PDA

View Full Version : 2010 exclusive?

Nerroth
04-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi.

It's, well, quite some time before the next TFCon, surprisingly enough - but when it comes to organising some elements of it, perhaps it's never too soon to ask.

Well, that's my excuse, anyway!

What I wanted to ask was whether or not it was ok for those of us who may or may not have requests regarding what, if any, exclusive figure might be considered for TFCon 2010 - or indeed if x or y idea was plausible in the first place.

For my part, I had two requests, both related to upcoming FansProject... well... projects, and laced with the assumption (or, well, hope really) that either could be made ready by next April.

One request was for consideration to be given for a goatee-packing Shattered Glass re-deco of the upcoming Protector set - in a similar black-and-purple scheme that the evil Rodimus (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/exclusives/rodimus/1494/) has (and that the Gentei Wildrider (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/2/29/Wildrider_gentei.jpg) isn't too far off from having) - and perhaps called something suitably opposite to its 'normal' name...

...like, say, Despoiler.

However, I appreciate that such a kit might depend on having a dark-coloured Rodimus re-deco, but there are those who have put other coloured cabs into various Commander trailer sets.

(Indeed, would Hasbro be willing to do a second run of SG Rodimus figures to match, or would the BotCon organisers nix that idea?)

That said, if this option wasn't viable for TFCon, perhaps another upcoming FP figure could be so altered.

If the Defender (Springer) figure is ready in time, could a SG-esque 'Invader' version, perhaps in Astrotrain or Blitzwing's colour scheme, be an option instead?

Or do you have a better idea?

Beechy
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Really? right now us Staffers are catching up on sleep.....

Super_Megatron
04-28-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't see us doing anything involving Shattered Glass, that's a storyline that belongs to another convention. And the Gentei Wildrider is a little too exclusive to make work IMO although I must admit I thought of the same thing when I saw that design.

Pascal
04-28-2009, 04:09 PM
A gun for Legends Wheelie will do. :p

Code of Honor
04-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I have so many ideas running through my head, and I'm sure so do many of the other staff members.

Beechy
04-28-2009, 04:17 PM
But they involve Dak mostly....

General Tekno
04-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Hmmmm. Well, FansProject is doing that Glacialbot combiner... for some reason, the very idea of ice-themed robots fits Canada.

Maybe a 'con exclusive of some of those figures?

Or a tongue-in-cheek redeco of Broadside as a Canadian army ship... the idea being that our vehicles were so antiquated the government decided to create a hybrid triplechanger to replace our planes/ships. Maybe do an Avro Arrow homage in plane mode with the colors, and joke that the project got cancelled after 500 (assuming that's the number produced) got manufactured, in the vein of the Arrow's history.

jourdo
04-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Or a tongue-in-cheek redeco of Broadside as a Canadian army ship... the idea being that our vehicles were so antiquated the government decided to create a hybrid triplechanger to replace our planes/ships. Maybe do an Avro Arrow homage in plane mode with the colors, and joke that the project got cancelled after 500 (assuming that's the number produced) got manufactured, in the vein of the Arrow's history.

I like the back story on that one.

Nerroth
04-28-2009, 05:19 PM
I thought that the background stuff from any licenced source all went back to Hasbro/TakaraTomy's central IP hub, and was not limited to any one sub-group to use or not...

(For example, the concept of universal stream designators was introduced via the TransTech fics, but that didn't stop TakaraTomy from using that system for Alternity - and thus implying that the TransTechs must therefore be aware of these other dimension-hopping beings, in order to have catalogued the Alternity's home reality so...)

And in any event, one could imagine a 'Despoiler' or 'Invader' being treated as circuitously, brand- or fiction-wise, as Powered Commander has been - and thus, one could in theory have enough room to manouvre regarding whether one considers the actual fig to be a SG-verse Cybertronian, some kind of evil clone in a non-inverted timeline, or something else entirely.

(An answer that could depend on which Reprolabel faction logos, if any, one decides to put on the figure, perhaps.)

Nightscrabbler
04-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Maybe it could be <revenge of the fallen>Movie Jetfire armor for Masterpiece Prime</spoilers>.

