PDA

View Full Version : How was your TFCon?

Nerroth
04-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi.

For some of us - per, perhaps, just myself - this year's TFCon experience is already over, and in my case, things turn to whether or not I can make it to Anime North next month.

However, whether your event has ended already, or still has another day left to run, how did it go for you overall?

For my part, it was a mixed bag - which makes it better than the other TFCon (back in 2007) I've been to.

On the one hand, it was neat to talk a little bit to Derrick Wyatt, to chat with the Hasbro reps, and bug the Fans Project guys about considering a Shattered Glass version of the Protector kit!

Also, I got to speak a little Japanese in the Ginko restaurant - which is always a good thing!

(Well, hopefully not too troubling for the person I was speaking with, of course.)

On the other hand, I didn't get much of a chance to chat with those few there who I already know, and was even less successful at introducing myself to others from these boards who were there.

Plus, the phone died on me, and the route home was rather more circuitous than I had expected it to be...

How was the event for you?

Bruticus82
04-25-2009, 10:02 PM
This was my first TFCon, and I really enjoyed meeting the few people from the boards that I did. Even if it was just a "Hi, I like your work, bye." I dunno, it still felt nice to me. I would have loved to be able to stay the whole day, watch the movie, meet more people, drunken antics at the bar afterwards, but alas that will have to wait until next year for me.

I didn't buy all that much, but I enjoyed searching through parts bins for deals, and I got a few that I considered good. :-) The dealer's room in general was pretty fun. The artists were phenomenal, including our own board members! I'm going to have to free up some place for artwork in the near future because it's awfully tempting.

Fansprojects guys were really nice, and it was great to see them there and talk to them about some of their upcoming projects (Superion limbs/guns, junkions, etc.).

Hearing Bumblebee swear was pretty funny. :-p

What else, the costume contest, the custom contest, they were all pretty awesome. Go Sideways - The original robot ninja motorcycle!

Thankfully this is my last year at University, so no more exams! Next year I'm determined to make the most of my time at TFCon (hopefully at least 2 if not all 3 days) and getting to know the rest of you crazy people. I'm even considering volunteering! :-o

Tekkamanraiden
04-25-2009, 10:19 PM
This was my first Tfcon, it was very enjoyable. I got my picture taken with Optimus Prime and picked up a 3 of the Universe figures I was looking for. Did discover that I was not allowed to park across the street at the Toronto Congress Centre. But then again parking was only $10 so it was no big deal. Looking forward to next year.

UltraMarknus
04-25-2009, 10:27 PM
I loved it. This is the first year I went with my daughter and it seems more and more theres more little ones there.. This is nice but I must say I held on to her pretty tight because sme people are in a TF daze and unaware of people around them heh.

One thing I missed was in the past there was a guy that sold just G1 parts. He had a whole list and gave good prices. He wasn't there this year though. I just needed a couple extra parts and I'm sorry I could not wait for a certain someone to stop talking about how he likes to run and watch 10 minute work out videos while people are standing there waiting to ask for items. One guy, dont know if he is a member of this board was just waiting for change for some USD he paid with. I felt bad for him and just walked away from the table in the hopes that if the crowd thins out this dealer would clue in that this guy just needs his freakin change!!!!

Sorry, rant over.

I was SUPER DUPER excited to see that FP is working on a Springer figure. This is 100% my dream come true. THANK YOU!

Oh and TFCon gave me the ability for this....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/miraitrunks/016-1.jpg

Zim
04-25-2009, 10:28 PM
I had the best time at a con I've had for some time. Got to meet some of the other customizers -Great folks all! Thanks for the advice and feedback. :)

Derrick Wyatt signed my custom Trailbreaker! That's a definite heirloom now!

Haul included the Impossible Toys TFA humans, Target Specials (guy in the foyer selling them for $25!), and some Lil'Formers drawings (support your favourite artists, people).

BeeBoy29
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
This was my first TFcon and it was cool because Vangelus was standed behind me in line for regestration, so i turned around and i was all like Hey arent you vangelus, and i love to watch your youtube vids. Yay i got evrything i wanted shame all the infernos sold out though, but no big i can always find one later. Now i cant wait for next year's convention :D
Plus i got to wear the bee helmet and his weapon :)

Mike
04-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I only have a few minutes before I have to leave for work, but I'll post a little bit here, and post again afterwards :)

first off, there was so many people I could hardly see anything lol, I was hoping to get a better look at a lot of things I had never seen before, but couldn't really, which was a real shame.

sooooo much stuff to look at, I really liked seeing Matt's (lil formers) table, he's a cool guy and his art rocks.

down_shift
04-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Well I've had a great time so far. I've got to put a lot to face to names. I spent WAY to much money.

