PDA

View Full Version : The Sabrina thread

JLvatron
04-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi folks! Sabrina has been part of the TransformersCon discussion for years, well before she was indirectly linked to Transformers.:cool:

This thread is for some of our big past Sabrina subjects and feel free to add new 1's.:)

JLvatron
04-25-2007, 10:12 PM
I finally managed to get across the border...basically because I needed cheap gas and 6.5 pounds of M&M's....
[-]
Did I also mention the 6.5 pounds of M&M's?
Ooo, I bought a bag of Halloween M&M's with some pumpkin prints this year, ...and I'll never forget the experience.
The print job was not consistant, and 2 of them just said "n", and quite clearly, too. Anyway, in an early Sabrina ep, she conjured up some junk food for Harvey but couldn't get brand names for copyright reasons. So she offered him a cola,
"Want some Popsi?"
...and some M&M's,
"Want some N & N's?"
So I got Sabrina's N & N's!!!! :D
Now I know what being Harvey feels like. 8)

JLvatron
04-25-2007, 10:15 PM
I got my M&M's in the US, but did not declare them as N&N's while re-entering our home and native land. I couldn't risk a Sabrina fan officer confiscating them.

Here's pics:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/JLvatron/TF_misc/Sabrina_NNs_1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/JLvatron/TF_misc/Sabrina_NNs_3.jpg

JLvatron
04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know any place that sells the original Disnay Gargoyles stuff?

Any collectible store in your area have any?

This explains your passion (justifiably so) for Sabrina N&N's, since Melissa Joan Hart introduced the world to Gargoyles: the Goliath Chronicles. 8)
Not that I'm trying to Sabrina-cize this thread :o . (hint! hint! :P )

JLvatron
04-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Saturday night after TransformersCon (2006), Dave-astator got the idea for this brilliant thread: 6 degrees of Sabrina!!! http://transformerscon.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pick an actor and try to find 6 actor work-links that lead to Melissa Joan Hart.

Dave's 1st pick on Saturday was Tom Cruise.

Here goes:
Cruise in Risky Business with Bronson Pinchot
'Cousin Balki' in Perfect Strangers with Jo Marie Payton
'Harriette' in Family Matters with guest Bumper Robinson
Bumper in Sabrina, the Teenage Witch with Melissa Joan Hart

Try these tough 6 Degree-ers:
-Peter Cullen
-Michael J.Fox
-Kirsten Dunst
-Sean Connery
-Kristen Bell

JLvatron
04-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Dave-astator wrote:

Hey, last weekend in Toronto I cruised square-1 mall and saw a large YTV vertical ad for Sabrina!
It was so cool, and I musta passed it 3 times! :)
This calls for some N&N's. 8)

You should've yoinked it for me....I'd get you some N&N's for it.

JLvatron
04-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Here's a recent 1 from March 20, 2007!

JLvatron + Sabrina= BotCon Destiny! And here's the proof:

I arrived in Boston yesterday and drove down to Mansfield on I-95 South; in the direction of Providence, RI. Providence, is of course, the location of the upcoming BotCon 2007 (and keep in mind providence means fate, destiny, kismet). http://transformerscon.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif
So I pass an exit for Salem, Massachussettes when I realize Sabrina the Teenage Witch (with Salem) took place in the Boston area.

Shortly after, I set my cruise control and the panel reads "Cruise Engaged". ...Engaged!! http://transformerscon.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

This obviously means Sabrina and I will be engaged! http://transformerscon.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
It's our destiny, aka providence! And therefore at BotCon!! Everybody rejoice!

jourdo
04-25-2007, 11:47 PM
I believe I speak for myself when I say... huh?

Team Jetfire
04-26-2007, 01:03 AM
This could be the very first locked thread on this site...

Good job...

Cruellock
04-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Wow... Just... Wow...

Tech Spec
04-26-2007, 02:28 AM
WTF?

noodle
04-26-2007, 02:31 AM
so very confused.

Tech Spec
04-26-2007, 03:45 AM
your tellin' me my head hurts

JLvatron
04-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I believe I speak for myself when I say... huh?

