PDA

View Full Version : Pizza party after action report

Stormrave
04-27-2009, 12:07 PM
First up, I'd like to thank everyone who turned out and made the Pizza Party the most successful yet.

I'd particularly like to thank

UltraPrimal, for the delicious cake. Getting two flavours in one was a great idea.

Aernaroth and UltraPrimal for real coolers this year.

Devcon, my fellow Allspark moderator for letting me draft him into a career as a pizza server.

Phalanx, for being the organizational force behind the event.

I've got every hope of doing it again next year. On that note....

I also want to say thanks for your patience while I made change. Ever get that feeling you've forgotten something? That was me, forgetting to go to the bank for change the day before the con.

Also, I will be bringing more paper plates next year. This year, I brought about as many plates as I had preorders, not realizing that many of the preorders were for more than one person.

See you next year!

EnragedCoconut
04-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks for doing this every year. I know how hard organizing things can be.

Its a great way to kick off the convention and meet people in a good setting.

EC

Aernaroth
04-27-2009, 05:02 PM
"Never have so few given so much to feed so many for so little..." - Aernaroth Churchill

Seriously Stormrave, thanks once more for organizing this again this year. Its a great event from a socializing perspective as well as a "hey pizza is awesome and these prices are great" perspective.

And UltraPrimal, thanks for the amazing cake! It was great!

Protoman
04-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Fun was greatly had, without you, we would go hungry and die before the con even starts.

zuffyprime
04-27-2009, 10:57 PM
stormy, pizza party was awesome again this year, you and phal made another memorable night! can't wait for next year!

cannabisprime
04-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Agreed; thanks for organizing it Stormrave!

Quicky
04-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I just want to give my thanks to all those involved in organizing this. Even though we got there late...we still had fun. Thanks again.Next time though...ill be preordering more pizza....it went quick...:)

General Tekno
04-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Thank you VERY much for organizing it. The pizza was great, and the cake was as well.

Stormrave
04-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I just want to give my thanks to all those involved in organizing this. Even though we got there late...we still had fun. Thanks again.Next time though...ill be preordering more pizza....it went quick...:)

Quicky, in all honesty, I'm shocked at how fast it all went.

Every single preorder person picked up their pizza, which is something I really appreciate, not having to worry about how I was going to pay for it all.

This is the first year I wasn't eating leftover pizza for lunch the next day.

By the end of the party, I had to hide MY OWN PIZZA DINNER for fear of someone coming along and trying to buy it.

Phalanx ran next door for two extra cases of pop and those all sold too.

It was seriously awesome. I think having the games in the same room as the pizza really helped me get walk-in buyers and that was great.

Having a busy and popular and enjoyable event makes me feel that the hard work is worth it. :)

Quicky
04-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah...having the games with some pizza was fun...I had fun friday nite...too bad it's all come to an end...:)Then again...there's always next year...:)