I think the most exciting thing for me was not only seeing all the upcoming projects from FansProject but actually sitting down with them and doing an interview. They are doing what we all want to do. I can't wait to see Broadside, Wreck-Gar and Springer. Oh I'm sorry, my bad. ???, Collector and Defender.:p

I was also told of a few other up coming projects that I'm even more pumped over then Defender and I'm f'n excited for Defender.

I really like that they are trying to do a 80's style combiner too. I can't wait to see more!

Tomorrow should be a good time as well.

If anyone is curious as to how the interview went check it out here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/seibertron-exclusive-sit-down-interview-with-fansproject-pictures-included/15700/)

cannabisprime
04-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Well I've had a great time so far. I've got to put a lot to face to names. I spent WAY to much money.

My experience in a nutshell really. This year was was less about the toys (with the exception of Powered Commander) and more about just meeting up and hanging out with the peeps from the board. It's nice to see the usual suspects as well as to put some faces to the names too (Nemesis Predaking, chansformers, down_shift, teruo, Omega_Prime, brr-icy, vectorsigma_2, gobot master Steve, zuffyprime, JLvatron, Guber, sideswipe and a host of others I'm sure I've missed).

Dan Gilvezan was a hoot at the Q&A panel! He had a lot of interesting stories to tell definitely.

Definitely a great two days so far for TFCon.

brr-icy
04-26-2009, 01:43 AM
definitely agree with cannibisprime, this year was more about meeting up with the guys for me too, just seeing some people again, and meeting some others

Animelee
04-26-2009, 02:11 AM
This sums it all up in how awesome it was:

"Optimus, what the F^$%?"

cannabisprime
04-26-2009, 02:22 AM
This sums it all up in how awesome it was:

"Optimus, what the F^$%?"

LOL... or the following "Oh, sure. Clap now that I dropped the F-bomb!"

FreedomGundam
04-26-2009, 02:37 AM
I had lots of fun at TFCon this year, though I'm still going back to the Sunday events.

Haul-wise, it's rather minimal this year, but then again, I wasn't looking for much. It was mostly to chill with the people there, and I got to meet and/or hang out with a whole lot of guys (cannabisprime [well, ok, he almost doesn't count, since I'm typing this on my laptop in his basement right now], CobraCommander, Dark_Rage, chansformers, Nemesis Predaking, plowking, GMFan101, JLvatron, Guber, Protoman, brr-icy, vectorsigma_2, among others).

Mike
04-26-2009, 08:16 AM
So anyways

This was the first convention I've ever been to, not really what I was expecting, but still cool none the less. I didn't really know anyone. I reconized Super Megatron from pictures I've seen online, but that was it, and he looked busy workin, so I didn't bother him.

There was a lot of people though, my sister and I got there at 9:30am saturday morning, and we got a little lost trying to find it in the hotel, there was no signs or anything lol, so we just wandered around for about 10 minutes. I finally went through the double doors there and saw a line up, and thought, that must be it! (Still no signs :p)

I got a free comic book, that was sweet, and then headed out to check Hasbro's table. The new prime looks cool, a lot better then in pictures. My sister wants a bumblebee helmet haha.

The dealer room was nuts, sooo many people, I was really hoping to check out a lot of toys I had never seen before, but couldn't really, it was hard just to get to the tables, let alone really examine anything. Plus a lot of stuff were in baggies, I didn't even know what half of them were, except for ones I've seen in pictures online.

The MIB Fort Maxes were cool though, I never knew he was THAT big, and the box is enourmous! I knew he was two feet tall, but untill you actually see it, you don't get a feel for just how big he is.

I bought some RID toys, and a couple Beast Wars, and my sister got a Clark Kent, and a silver Autobot decal for her car. I wanted some encore and bookstyle re-issues, but there weren't many that I could find, and the TFC Hound I thought was too expensive, so I just saved my money.

I only stayed for about an hour, then we decided to check out other things in Toronto, like sitting under the run way at the airport while the planes land, that was sweet!! Then we took off to the Oshawa center, and home :)

Fun time, I'll probably go next year too!