The former TransformersCon forums are closing, sorry if you didn't know. With this info, you can re-read teh 1st post to understand this thread.:cool:

JLvatron
04-26-2007, 09:04 AM
your tellin' me my head hurts

I suggest 2 aspirins.

...or N&N's. :D

jourdo
04-26-2007, 01:30 PM
The former TransformersCon forums are closing, sorry if you didn't know. With this info, you can re-read teh 1st post to understand this thread.:cool:

Ah, I see. I've re-read that first post, but I must stand by my first response with a good ol' "huh???"

Maybe if you enlightened us as to some of the background here. Not all of us were on the TFcon boards.

Nightscrabbler
04-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Ummm, allow me. Basically JLvatron has some kind of obsession with Sabrina :The Teenage Witch. And he likes to draw parallels to it in any way possible. That and Deep Space Nine. And Sliders. And Zixx. And System Crash. And the nWo.

Give it time, you'll catch on.

Team Jetfire
04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
But why Sabrina?

It ended like 5 years ago, and was terrible...

noodle
04-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Terrible it was, and the actress had a very noticeable lazy eye...probably from all the magic use...trying to make the show good...yeah.

Cruellock
04-26-2007, 06:57 PM
System Crash? Now there's a TV show I haven't heard of in a very long time.

noodle
04-26-2007, 07:07 PM
system crash? the one that use to be one YTV right?
i think it was about a radio talkshow? right? right?

Tech Spec
04-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Sabrina the Teenage Witch? despite the lazy eye, i'd hit it :D

noodle
04-26-2007, 11:58 PM
but the lazy eye! the eye! eugh...

TestDrive
04-27-2007, 07:05 PM
In before the lock?:p

Tech Spec
04-27-2007, 09:43 PM
but the lazy eye! the eye! eugh...

I will stay in the direction of the lazy eye so it doesn't look as bad :cool:

JLvatron
04-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Hey Dave-astator!
It was awesome talking all the Sabrina with you this weekend. It just wouldn't a bin TransformersCon without our discussions!:D

p.s. She so wanted me.:p

Dave-astator
04-30-2007, 12:02 PM
It was fun! But I do still have to correct you....she sooooo wanted me.

JLvatron
05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
It was fun! But I do still have to correct you....she sooooo wanted me.

I just rewatched that episode last night! So funny when they're boxing and Quizmaster punches Sabrina out!:D

Dave-astator
05-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Still having fond memories of that black dress and even the yellow one....the yellow one when Sabrina was wearing it...

Xalticus
05-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Actually she was just talking to you guys to stall, as she was really looking for me, as she sooo wanted me, but I was sick.:(

Dave-astator
05-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Actually she was just talking to you guys to stall, as she was really looking for me, as she sooo wanted me, but I was sick.:(

Actually, she did mention that to me....but the way she said it, it sounded more like she was SICK of you.
That's why she was hanging out with me. :)

JLvatron
05-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Actually, she did mention that to me....but the way she said it, it sounded more like she was SICK of you.
That's why she was hanging out with me. :)

HAHAAHHHH!!!:D
Either way, if you're sick I prescribe eating N&N's and call me in the morning.:p

Team Jetfire
05-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I understand that it has been explained in depth, but I still do not get this thread.

Super_Megatron
05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I understand that it has been explained in depth, but I still do not get this thread.

Don't try to, it will make your head implode.

JLvatron
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM

No problem. All you need to understand is that

...she soo wanted me.:cool:

Dave-astator
05-02-2007, 10:22 PM

Don't understand Sabrina = banned

jourdo
05-03-2007, 12:38 AM

Think of it like Cybertron.ca's answer to the Fuzzy... only less spam... an odd focus on Sabrina... and... I'm sorry. I've got nothing here.

noodle
05-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Do you guys remember the episode where Sabrina magically makes pancakes for Salem and herself, then becomes addicted to it. Well I had pancakes last week so I guess she wants me the most... how does that make sense? cause it does. its the magic... of the lazy eye.

JLvatron
05-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Still having fond memories of that black dress and even the yellow one....the yellow one when Sabrina was wearing it...