GobotFreak
04-28-2009, 06:03 PM
How about an exclusive to create a custom transformer from a gobot? Or a Gobot exclusive :)

GMfan
04-28-2009, 06:05 PM
What's Gobots? :P

Nightscrabbler
04-28-2009, 06:18 PM
That's cool. Staff once pondered an idea of a TFcon mascot and the Avro Arrow was one of the ideas on the table.

Rogue_Optimus
04-28-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm kinda hoping you guys can convince fansproject to come up with a megs gun and matrix for TF classics. After talking to them, they said that there were no plans on mass producing them.

jjwankenobi
04-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I hope TFCON continues their relationship with FansProject for the next exclusive.

Perhaps another armour set to transform Classics Bumblebee into a larger, tougher Goldbug?

Vehicle mode could be a shell of some kind that would encapsulate Classics BB and make him larger rather than be another trailer.

It would certainly be a cool way to reference 09's Script Reading Prelude comic, 'Game Face' by JLvatron!

CobraCommander
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
What's Gobots? :P

This...
http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/Gobots/GunCapgunLoose3b.jpg

Beechy
04-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Guber had a red one.

Protoman
04-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Time will tell, that's all I can say, it goes without saying it's WAAYYY to early to be asking this. I mean, no one expects Botcon to have any info, wheather it be exclusives, location or guests less then 3 days after the con.

jjwankenobi
04-28-2009, 07:27 PM
This...
http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/Gobots/GunCapgunLoose3b.jpg

There's something actually obscene with this picture.

I'm sure there is an "insert in orifice" joke just waiting to be made...

hugh_da_man
04-28-2009, 07:28 PM
It'd be fairly epic if it could be something to do with the Hearts of Steel Prime or other characters that have been rumoured to be heading towards mass production.

I think it's pretty cool that TFCon gets the "fan made" companies to do the exclusives as it seems to make the con seem like it's even more for the fans.

brr-icy
04-28-2009, 07:54 PM
I think it's pretty cool that TFCon gets the "fan made" companies to do the exclusives as it seems to make the con seem like it's even more for the fans.

agreed, i haven't liked many of the botcon exclusives except 07's

Solscud007
04-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I have your answer for 2010 TFCON exclusive!!!

I say FP makes a reissue Classics Canada Prime trailer. You know what im talking about. G1 Canada Prime aka Pepsi prime!!!

I want to see the G3 trailer with Pepsi across the side. I know there is an issue of copyright infringement with pepsi. but that gives you a year to get the ok from Pepsi Canada.

brr-icy
04-28-2009, 08:09 PM
I have your answer for 2010 TFCON exclusive!!!

I say FP makes a reissue Classics Canada Prime trailer. You know what im talking about. G1 Canada Prime aka Pepsi prime!!!

I want to see the G3 trailer with Pepsi across the side. I know there is an issue of copyright infringement with pepsi. but that gives you a year to get the ok from Pepsi Canada.

i like your thinking

Super_Megatron
04-28-2009, 09:24 PM
I hope TFCON continues their relationship with FansProject for the next exclusive.

I think that's a pretty safe bet.

CobraCommander
04-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Well we've seen City Commander then came Shadow Commander and now we have Powered Commander... the only Commander I can think of that not yet been released by FansProject... COBRA COMMANDER!!!

I would also settle for a GIJoe Rise of Cobra movie that Transforms into a movie that doesn't suck :D

Serious note, how about a firetruck trailer for TFA Voyager Prime! :cool:

Unicrons_Domain
04-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Well because FansProjects Powered Convoy was such a great exclusive this year I would Love to see another repaint from them for TFcon 2010! Maybe an evil version of the classic rodimus upgrade with a black classic rodimus included...

I just love the FansProject Upgrades and cannot wait to see more of them.

Solscud007
04-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Ok first of all you guys need to come back down to reality. As of now there is NO WAY FP will have a toy come with their products. First of all they are not sanctioned by Hasbro. The only way that would be possible is if TFCON talks to Hasbro to get a Hasbro exclusive. But that has as much chance as a snowball in h-e-l-l.

The most we can expect is something independent, but friggin awesome from Fansproject