Did discover that I was not allowed to park across the street at the Toronto Congress Centre.

really? we parked there. There were two girls standing guard or whatever, and we just drove past them, pulled into the left parking lot, parked and walked by them without saying anything to each other lol

Dangard Ace
04-26-2009, 12:18 PM
This was my first Tfcon, it was very enjoyable. I got my picture taken with Optimus Prime and picked up a 3 of the Universe figures I was looking for. Did discover that I was not allowed to park across the street at the Toronto Congress Centre. But then again parking was only $10 so it was no big deal. Looking forward to next year.

i'm assuming you asked the teenagers for directions?
Next time just pull in to the Congress drive, turn left, park and walk out. Unless they're security, which is almost never(99%) in all the time I've been to the Congress for outlet sales, it's not really worth their time to chase you down.

and yes I parked at the Congress parking lot. No hassles from the kids.

Hilights: Got to meet up with some of the guys I did trades with before. Some buddies from the US. Talked with members at the parts party. Didn't find what I was looking for but got a few other cool stuff. Bumblebee swearing(got an mp3 of that. ha!)

Galvatron007
04-26-2009, 01:26 PM
It was awesome! First time being there and I loved it. I was in and out both Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to meet anyone as I was very rushed both days. I mainly did some purchasing.

Those people I did get to talk to were great though. I can't wait until next years - I will make sure to stay in the hotel for the full three days!

I just wish I was able to pick up a Classics Ramjet before they were all gone :-(

Big Filipino
04-26-2009, 06:55 PM
This was my first TFcon and I was impressed by all the activities and just the overall set up. I'm hoping to make this an annual trip.

My only request to the TFCon planners: Please please please PLEASE keep getting wicked exclusives like you did this year. You've set a high bar with the Powered Commander but nothing that can't be matched year after year. Kudos on a job well done!!!

plowking
04-26-2009, 07:17 PM
It was AWESOME!!

The Exclusive was kick-ass-sweet

The best part?....Was meeting all you guys. I had a blast. I really did. It was my first Con ever, and it will NOT be my last!!

Looking forward to doing it again next year!!!

TFCon 2010!! WOOT!!

Domercon
04-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Well I went to the 80s toy show today...next best thing to the con :D It was awesome..I did not buy any Tfs...but I did buy 2 posters (1 from Lil Formers and 1 from Alex both signed) and the best part was I was able to get my Mighty Mugg Bublebee signed by the original Bumblebee (great guy by the way) :)

Check it out :)

He even added "G1 BB"

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9153/017cxd.th.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=017cxd.jpg)

UltraMagnus69
04-26-2009, 09:06 PM
All I want to know is when the next show is .... :)

met some great people this weekend and the panels were so much fun. I just want to thank all the volunteers and helpers this weekend that busted their butts off and probably went on no sleep to make this Con the best one ever!

diablo
04-26-2009, 09:19 PM
First time poster, though I've been a member over at tfw2005 for some time.

This year's tfcon was lots of fun.

I recently got back into collecting after a long time away (was in school and couldn't afford money on TFs). I love the exclusive, had a chance to say hi to the folks from Fansproject, and met Frenzy_Rumble whose customs are absolutely fantastic.

I will definitely go again next year! Thanks to the organizers for a great convention.

Quantum
04-26-2009, 09:32 PM
I just wish I was able to pick up a Classics Ramjet before they were all gone :-(

I've got two if for sale ($20 apiece). Pm me if you're interested.

On a Con note, it was my funnest year yet. I volunteered this year, got to get to know a ton of people from the boards, got some cool stuff (crossed a bunch of stuff off my want list), met a bunch of super-cool people, did the drawing class (Thanks guys!). Just had a blast. Can't wait for next year!

Sureshot22
04-26-2009, 10:02 PM
had a blast like last year.
great hauls. spent way more money then i should. (someone needs to tell that visa guy to stop fronting me money) lol

met alot of great people and saw some buddies i knew from before. (looks up) hiya stef =P

the custom class was a hoot.
that dak guy is a total dooch. lol just kidding buddy. was awesome. but next time give us a sideswipe also cause white paint SUCKS!! lol

sat next to motormaster, jourdo and lol damnit forgot his name again. (sorry man) was hilarious. non stop laughs.
the 1 hour time slotted class ended up being closer to 4 hours lolol.

i'll for sure sign up for it next year again. lol poor poor sunstreakers got blasphemized lol.

dak post the screens for R.E.V., i still need to put the striping on him :)

but yep best part was meeting all the people i hadden't yet and seeing all the ones i had,

Cheers Ian
04-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Here's my thoughts on TFcon this year.

