PDA

View Full Version : Tfcon $5 Off Coupon Issues

Tekkamanraiden
05-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Well I went to use my Tfcon $5 coupon at Toys R Us today. Wow that was a headache. I completely confused the poor cashier and she had to consult with the manager several times.

At I first was told is was only advertisement about Tfcon. Then I was told I need the coupon from the con. The I was told I needed a different coupon from the con. I just ended telling her to forget it as I needed to get going.

Anyone else have any issues?

GMfan
05-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Did you get the bar code sticker for the coupon at the show?

Tekkamanraiden
05-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes I did. They actually had to peel it off to read what it said underneath.

Bruticus82
05-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I had to explain the terms (I already posted in the suggestions thread that we not have the terms under the sticker). She had to check with the manager, but she said that was because sometimes when they scan coupons it crashes the computer so some they have to enter manually. She came back and scanned it, no problems, $5 discount.

I went back today, told him about the coupon terms, he just scanned it and it came up, didn't check with the manager or anything. He even let me use 3 on the same purchase (it was over $60).

GMfan
05-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Well that's unfortunate. It's really the stores fault, I would have taken it else where

Tekkamanraiden
05-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah unfortunately the next closest Toys R Us for me is in Sarnia (I'm in London). It wasn't a big deal as I got the items I wanted on sale anyways. What annoyed me were the excuses and the managers unwillingness to get off his butt and deal with me directly. Oh well, I might go back tomorrow and be a bigger pain.

Bruticus82
05-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Honestly, if you can get them to scan it, it should apply the discount. Just get them to try it. :-p

Rogue_Optimus
05-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I had no problems using the coupons. I thought I would have seeing that the sticker covered anything mentioning TRU but the cashier scanned it and it worked.

Nerroth
05-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Out of curiousity, was the coupon only for people who had weekend tickets, or something?

Bruticus82
05-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Out of curiousity, was the coupon only for people who had weekend tickets, or something?

I thought it was for anyone, but you had to find the coupons. I wandered out of the dealer room and asked someone at the registration table around 11 am, and they pointed me to the right person. But I must have missed them when I was first registering.

They expire on the 11th. They provide you with $5 off when you spend $19.99 or more before taxes.

Nerroth
05-09-2009, 02:30 PM
I didn't see - or know of - any while I was at TFCon...

...oh well.

beefy1
05-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I tried at the windsor TRU...it came back as G6 when scanned and the manager had no idea what it was so I gave up. Oh well..

Stormrave
05-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I had the same problem. The store manager said they can't accept the coupon without calling a higher-level store for an explanation and permission. After waiting for an hour in store they said they'd hold the toys and call me when they had clearance to sell them to me with the discount. That was last week. Still no word.

Bruticus82
05-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Hmm, sorry to hear other people are having these problems. :-(

Sounds like TRU has some issues...not sure why it works at some stores and not others.

Stormrave, hope you get the discount! Call them back, bug them, maybe they'll just give up and sell them to you.