PDA

View Full Version : Anime North 2009?

Stormstrike
05-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Is anyone going to this?

Bruticus82
05-18-2009, 08:49 PM
My cousins are. I also have friends who are, they are setting up a table, some kind of a business venture. I'm not sure exactly what they're doing...

Stormstrike
05-18-2009, 09:01 PM
AS I'll only be in the area for the weekend, does anyone have any asvice on where i might be able to look, and how by bus to get there to shop, for some of the ROTF stuff or recent universe releases? any advice would be apreciated.

Oasis
05-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I wish I could, but it's a holiday weekend down here. I'm doing what other American's are doing: partying hardy and thanking Veterans.

Dark Rage
05-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I wish I could, but it's a holiday weekend down here. I'm doing what other American's are doing: partying hardy and thanking Veterans.

You mean Partying Hard or Hardly Partying?

soundwaveCA
05-18-2009, 11:43 PM
I will but probably just for the Sunday to find some deals.

GMfan
05-18-2009, 11:57 PM
I'll be at the TFcon booth a few days when I'm not wandering around aimlessly

Dark Rage
05-18-2009, 11:58 PM
I'll be at the TFcon booth a few days when I'm not wandering around aimlessly

...Hunting furries

soundwaveCA
05-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Furries are easily startled but they;ll be back, and in greater numbers.

Omega_Prime
05-19-2009, 12:21 AM
I'll be there, but you can find me at the Renaissance all 3 days playing EVERY VIDEO GAME TOURNEY POSSIBLE! and then maybe at late Sunday I'll be at the dealers room looking for some deals.

Dark Rage
05-19-2009, 01:47 AM

You make it sound like it's one of those Canadian Hinterland Who's Who documentaries of Canadian wildlife (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc).

There are actually dealers who only sell cosplay stuff...*shrudders*

I'll be there, but you can find me at the Renaissance all 3 days playing EVERY VIDEO GAME TOURNEY POSSIBLE! and then maybe at late Sunday I'll be at the dealers room looking for some deals.

Mmm...Street Fighter Tourneys, always fun and cheap.

Beechy
05-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Canadian wildlife (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc).

best. link. so. far.

Nerroth
05-19-2009, 10:53 AM
I'll try to go for at least one day - probably Saturday.

Robimus
05-19-2009, 10:57 AM

OK, am I the only one that caught the Star Wars reference here:p

GMfan
05-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Nope ;) :P

Ninjatron
05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
TRANSFORMERS PANEL

SUNDAY 10 AM - HAMILTON ROOM

NINJATRON SAYS BE THERE OR ELSE.

Sayonara.

Cruellock
05-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I'll be there all weekend, leaving ads for my comic in random places.

Dark Rage
05-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Is anyone doing Robot cosplay?

I hope it doesn't go this far...or do I?

Super_Megatron
05-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Is anyone doing Robot cosplay?

I hope it doesn't go this far...or do I?

I was there for that, BotCon 2004 in Pasadena.

Beechy
05-21-2009, 04:20 PM
I wanna bring my paintball gun now....

Stormstrike
05-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey in Toronto, right now. Was wondering if anyone going to Anume North could do me a huge favor. I am looking for a ROTF Sideswipe and Depth Charge, Skidz I spent WAY TOO much time looking and navigating the buss system in the area. I was wondering if some one who knows where these can be found and can get them , could pick these up for me. We can arrange a meet up , I will reimburse you and then sum( for expenses ).

I will leave a message here when ( i hope ) some one responds.

Please PM if you can and we can make arrangements.

TY in advance.

Nerroth
05-24-2009, 08:44 PM
I was there on Saturday - and it wasn't too bad!

They had a really nice gallery of kimonos on display in a special area, all belonging to a lady who has collected them herself, and was even wearing one (in full makeup, too!) during the con.

Also, there were a number of artists, reps from other cons (including the TFCon I had been at last month) and stuff - as well as a pretty packed dealer room, where I had some trouble picking out stuff I really wanted.