I got there about 10:15, mostly because I hate waiting in lines. It's nothing against TFcon, I just hate lines in general, it's a personal quirk. There was no line so that was AWESOME.

I got in the dealer room by 10:20 and it was absolutely INSANE. I could barely even get close to most of the tables. I think it's the busiest TFcon yet, you really had to fight to get close to the tables.

Some dealers were really cool and were willing to bargain, and typically of a convention/toy show some dealers had themselves priced WAY out of wack ($30 for an incomplete common Rock Lord? I don't think so)

I was able to score some GREAT deals, some on TF's, but mostly on non TF's. The table with the $4 Neca/Mezco/McFarlane stuff rocked!!

I was kinda suprised that I couldn't find certain TF's, I didn't see one RID Megatron, but there really wasn't a large focus on the non G1 stuff/New releases.

Also, I was in the market for a Razorbeast, and the only loose one I managed to find was in a junker bin (missing a beast leg, but other than that pristine shape with very tight joints) but it was only $2 so that rocked.

I only stayed for the two panels with Derrick Wyatt and Dan Gilvezan both of which were excellent, except for a few people asking really irrelevant questions. I gotta say that both Derrick and Dan are awesome guys and Derrick is really a HUGE transformers fan.

Just judging from Derrick's panel, I have a feeling that Transformers Animated isn't dead just quite yet.

I got to meet some of the guys from the board which was awesome to put a face with the names.

Plus I won a door prize. Kick Ass!

Looking forward to next year!

Cheers!
-Ian

evil_ivotron
04-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Good job, excellent time and one great exclusive....

Darth Grimlock
04-26-2009, 11:48 PM
This was my first TFCon like many others but it will not be my last. I had a blast meeting lots of people through out the weekend and plan on keeping in touch.

Seth and Rob, it was a pleasure hanging with both of you. Great times and I'll have those pics ready tomorrow night when I get back to Windsor.

The thing I enjoyed just as much as meeting people was seeing what Fans Project had instore for us and the sneak preview in the "comic" in the Power Commander set. Springer and Rodimus are going to be off the charts when these upgrades hit!!!!

jourdo
04-27-2009, 12:01 AM
First TFcon... hell first real con of any type. I really enjoyed my time down here. I'm still bummed that I missed the Friday night events and hope to correct that next time. Also, I hope to plan better and actually get to stay in the Convention hotel. Those are my only two regrets.

First off, the exclusive is damn awesome (and has set a bar for you guys in the future)... well worth the price of admission alone.

I learned a valuable lesson when in the dealer room. If you find something you want, DO NOT think too long about it as it will likely be gone when you make your second pass. I lost out on a few things that way... but more than made up for it with other purchases.

EDIT: Forgot about Fansprojects! These guys are so awesome to talk to and see what they have planned for the future. Bring on Defender!!!

The panels/guests were good for the most part. Derrick Wyatt was awesome! You can tell he is a fan of the series, and the fact he works on Transformers is just icing on the cake. I wish I had remembered to bring the stuff I wanted to get signed. :( I was hoping to see more from the Hasbro presentation, but the guy did try and answer some of the questions presented to him... too bad about the billion degree temperatures in the panel room though (not sure why it took the hotel so long to get that fixed). Watching Bumblebee's voice come out of Dan Gilvezan was just wierd... and hearing BB say "WTF Optimus" was funny as hell (BTW, if anyone has that sound clip... I need a new ringtone ;)). The customization panel was really well done... It was cool to listen to Nemesis Predaking and chansformers just shoot the shit and talk about what they do and how they do it. That was a great way to run that panel dak.

Meeting the people from the boards was really cool. It is nice to put some faces to the names finally.

the custom class was a hoot. that dak guy is a total dooch. lol just kidding buddy. was awesome. but next time give us a sideswipe also cause white paint SUCKS!! lol

sat next to motormaster, jourdo and lol damnit forgot his name again. (sorry man) was hilarious. non stop laughs.
the 1 hour time slotted class ended up being closer to 4 hours lolol.

Definitely a highlight for me. I didn't mind that this went WAY overtime at all. I did feel bad that those running it felt stressed about the overtime. It was super fun and dak was a good sport... or was he... maybe that is why he gave us all the white painting to do... hmmm. And yes... other guy... please post up your name (I forgot it as well). You and your supporting wife helped pass the time while picking on dak. I'm absolutely going to sign up for this again if I make it down. My interest in getting back into customizing has been reignited thanks to this.

