PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Titanium series Transformers?

kidkid
04-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Oh, I mean, what do you think about the Titanium Series...not serious, lol, sorry, but i can't change my topic. I was wondering if they are worth the effort to collect....I was looking at them...In my opinion, the Rodimus Prime looks awesome esepcially when it transforms into a truck.....other than that, i think their quality isn't that great. Especially the paint job...It looks like those fake transformers from china..... Do you guys think they are worth to collect? :confused:

Tech Spec
04-30-2007, 03:58 AM
I personally like them, except for old man GI Joe Megs, and Depends Edition Soundwave. I don't play with these much just coz they are diecast and they chip easily. These are great display pieces for sure, also these are the first time we are seeing War Within molds too which is very cool IMO.

Super_Megatron
04-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Hasbro is releasing updated figures and releases in this line that I've always wanted toys of, I love the line and will continue to support it.

Team Jetfire
04-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I have only opened 2 of them and I have a few thoughts.

- They are heavy. When you pick it up out of the box, you really feel the di-cast portion of the figure.

- They are good for display purpose. GiJoe megs fall apart very easily as does WW Prime...but they look go all set up.

- Titanium’s will give you something that all other lines will not. Various figures from different eras on the same scale as the other...For some reason I really like this aspect of them.

RedOktobre
04-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Hey kidkid,

I collect the Titanium series of TFs.

I specially collect the 3" non-transforming series because it is much cheaper. You should check out London Drugs in the Lower Mainland. If you find any, they are clearance priced at only $ 5.00 + tax.

I purchased only one 6" Titanium, Rodimus Prime. I like this one a lot - just like you. I didn't purchase Optimus Prime because I didn't think that the old fashioned fire truck looked attractive. As for Starscream, I'm borderline about this one. He looks similar to Cybertron Starscream, but not perfectly. G1 Scourge looks pretty good, but I'm not into Scourge.

My GF does not like the 3" Titanium line because they do not transform. However, I find the 3" guys very convenient to place on my monitor at work and stuff.

I strongly agree with Team Jetfire's 3 points.

Overall, Titaniums are sturdy and attractive for display, but not convenient for "all out playing" since the limbs often fall out or become loose.

RedOktobre

General Tekno
04-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Myself, I would honestly rather see these done in plastic than die-cast.

But, I must say, the effort that they're putting into this line and the toys we're getting because of it makes me support the line.

lars573
04-30-2007, 11:41 AM
I like the 6 inch heroes of cybertron. The 3 inches not so much. I have Rodimus Prime. And eventually want to get G1 Scourge Ultra Magnus and Soundbaster.

soundwaveCA
04-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Bought Prime when they first came out, wasint too impressed. Some of the other Tit's have interested me a bit (Rodimus) but I'm pretty much giving this line a pass.

Protoman
04-30-2007, 12:07 PM
The series has heart. Giving us some figures that we wanted for some time. I always want figures of the obscure. Getting all those War Within molds (including a unexpected The Fallen) is bless. Sure their has been quality problems and "floppy issues" but as the 6 incher line progresses they seem to be getting better and better. I mean Rodimus Prime is just...... wow......... Also I like the 3 incher line, they are just cute and fun.

Super_Megatron
04-30-2007, 12:15 PM
There were quality issues with the first wave, Hasbro acknowledged this, it was the first time they had done this sort of thing. I've been pleased with wave 2 onwards though.

kidkid
04-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Ya, maybe u guys are right about the scale thingie. U really can't get the same scale from different transformer's generation.......That is what i was concerning in the beginning when i start collect Transformers, I was too used to the scale thing for Gundams. Is it possible to get the 6" Soundwave? Or is it even out yet? :confused: And which ones are out for the 6" ? I am more into the 6" inches thing, cuz 3" has less action. I love actions.

Nerroth
04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
So far, I only have WW Jetfire (who's back in Ireland) and Rodimus Prime (who is just great - but then I am a huge Roddy fan!), but as far as the line itself goes...

From what I've seen of the figs - such as at the TFcon - the range is very hit and miss. Some moulds that do most things right have a few glaring faults (G1 Ultra Magnus' head looks terrible, and I hate the soft rubber heads and hands on the WW Seekers) and as a line it's very hard to find!

For example, as a fan of the Movie-era characters I'd like to at least see Scourge before deciding on him or not, and even at the con I couldn't see him - although I did arrive late.