But, even so, I got a couple of particular items:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Nerroth/AN09haul.jpg

(The coloured sketch in the middle was a commission by Alex at the con, here shown alongside two TF additions and the main guide for AN itself.)

Over in one of the other sites hosting the event, there were a lot of cosplayers, but only 2 Type-Moon-ers I could find - and of those, only one of the pics (of Saber (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Nerroth/Cosplay1.jpg), which I had to take on my phone) turned out non-blurry, unlike the pic of the Rin cosplayer I found.

There was a pretty nifty cosplay of a Tau Fire caste warrior (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Nerroth/Cosplay2.jpg), though! Ko'vash tau'va...

Also, I saw a roving Mio fan club, though I didn't spot any Mio cosplayers - though apparently there were a few around.

And the tofu steak at the J-staurant on the grounds was nice, too.

Panel-wise, I only got to one - as it happened, for fanfiction - but it wasn't quite what I might have hoped it to be, let's put it that way.

Overall, it was a fun enough event, and certainly better than the last time (back in 2007) - though I spent less time at actual panels, and still had a few issues regarding trying to meet new people, the balance was positive overall.

CobraCommander
05-24-2009, 10:38 PM
So was there any sweet deals on TF stuff there?

OK, am I the only one that caught the Star Wars reference here:p

:)

Nerroth
05-24-2009, 11:22 PM
For me, just a few bucks off the two deluxes, since i got them together - but that's alright.

Not sure about other stuff, but it probably wasn't quite the same as TFCon if you were Transformer-hunting, anyway.

Plus, the SG Rodimus art is worth every penny! I feel like I need to get it laminated or something, though...

Dark Rage
05-25-2009, 12:13 AM
This was my first AN, it was pretty fun. So much eye candy, but forbidden, lol.

Nerroth, was I talking to you about Gundam 00 in front of the Silver Snail deal table? I think I was there when you had that picture drawn.

Oh well, here's my AN haul:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j283/transformer_01/P1000496-1.jpg

Code of Honor
05-25-2009, 12:46 AM
It was fun and boring at the same time. I was able to get an Animated Ultra Magnus for $40 though, and made a few bucks as well.

soundwaveCA
05-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Pretty good weekend though I probably spent a bit more then I should have lol Still I went through some Ippo today and it's a pretty good show so far.

Made a bit of money though selling off some boxset's I don't watch anymore, mysteriously came up short $20 though on those.

Dark Rage
05-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Made a bit of money though selling off some boxset's I don't watch anymore, mysteriously came up short $20 though on those.

I'm sure it'll pop up soon man, don't worry ;)

I want to upload my pics from AN, anyone recommend any websites? I'm trying w/ Flickr, but all my pics are ~2MB large, I just want to reduce their size through an easy method either before uploading or after uploading them on the server. And Flickr only has a monthly limit of 63 MB? That blows.

GMfan
05-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Tinypic.com, just copy and paste the IMG link they give ya

CobraCommander
05-25-2009, 02:42 PM
imageshack.us is another freebie image hosting site... shesh how much forbidden images did you take :p

Dark Rage
05-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Around 50. Should I include that pic of GMfan101's stupefied look? lol

I most took pics of the gundam competition and robot cosplay.
I'm uploading it to photobucket, I like that they automatically rotate and re-size your pics.

Dark Rage
05-25-2009, 03:33 PM
I've got part of it up: http://s717.photobucket.com/albums/ww176/TheDarkRage/Anime%20North%202009/

last thumbnail is part of the Elmo Wrestling match. I can't upload the rest, my vid is over 500 MB, I need to decrease the video size to below 500 MB for photobucket to allow) but I'm not sure how to :(

Cruellock
05-29-2009, 12:32 AM
Anyone happen to get any pictures of me? I was the blue Dragon as seen in my avatar here. I'm going crazy trying to find some.