My con cherry has officially been popped, and now I think I am its bitch. Hmmm... what else can I say, except I hope to see you all again next year!

Protoman
04-27-2009, 12:44 AM
I don't even know where to begin.

First off, thank you to everyone who gave me presents at the convention. Chans Formers for the amazing Rodimus Prime custom to gave me, CJ and Aernaroth for the amazing Jetman Sentai combiner Icarus and Cryos for the Swindler Micro.

Big thanks to everyone who came to my huge panel and laughed/cried at the shocks and joys of TF-Japan. Thanks to Derrick Wyatt and Vangelus for hanging out till the weeee hours of 5am talking about our beloved robots in disguise. I....... don't know what more to say, it was all so amazing, easily the best TFcon ever, and that's coming from staff.

I guess I will try not to forget anyone.

Dak - Amazing class bro, REV is super sweet.
GMfan - My other fellow roommate and staffer, without you there would be no laughs
Aeranroth - Without you, my panel would not be as awesome, you deserve all the credit.
CJ - All smiles, always awesomes, always helpful. Thanks for Jetman
Decepticon Army - Always my partner in crime at the con
Dark Rage - Finally got my Road King! (But not complete =( )
The Meemas! - 3 times the fun
Shan and The AV Guy - Making sense of the panel PC for me
Paradigm-Shift Prime - Grey, your always cool!

FairladyZ - It was my pleasure to meet someone who loves Rodimus as much as I do, thank you for the CD also.
Dark Renegade - Great meeting you bro, hope to chat again next year
Wayward - Always love your art honey, thanks for Rodimus
Artoni - Woot! Vector Prime! Loved it babe.
Quantum Prime - Thanks for the 2nd Kissplay Rodimus
Michelle - For being AWESOME and fun
Kat - For watching my stuff. LOL, just kidding your great too.

I hope I am not forgetting anyone, I met so many people who just shouted the name Protoman but didn't really introduce themselves. It was such a delight.

Man... I can go on and on, again thanks to everyone who came to my panel.

Nightscrabbler
04-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks to everyone who came and a big thanks to my fellow staff members who worked really hard. I have more to say, which I'll do when my internet connection is being more reliable.

Wayward
04-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Didn't get to go to any panels or such, since I'm parked behind a table, but I find the trade-off is that I get to chat to more people - they just walk up and talk robots to me! It is neat. ^_^ I will just assume that the panels were great. ;)

Didn't really get to talk to you staff folks due to my perpetual disorganisation, but the con looked good. Mostly dealt with the volunteers, me, and they were a friendly, helpful bunch. Good work all around. ^_^

Not a huge toy haul, but I don't tend to at TFCon. 'Course, there's not a whole lot I'm looking for, so that's all right. And one of my readers ( Lupis/Nax, don't know if he posts here or just reads my site or what ) got me an Armada Airazor, one of the figures I've been looking for for a while, so that was awesome ( if you post here, thanks again. ^_^ )

Bumblebee costume gal - kickin' outfit. You deserved the first place you won and I envy your skillz.

I'd mention everyone by name, but if you met me you know how bad I am at remembering them. If you worked the con or talked to me, assume you are fabulous. ;)

Solscud007
04-27-2009, 11:34 AM
I didnt get too see much of TFCON. I was busy shooting pics and then went out to Toronto with my girlfriend. Other than that it was great.

As many others have said, thanks to TFCON staff and Fansproject for making Powered Commander possible. I really like the little details that the TFCON staff provided. The decal sheet for PC and the little background story on the program.

I would just like to see a little more professionalism and authenticity in the materials. Such as the con badges were just xerox copies on normal printer paper. The program was made of the same material.

In terms of the customization class, it was a good first attempt. Although I could tell that the planning stage was a little short sighted. When I first saw that the class was only 1hr 30mins and only $25 I thought we would be customizing a small and easy toy like a legends or something small along those lines. The problem was that somewhere someone forgot to realize that the class can only go as fast as the slowest student attending the class.

Using brushes to paint the figures was a it over complicated. Perhaps next time, although it would require more planinng, we could just use krylon spray paint. it is faster and easier than brushing. However you need to consider where the class could be held to allow for spray painting. Fumes and overspray are major concerns.

Nightscrabbler
04-27-2009, 11:45 AM
That's some very useful feedback, Solscud. We will look at your suggestions.