Even Rodimus - by far my favourite, along with Jetfire - could have been a little less hunchback-ey in robot mode, and he doesn't fit seamlessly as a vehicle either.

But hey - if they do a G1 Cyclonus and Galvatron, I'll snap them up anyway!

Paradigm-Shift Prime
04-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah, really they're subpar figures IMO, for reasons already mentioned. They are so basic and clunky. Worst of all most their transformations are doable by a 1 year old in 10 seconds, which is what disappoints me the most. They're still ok, definately not worth 'collecting' if you feel pressured into buying ones you don't really want, and we get ripped on the price for them here in Canada too (biggest price mark up from US of TF figs).

The ones I do have are: Jetfire, Thundercracker, Soundwave, and Rodimus.

PrimeConvoy
05-01-2007, 03:15 PM
I collect both the 6in and 3in line think both are worth collecting especially the 6in line. I love the random choice of figures for the line and for some people they can pick and choose the ones you want, same goes for the 3in line as well. So far I'm trying to keep up and have the whole of both lines. There are some pros and cons with some figures but they are easy over looked casue the figures are great. THe best thing to do is to pick up one you like and check it out for yourself.

BadJeff
05-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm actually a pretty big fan of the Titanium line. Great for displaying, crappy for handling. Megatron with the f'd up legs/hip makes me mental though. He jumped off one of my top shelves in the middle of the night and took out 10 others with him on the way down, shooting rockets and missles off in all directions, still haven't found a few. Fallen in bot mode is probably my favorite, the flames do it for me for some reason.

kidkid
05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm actually a pretty big fan of the Titanium line. Great for displaying, crappy for handling. Megatron with the f'd up legs/hip makes me mental though. He jumped off one of my top shelves in the middle of the night and took out 10 others with him on the way down, shooting rockets and missles off in all directions, still haven't found a few.

LOL

Aernaroth
05-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I find it kind of ironic. People complain about how they want die cast figures for all this time, and when they get them, they aren't happy. Its not easy to make a die cast figure, there's a lot of additional production issues that don't come up with plastic, and I'm of the mind Hasbro's been doing what they can. I think the line has been ok, some toys a lot better than others, but all in all, a decent line.

RedOktobre
05-02-2007, 01:44 AM
Aemaroth, good point.
I guess all of us collectors are picking and critical people who can't be satisfied! However, I won't be surprised if Hasbro likes our criticism. Afterall, I suspect that their people probably regular "monitor" TF website like these in order to gather "marketing" or "research" information.

kidkid,
please tell me more. You're so funny! Why didn't Megatron jump? Who did Megatron take with him? Did any TFs lose any limbs? Which "Fallen" are you referring to?

Yes, the 3" have less action, but they're great to place on your monitor at work!

Primeconvoy,
I'm impressed and you have my admiration. I thought that I was the only person collecting 3" Titaniums. I don't have much trouble getting them. I just can't afford to buy them all!

Nerroth,
I absolutely agree with you about the "hit & miss". I like the 3" figures, but have only purchased one 6" figure, Rodimus Prime. Many of the 6 inchers don't seem to "turn me on". And, yes, I don't like Rodimus hunch back either!

Protoman, yes, cute & fun!

RedOktobre

Super_Megatron
05-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Afterall, I suspect that their people probably regular "monitor" TF website like these in order to gather "marketing" or "research" information.

They definately do.

Vangelus
05-04-2007, 02:43 PM
I <3 Titaniums for being quirky and rickety fanwanks made by the Micro Machines people. :D

Totally understand why one would avoid them, but they've got a place on my shelf.

Scrapper6
05-04-2007, 11:07 PM
At the current time; 10:04 PM May 4TH 2007 I still only have Beast Wars Megatron out of the 3" set, with my primary task of completing my Cybertron collection before its' too late buying little statues for 8$ a piece depending on retailer hasn't been a high priority... I think I'm only going to get the G1 3" from now on though and BW Op simply because Megs needs someone to fight against.

I had thought of getting certain 6" figures, but the War Within Starscream has a blue head for crying out loud, call me crazy but isn't he supposed to have a black head?

Anyway if I do ever get any of the 6" figures they'll probably be figures who haven't been made before like The Fallen or possibly some of the other WW stuff maybe.

kidkid
05-05-2007, 12:17 AM
LOL, yah, after all these comment, i haf decided NOT to collect titanium series.... Maybe i should collect the upcoming movie transformers?

