06-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Spectro, Viewfinder, and Spyglass are Reflector -- made from three Real Gear Spyshot 6 figures. Original images found here :
Spy Shot 6 - Teletraan I: the Transformers Wiki - Transformers 2, Revenge of The Fallen, Animated, Toys (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Spy_Shot_6)

I wanted to learn how to use photoshop, and I plan to make this for real, so here is my first digibash ever.
And since I've been buying some painting supplies, and supplies to cast these heads off some oversized KOs I have, I'll also say this is a kitbash work in progress.
I moved here to Taiwan about a month and a half ago, and as soon as my boxes arrive (shipped all my TFs by slow boat), I'll be able to do this up for real.

I've included some reference pics I used. I tried for a cartoon character feel with influences from the way the toys looked.
Please feel free to give any and all opinions on this. Your feedback will help me make changes for when it comes time to make this for real. Thanks.

Tekkamanraiden
06-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Looks really good.

JLvatron
06-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Nice work dude! :) Can't wait to see your progress!

Bruticus82
06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
That looks great actually. It's a little bulky as far as those point and click digital cameras go, but I think with flash bulb on there it could pass as a retro styled digital SLR, which justifies the thickness. (I might make the flashbulb bigger if you're trying to make it a digital SLR though...but I don't know, it looks pretty nice the way it is. I'm undecided on this.)

Don't know how much modding you want to get into doing, but you might want to consider somehow extending the lens on the front one, it looks a little stubby for such a sturdy/thick camera.

Have you thought how you're going to have the three all held together? Adding some sort of ports, or are there existing parts you can use to snap them together? Maybe drill some holes and use some rare earth magnets? (I hear those hold up pretty well, but I've never used them personally).

Great job on the photoshop by the way! You're better at it then I am.

Prime Roller
06-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Looks really good.

Nice work dude! :) Can't wait to see your progress!

That looks great actually. It's a little bulky as far as those point and click digital cameras go, but I think with flash bulb on there it could pass as a retro styled digital SLR, which justifies the thickness. (I might make the flashbulb bigger if you're trying to make it a digital SLR though...but I don't know, it looks pretty nice the way it is. I'm undecided on this.)

Don't know how much modding you want to get into doing, but you might want to consider somehow extending the lens on the front one, it looks a little stubby for such a sturdy/thick camera.

Have you thought how you're going to have the three all held together? Adding some sort of ports, or are there existing parts you can use to snap them together? Maybe drill some holes and use some rare earth magnets? (I hear those hold up pretty well, but I've never used them personally).

Great job on the photoshop by the way! You're better at it then I am.

Thanks dudes, for the positive reinforcement comments.
And thanks Bruticus82 for the suggestions as well! I'll check out some photos of the digital SLR style you're talking about. If I can make it look more 'real' I will.
I don't actually have the toys in front of me at the moment (they are in a freight ship somewhere on the Pacific right now), but I was thinking of attaching with magnets. There should be room enough in the body for those. And leaving something for overlap to keep them aligned.

Thanks again for the comments guys. I had to find something creative to keep me sane. It was good to have this to work on after just moving back here to Taiwan, instead of being overwhelmed by a new place.

So, any ideas on what I can photoshop up next -- until my dremel and other supplies arrive?

jourdo
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
That actually works. Can't wait to see some more.

chans formers
06-10-2009, 12:18 PM
that's a neat idea!looks like it's definately doable!!