Solscud007
04-27-2009, 11:53 AM
If it is a matter of cost. I have some possible ideas for the next TFCON, how you can get better looking badges that cant be jsut copied at your local Fedex/Kinkos for very low cost and high quality.

dak
04-27-2009, 12:30 PM
It was a first attempt, and I think as a first, it went well. All issues were noticed, and next year, things will change to hopefully correct those problems.

Nightscrabbler
04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
I say we just clone DAK.

dak
04-27-2009, 12:45 PM
hahaha

Dangard Ace
04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Since he's offering pick Solscud007's brain. He knows abit about these cons things.

teruo313
04-27-2009, 02:23 PM
This was my first TFcon and actually only my 3rd convention ever.

Went to the parts party (wasn't able to make the pizza dinner though) and got to meet a lot of nice people along with getting rid of a good number of figures.

Saturday I went with my girlfriend a little bit past the dealer opening time and unfortunately a number of the figures I had my eyes on were gone before I could get my hands on them. We left around 11 to grab lunch and came back an hour later for one last look around, but alas, I couldn't find anything I was looking for.

Sunday I went for a couple hours in the morning, talked to a few people one last time, walked around and still couldn't find anything of real interest to buy then left.

The only part I guess I was a little dissapointed with was the selection in the dealer room and or the prices that some dealers were charging. Other then that it was a great experience and I look forward to going next year.

Rogue_Optimus
04-27-2009, 03:39 PM
All I gotta say is that it was a helluva lot busier this year then the last 2 years of tfcon's I've been to. Didn't really find anything on my list and if I did, I waited too long to go back for them. Although I found myself in alot more panels this yr, still bummed that no detailed explanation about the kiss players was given in the japanese translation panel on Sun. ;)

Maybe a suggestion for next yr would be to allow the dealer room to open just a little longer after the last panel finishes to allow the attendees one last shot to go through the room?

BeeBoy29
04-27-2009, 03:57 PM

First off, thank you to everyone who gave me presents at the convention. Chans Formers for the amazing Rodimus Prime custom to gave me, CJ and Aernaroth for the amazing Jetman Sentai combiner Icarus and Cryos for the Swindler Micro.

Big thanks to everyone who came to my huge panel and laughed/cried at the shocks and joys of TF-Japan. Thanks to Derrick Wyatt and Vangelus for hanging out till the weeee hours of 5am talking about our beloved robots in disguise. I....... don't know what more to say, it was all so amazing, easily the best TFcon ever, and that's coming from staff.

I guess I will try not to forget anyone.

Dak - Amazing class bro, REV is super sweet.
GMfan - My other fellow roommate and staffer, without you there would be no laughs
Aeranroth - Without you, my panel would not be as awesome, you deserve all the credit.
CJ - All smiles, always awesomes, always helpful. Thanks for Jetman
Decepticon Army - Always my partner in crime at the con
Dark Rage - Finally got my Road King! (But not complete =( )
The Meemas! - 3 times the fun
Shan and The AV Guy - Making sense of the panel PC for me
Paradigm-Shift Prime - Grey, your always cool!

FairladyZ - It was my pleasure to meet someone who loves Rodimus as much as I do, thank you for the CD also.
Dark Renegade - Great meeting you bro, hope to chat again next year
Wayward - Always love your art honey, thanks for Rodimus
Artoni - Woot! Vector Prime! Loved it babe.
Quantum Prime - Thanks for the 2nd Kissplay Rodimus
Michelle - For being AWESOME and fun
Kat - For watching my stuff. LOL, just kidding your great too.

I hope I am not forgetting anyone, I met so many people who just shouted the name Protoman but didn't really introduce themselves. It was such a delight.

Man... I can go on and on, again thanks to everyone who came to my panel.

*Gasp* you forgot me :p

Protoman
04-27-2009, 03:59 PM
*Gasp* you forgot me :p

ACK! Sorry BeeBoy! Hope you love the Beast Cats =P TM1 was my favorite toy for the longest time during the original run of BW.

BeeBoy29
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
ACK! Sorry BeeBoy! Hope you love the Beast Cats =P TM1 was my favorite toy for the longest time during the original run of BW.

LOL thanx man the beast cats are spiffy :D ye he is a super cool toy specially with them rockets.

RHansen
04-27-2009, 04:24 PM

Big thanks to everyone who came to my huge panel and laughed/cried at the shocks and joys of TF-Japan. Thanks to Derrick Wyatt and Vangelus for hanging out till the weeee hours of 5am talking about our beloved robots in disguise.

