PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Muthafuggin' Holmes!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
05-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4K3aM5H5KM).

This looks awesome. They're taking all the parts of the Sherlock Holmes character that normally get glossed over in adaptations and cranking them up to 11. Plus Jude Law looks a hell of a lot more like Doyle's Watson than the Nigel Bruce parody that we've been stuck with for nearly a century.

Beechy
05-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm going to use that pillow line one day...

Team Jetfire
05-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Not knowing anything about Holmes lore this movie looks fun...but I can see the Holmes Geenwunners having a hayday with it.

I also wonder if they considered Hugh lauire as the Sherlock. There are times when Downey looks just like him.

Protoman
05-21-2009, 05:53 PM
This is really the story of Tony Stark from Ironman going back in time to prevent Manderin from changing the future, shhh don't tell anyone.

onecoin
05-21-2009, 06:06 PM
This is really the story of Tony Stark from Ironman going back in time to prevent Manderin from changing the future, shhh don't tell anyone.

I think they will figure it out once he calls for the Arch and the simulation ends.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
05-21-2009, 08:24 PM
I think they will figure it out once he calls for the Arch and the simulation ends.
I think you've got your power-armoured billionaire geniuses with stylish facial hair mixed up. It's David Xanatos that spent a great deal of time on the Holodeck after achieving immortality through a combination of science and sorcery and living to the 24th century.

Beechy
05-22-2009, 02:40 AM
He may be refering to the time Data toke on the role as SH and Geordi screwed things up.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-08-2010, 06:15 AM
I finally saw the movie a couple of days ago and it was frikin' awesome. Holmes and Watson were totally gay for each other. They tried to hide it by giving them both love interests but they weren't fooling anyone.

pud333
01-12-2010, 04:59 PM
This was actually a fun movie. I had no expectations and came out pleasantly surprised. Better than Pocahontas - er, Avatar.

And yes, Sherlock and Watson were definitely deep in manlove for each other. Nothing wrong with a good bromance. :)

Ultra Maverick
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Haven't seen the movie yet, but I really should considering that I was almost named Sherlock...

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Sorry Guy Ritchie, but you've been outdone. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaHvM9KVpcw)

Magnus
01-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Hoping to go see this movie this week-end, been looking forward to it for a while now.