GMfan
05-05-2007, 12:37 PM
6'' all the way, why get the 3'' transformers that don't transform? I gotta say I'm getting tired of all the repaints coming out but I saw it coming, I just wish they did WW Skywarp before they did Sunstorm (was he even in WW?). Otherwise I'm glad they fixed their screw up by repainting WW Optimus as WW Magnus (once again shocking) but when they released the pics of G1 Ultra Magnus I was blown out of the water. Though I noticed on the original pics he has red eyes and the final product had the show accurate blue eyes, this is a piece I must have in my collection but I hoped to hell there was 12'' or 20'' version :P .

Cruellock
05-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I like the larger ones, even though I don't own any.. But I don't like the smaller ones due to their price. It's a bit too much for such a small thing.

Shepp
05-06-2007, 08:44 PM
well, i own some of the 3ti and some of the 6ti. i am disappointed with the 3ti line as a whole, but it has its charm. plus they have very interesting poses, some better than others.

for instance, wwi optimus can get into a pose like he just landed a jump and is about to sprint.

but then there are ones that just drop the ball. g1 galvatron is there doing his crazy disco dance nazi salute. there really isnt any other way to describe it.

so for the 3ti figures i'm only picking up those characters that fit in my collection. predaking looks awesome, but he just doesnt fit.

as for the 6ti figures, i've only been disappointed with the two megatron figures in the line. the first just fell apart constantly and is as posable as a brick.

the second one also has limited posability, and a really boring stransformation, but at least looks very impressive.

sure, wwi optimus had really loose legs (i operated on them and put folded paper to tighten the joints up) and his arms keep falling off, but in general i've been very very impressed by what they've done with the line.

that being said, i think if this line had been released in plastic (with better tooling much like the classics line, since plastic is easier to work with) it would have been even more popular, and probably merged with the classics line to form an unstoppable juggernaut.

ChrisW
05-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I want to get some of the 6" Titaniums, but I have yet to find a design that I like. Each design I've thought about buying has enough flaws to prevent me from buying it. It's a shame too, since this appears to be the only current line that is offering Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker.

GMfan
05-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Actually we have yet to see a WWI skywarp for this line, we'll be getting Sunstorm before we see Skywarp but who knows maybe its coming.

ChrisW
05-07-2007, 05:19 PM
An upcoming 6" Titanium Skywarp has been announced, and I believe it has been confirmed as the War Within design (Thundercracker redeco).

There was a catalogue scan released a while ago that showed the upcoming figures. Also included were War Within Grimlock, Soundblaster and Ravage, and a mystery version of Prowl. Might be War Within, might be G1. Might be Binaltech/Alternator Prowl for all we know. ;)

So far, there is no known release date for any of these figures. No pictures, either. Presumably, we'll get more info at BotCon.

Nerroth
05-07-2007, 07:01 PM
It would be great if they could add in Japanese G1 TFs, like Metalhawk, Victory Saber and Dai Atlas as well!

theLostSeeker
05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
I collect 6" Titaniums, mostly those from G1 and War Within. The line has its flaws (which one doesn't?), but I think they should continue releasing more and more of that die-cast goodness.

jourdo
05-10-2007, 11:32 PM
I've only gotten a few of these guys. The 3"-ers that I've gotten have just been impulse buys. Not bad.

I've only gotten Scourge, WW Prime, and Rodimus Prime of the 6" variety. I picked up Prime b/c he is Prime. I wanted the other 2 to add to my Classics team. They fit in well, but I would have preferred them in plastic over the diecast.

1337w422102
05-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Personally, I see a LOT of potential in the Titanium Series, and a lot of wasted potential. My beefs about the early figures (ugly paint apps, bad articulation, terrible poses) have for the most part been corrected in the later waves.

I really enjoy the Basic Titaniums, as you can see (sorry about the crappy picture!):

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/83457-01/Armorhide/group.jpg

I just think that the Basics are too small. When I look at the bubble, there is a lot of empty space, space with is filled with a useless base. The Star Wars Titaniums don't have this wasted space in the bubbles, so I feel kind of cheated when I see that air in the TFs' bubbles.

I think that they should make more than just figures. How about some Transformers objects, such Energon Cubes, the Golden Disks, the Key to Vector Sigma, or even the Matrix? I would get an Ultra-sized Matrix to display as well as a Basic-sized one to put on a chain and wear!