I'm glad you specified vs. when the Quizmaster was wearing it!!:D

JLvatron
06-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Good news!:)

I got an M&M's Transformers ROTF pack, being the new peanut butter & jam flavour.
...and 1 of the m's was printed as an 'n' !! :eek:

As you all know, Sabrina the Teenage Witch featured the bootleg candy N&N's, and now Transformers M&M's have them! :)

Transformers & Sabrina were already linked when Sabrina actress Tara Strong voiced the character Sari on TF Animated.
So this just further strengthens the Sabrina-Transformers bond! :)

Rejoice, ye all!! :cool:

CobraCommander
06-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Pic?

EDIT: Always wondered what that was in your sig :p

jourdo
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
2 years later and this still applies...

:confused::confused::confused:

JLvatron
06-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Pic?

EDIT: Always wondered what that was in your sig :p

Hee-hee!
Why yes indeed, it's a N&N! :)

The 1 in my sig is from peanut m&m's, whose non-perfect shapes make them susceptible to incomplete 'm' prints.

Coolly, the new Transformers peanut butter & jam flavour has the M&M's perfect circles like the chocolate kind. And I STILL got an N!!! :eek:

Coincidence? ;)

JLvatron
06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
2 years later and this still applies...

:confused::confused::confused:

3 questions for ya:

-Have you heard of Sabrina the Teenage Witch?
-Have you heard of a cartoon called Transformers Animated?
-Have you heard of a chocolate candy called M&M's?

If the answers to most is 'yes', then you are fully capable of understanding the good news! :cool:

So Congratulations! :)

Icetron
06-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Burn the witch!?

Team Jetfire
06-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Whoa time warp. Can't belive it has been two years.

It is like we MAGICALLY jumped forward in time...like Sabrina would have done.

(Am I getting it yet?) :D

jjwankenobi
06-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Transformers & Sabrina were already linked when Sabrina actress Tara Strong voiced the character Sari on TF Animated.
So this just further strengthens the Sabrina-Transformers bond! :)

Rejoice, ye all!! :cool:

One might also argue that by recently losing tons of weight milfy M J-H might be just as hot as Megan Fox, thereby sexily strenghtening the Sabrina/TF bond...

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2009/05/93692/400_mjhart_kgosselin_people_090527.jpg

Beechy
06-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Who dug this thread up?

JLvatron
06-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Whoa time warp. Can't belive it has been two years.

It is like we MAGICALLY jumped forward in time...like Sabrina would have done.

(Am I getting it yet?) :D

Haha! Yes, you must be right, Sabrina musta used her magic! :)

Hey Sabrina, after the N&N's, I'll have a Shnickers and a Popsi please. :D

Bruticus82
06-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm getting a strange craving for N&N's...

Nightscrabbler
06-16-2009, 09:55 PM
I caught an episode of Sabrina last week. Wow, the last couple seasons with her in college were atrocious, but I guess this is what producers thought would keep the series fresh and popular with young people. In some 90s sitcoms you'd have randomly inserted special guests that the main characters just happen to meet. In this case, it was Hanson, and the whole cast would attend a 'charity' concert at the end of the episode to enjoy their Mmmbop stylings.

jjwankenobi
06-17-2009, 02:02 AM
In some 90s sitcoms you'd have randomly inserted special guests that the main characters just happen to meet. In this case, it was Hanson, and the whole cast would attend a 'charity' concert at the end of the episode to enjoy their Mmmbop stylings.
IMHO, the weirdest guest appearance on Sabrina was The Violent Femmes.

I loved The Femmes back in the '80s/early '90s but seeing them on primetime TV made me cringe.

Oddly enough, they never touched on the fact that The Femmes and Jeffrey Dahmer were from the same city...

JLvatron
09-30-2009, 10:28 AM
So I found out Melissa Joan Hart is on Dancing with the Fools, i mean Stars.
As big a Sabrina fan I am, I will NOT stoop so low as to actually watch the show. :mad:

...however, I am not above asking "How is it?" ;)

Beechy
09-30-2009, 03:30 PM
watchable.

JLvatron
09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Does it seem Sabrina-ish? Does it make a difference that she or any other actor is on, or is it always the same level of entertainment, regardless?

JLvatron
09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
IMHO, the weirdest guest appearance on Sabrina was The Violent Femmes.