*snip*

Pretty sure I was there till 5am too! Geeze

Protoman
04-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Pretty sure I was there till 5am too! Geeze

I really hope everyone who was not staff (and thus HAD to wake up at 7am that sunday) slept in like a pro.

Sting Rose
04-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh my God, where, where, oh where to beeeeegin? I could write an essay on why this was one of the very best weekends of my life.

Dealer room wise, I was a mite disappointed with the lack of sellers with t-shirts, but what can ya do? If they're not there, they're not there. I did get a nice Animated accessory set and human figurines, but I pretty much got most of my toy haul before the convention; I asked Artoni to buy a modest list of toys (Read: EVERYTHING) from the infamous Target sale. I'm looking at them right now, Primus above (or below), they're overflowing from a box--I could seriously run a toy store out of my room. I have no idea where I'm going to put them all.

It's awesome. XD

Here's hoping I don't care for the movie toys, because I think I have every toy (barring Waspinator, Samurai Prowl, and maybe Elite Guard Bumblebee) from Animated that I want (read: Just about everything from the damned line), and I'm not gonna buy anything else anytime soon.

I think what I loved best, and what seriously made this a much better convention than Botcon for me, was the sense of community among everybody. Yeah, Botcon might have more going for it in a tangible sense (more things in the dealer room, t-shirts for one, haha), but it's not as enjoyable if you haven't very many (cool) people to share it with--at least for me. I met a ton of awesome people, the staff and other volunteers were amazing to hang out with, talk and listen to. I'm still in awe that a Con could be so wonderfully put together by such cool, laid-back people. Watching and loving Human Error part 2 with everybody was awesome, pictionary was such sweet frustration, and it's just so hilarious how when Derrick wasn't doing panels or guest stuff, he was just as much a fan as anybody. The late night hangouts were really fun too; the Animated shorts were wicked funny, and it was just cool to be in a nice, relaxed atmosphere, talking about what we loved (G1/Animated/Beast Wars/What have you), what we hated (Kiss Players), and what we loved to hate (Unicron Trilogy). Of course, the mileage of your loves and hates may vary, but bottomline is that we all love Transformers.

It was also very awesome to listen to Protoman talk about Rodimus endlessly. He'll seriously go on forever if given the opportunity.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggh, triiiiiivia. You guys with your Japanese questions. Seriously. And broken Beast Machines ones. The hell. >8/ No matter, I shall educate myself in all the series from the Land of the Rising Sun, and my team shall dominate next year! >8D

Also, Guber is a point-stealing poopiehead. That is all.

Okay, fine. He's a point-stealing poopiehead that rocks hardcore, and with whom there is never a dull moment. Ever. It's just not possible. I think there's a law about it, or something. What goes up must come down, an object in motion stays in motion, and Guber rocks hardcore all the time.

Thank you so much to: Artoni, for getting my toys (and other stuff, seriously, shipping is a cruel mistresss), driving me back home, being awesome, and putting up with my ass. To quoth my mother "You deserve a award and a medal." Perhaps a red carpet ceremony and backstage after party to go with. Ilu, bb. <3

The staff who gave out breaks, were really cool and flexible, and let us volunteers check out the Con when things weren't so busy. Not to mention putting for putting the whole convention together, feeding us left and right, and organizing a slew of great activities.

Stormrave for the pizza! Thank you so much for getting that together.

LionaSkycat, who let me use her laptop. I was suffering from some serious internet withdrawal. Thanks for filling in on my team--Vangelus and FairladyZ as well. I couldn't ask for better teammates. Much loves to you all. We'll totally beat everybody next year. Fembots! Forever!

Alex Milne, for being an incredible artist. If I bubblewrap myself, and reverse the polarity of this personal field thingie of mine in which any and all objects in the immediate vicinty fall/topple over/break, will things be cool? Haha, thanks a lot. Enjoy all the money I spent on you.

Derrick, for everything, especially the sketchbook drawings and for hanging out with everyone. We're sorry we've scarred you for life (and enjoyed it). And I'm sorry for recording it on a tangible medium. Thanks for being a great sport. You're awesome, and an honourary Fembot!. <3

Momo and Nri for being incredibly fun and funny, and for loving my brownies (thanks to everybody who loved the brownies. [and stroked my ego] Seriously. I had three full containers and you guys didn't even leave crumbs) I think Artoni hates you for stealing the last ones though, Momo. It's a good thing you're in Montréal.