Sorry about the rant, I just wanted to let it out...

kidkid
05-11-2007, 02:29 AM
Ok, I think I will collect the G1 and Beast war's ones for Titanium 6".....just can't resist the look on the Rodimus Prime, I bought it today, haha..... Is Ultra Magnus G1 Titanium 6" out yet?? I see some ppl here got it...but I don't see it at any retail store so far.:confused:

1337w422102
05-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Is Ultra Magnus G1 Titanium 6" out yet?? I see some ppl here got it...but I don't see it at any retail store so far.:confused:
I haven't seen him at retail in Quebec yet. I know he's up for preorder at Legends (legendsactionfigures.com/en), but he hasn't arrived yet. I don't feel like paying $40 for him at ToF, so I'll have to wait, too.

I can't wait to get him, I have an idea for a new stop-motion short...

Xalticus
05-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I haven't seen him at retail in Quebec yet. I know he's up for preorder at Legends (legendsactionfigures.com/en), but he hasn't arrived yet. I don't feel like paying $40 for him at ToF, so I'll have to wait, too.

I can't wait to get him, I have an idea for a new stop-motion short...

Are you sure he can handle that?

1337w422102
05-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Are you sure he can handle that?

Probably not, but it'll be fun finding out! I imagine swinging the blue shoulder plates out really helps to improve his range of motion.

ChrisW
05-12-2007, 01:23 AM
TFW2005 has the first pics of the mystery Prowl figure that was announced a while back. As it turns out, War Within Prowl looks like the best figure in the line so far. I may have to pick one up once he gets released.

kidkid
05-12-2007, 01:27 AM
TFW2005 has the first pics of the mystery Prowl figure that was announced a while back. As it turns out, War Within Prowl looks like the best figure in the line so far. I may have to pick one up once he gets released.
Ya~ I seen the pic there. Yup, it looks nice, but the one I really want is the G1 Ultra Magnus, it looks original, I like original classic transformers.

GMfan
05-12-2007, 01:40 AM
I think I like it more now that I saw 6'' war within Prowl. :D

Super_Megatron
05-12-2007, 12:16 PM
I agree, WW Prowl looks great.

kidkid
05-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Prowl is okay, just hope they don't make this as a repaint version... like Menasar = Rodium Prime... that really suck....no way i am getting another figure just because it has different paint on it.

Nerroth
05-12-2007, 04:03 PM
I remember a few years ago that Takara did a repaint of G1 Rodimus Prime as 'astral form' Primus - from the UK Marvel story showing him fighting Unicron at the dawn of time.

If only Roddy was being repainted in hat kind of style!

(It would go well with the deluxe Unicron fig from TF: Cybertron, too.)

Gary

C_Shewins
06-30-2007, 08:05 PM
My gf called me a moment ago while on her trip, and she has found a titanium Fallen. I was going to ask her to grab it for me, and a moment ago I was looking at TFW2005. They said Hasbro is ending the Titanium 6" line. It's unfortunate that this line is going to the end so soon. So I say don't buy any titanium transformers if you haven't start yet.

RedOktobre
06-30-2007, 09:49 PM
My gf called me a moment ago while on her trip, and she has found a titanium Fallen. I was going to ask her to grab it for me, and a moment ago I was looking at TFW2005. They said Hasbro is ending the Titanium 6" line. It's unfortunate that this line is going to the end so soon. So I say don't buy any titanium transformers if you haven't start yet.

I wasn't a strong collector of the 6" Titanium line, but I never like to see any line ever stopping.

Well, I regularly collect the 3" Titanium line. I wonder if this line will be affected?

Dark Rage
06-30-2007, 11:59 PM
I got a WW Optimus earlier.

End result:

I have a WW Optimus for sale now.

'Nuff said.

1337w422102
07-01-2007, 12:08 AM

End result:

'Nuff said.
Don't judge the entire line on one of the earliest figures.

Dark Rage
07-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Don't judge the entire line on one of the earliest figures.

If only I had checked out seibertron's galleries earlier! Well, no, I did order a Titanium WW Jetfire, gotta love a pseudo-macross mecha character! And I did research his quality/transformation, looks good.

jourdo
07-01-2007, 12:33 AM

End result:

'Nuff said.

LOL!

I must be one of the few people who actually had minimal problems with this figure.