I loved The Femmes back in the '80s/early '90s but seeing them on primetime TV made me cringe.

Oddly enough, they never touched on the fact that The Femmes and Jeffrey Dahmer were from the same city...

Who is Jeffrey Dahmer?

Team Jetfire
09-30-2009, 06:35 PM
As big a Sabrina fan I am, I will NOT stoop so low as to actually watch the show. :mad:

I am dissapointed with you JLvatron. I heard about this weeks ago, but failed to mention becuase I thought you would know...tisk, tisk. :P

Here is a crappy youtube of one of her dances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-2mNEl9inU

I don't watch the show myself so I couldn't tell is she acts Sabrina-y. But she looks pretty great.

OneShallFall
09-30-2009, 08:30 PM

<----watched it for the first and only time the other day b/c Chuck Liddel is on it. LMFAO @ A MMA fighter on dancing with the stars.

They should call it "Dancing with People you MIGHT have heard of".

JLvatron
10-01-2009, 12:26 PM
I am dissapointed with you JLvatron. I heard about this weeks ago, but failed to mention becuase I thought you would know...tisk, tisk. :P

I don't watch the show myself so I couldn't tell is she acts Sabrina-y. But she looks pretty great.

I apologize for the disappointment.
Maybe I'll view the link when it aint firewalled (at work)

<----watched it for the first and only time the other day b/c Chuck Liddel is on it. LMFAO @ A MMA fighter on dancing with the stars.

They should call it "Dancing with People you MIGHT have heard of".

TeeHee-ous!! :D:D

JLvatron
10-01-2009, 12:34 PM

HAHA, I was able to view it at work, afterall! :p

It was so funny the way it started so dramatically like it were a play. You see? Mel-Jo is a method actor. :cool:

The dancing was, well... , it was dancing, so quite skippable :confused:. I was interested in her speaking afterwords, but the video sound was weak. Still, thanks for the link dude!:)

As for if it was Sabrina-ish, possibly because of her "Cinderella at the ball" type of outfit.
But it woulda bin a heckuva lot Sabrina-er if she had been dancing with Harvey! :D

JLvatron
11-16-2009, 05:28 PM
I saw an ad for Dancing with the Stars and they didn't mention Mel-Jo.

Was she eliminated? If so, how was her losing speech? :D

BeeBoy29
11-16-2009, 05:59 PM
haha jlvatron u see this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTWAcSaBfJw
he destroyed her man XD LOL

astrana
11-16-2009, 06:25 PM
wtf is sabrina? is that the sabrina teenage witch thing?

JLvatron
11-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Awesome man! Thanks so much for the link!:)

Kimmel Sabrina-cised the interview, Nice! And she willingly used the word "Be-dazzled", great sport!

Mel-Jo was really picking on him! Heh, she was partly funny; see her big fake laugh half-way through? :D

From the sounds of it, she didn't have a pity-losing speech, which is admirable.:cool:

BeeBoy29
11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Awesome man! Thanks so much for the link!:)

Kimmel Sabrina-cised the interview, Nice! And she willingly used the word "Be-dazzled", great sport!

Mel-Jo was really picking on him! Heh, she was partly funny; see her big fake laugh half-way through? :D

From the sounds of it, she didn't have a pity-losing speech, which is admirable.:cool:

LOL yeah man xD

JLvatron
03-21-2018, 04:23 PM
Sabrina the Teenage Witch is having a revival!!! :) (just like this thread, lol)

...Not with Melissa Joan Hart, but still.

So the recent Netflix show 'Riverdale' is apparently successful enough for a spin off. And since Sabrina is the 2nd biggest Archie comics title, they've chosen her.
Of course 'Riverdale' is not a light witty comedy, but a dark teen murder-mystery drama; and the new Sabrina will also be set in this universe/style.

To prepare, I've almost watched the entire Riverdale series (currently in its 2nd season). It's not as bad as it looks; most episodes I've sat through without fast-forwarding! :D

And the parents are played by popular 80's/90's actors like Robin Givens & Luke Perry. Actually, he's pretty good! :D

I'm guessing the new Sabrina show will premier in September.