While I might effectively do the mental equivalent of plugging my fingers in my ears and going "lalalala~" whenever I think about how much I spent, I can't wait to do it all again next year. Absolutely fan-fraggin'tastic weekend.

P.S. Hotel cookies, they are made of heaven and awesome. I don't know how many I've had. If I don't remember, the calories don't count, right? Right?!

Protoman
04-27-2009, 05:04 PM
It was also very awesome to listen to Protoman talk about Rodimus endlessly. He'll seriously go on forever if given the opportunity.

I am sorry if I was a bore, you know what happens when you get me started on anything TF, let alone HOT ROD/RODIMUS. I mean did you seem me doing my panel, I could have gone on for 3 hours.

Solscud007
04-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Since he's offering pick Solscud007's brain. He knows abit about these cons things.

Just a little. I organized and hosted Macrossworld Con for 4 years.

RHansen
04-27-2009, 05:43 PM
I really hope everyone who was not staff (and thus HAD to wake up at 7am that sunday) slept in like a pro.

I think I was woken up around 9, and I still wanted to hit someone I was so tired

Sting Rose
04-27-2009, 05:45 PM
I am sorry if I was a bore, you know what happens when you get me started on anything TF, let alone HOT ROD/RODIMUS. I mean did you seem me doing my panel, I could have gone on for 3 hours.

Hahaha, no worries at all. I've never really understood the Hot Rod/Rodimus hate--well I understand the mentality behind making someone/thing a scapegoat, but it's still not cool. The only thing I hold against him are the dick things he says from time to time, but overall, he's a pretty cool and likeable character, and has been growing on me rather a lot as of late.

He needs to stop doing that.

Listening to you certainly didn't help things along, haha. XD But just as people are wont to talk forever and ever about the things they love, I'm wont to listen to them. I always find it interesting to listen to a brand new perspective on things, provided it's reasonable and has a understandable basis, even if it's not always agreed with or well-liked in the end. And yours was very much that, and I liked it. Bonus! So no, totally not a bore at all. XD

Your panel was absolutely amazing. I'm seriously going to get my hands on a lot of the Japanese series, because this certainly isn't the first time in which, due to translation issues and how it's handled, a series' potential and awesomeness are totally understated or even made non-existent. It's really not fair.

I really, really, really hope you get to do the video game one for next year, though, at the same time, I'm wondering if I should practice my groans and headdesks now, seeing as how we've apparently been missing out.

Nerroth
04-27-2009, 05:52 PM
It's good to hear how much fun everyone seemed to have at the con - makes me wonder what on Terra happened to me along the way...

(As someone who just finished a long-ish fic which has Rodimus as a main character, I would have liked to have been involved in that discussion, for sure... even if my take on the guy is somewhat different to most!)

malteselegacy
04-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Mine was pretty good!
This was my 2nd TFCON and it definitely was much busier than last year.
The only criticism I have is that maybe they should limit the amount of people allowed in the dealer showrooms as it got very crowded and you really could not spend any time looking through dealer bins or what they had on their tables before someone was pushing you.

Otherwise it was great. I picked up two more G1 figures and now all I need is 4 more to complete the 84-87 line!

Also could not find a gun for G1 Scourge or Caliburst for Slugslinger! Looking everywhere and no luck yet!

Oasis
04-27-2009, 08:09 PM
markerguru kept saying "Best. Con. Ever." And I'll have to go with him on that.

Code of Honor
04-27-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm tired, but alive, so that means it was a success full con.

Stormrave
04-27-2009, 09:01 PM
I thought this was a great con. It seems like it just keeps getting bigger and better.

I had some reservations about combining TFCon with the 80s toy expo, mostly fearing that Transformers would be overshadowed/forgotten by other stuff on Sunday, but that never happened. Sunday had a lot of good programming for the Transformers fans that was different from Saturday's, and it gave me the feeling of still being at a TRANSFORMERS convention...with the added bonus of some non-TF panels, the 501st, and new dealers in the dealer room.

The Lost in Translation panel was superior. Thank you for running that.

I think the best thing about TFCon is that it's got voice actors and Hasbro and exclusives and stuff just like Botcon, but it's ALSO got a lot of room for fan participation. People know people. If you want to contribute, you can. You feel like you matter, and that's great. The script reading is always a highlight and I hope we keep this event forever.

I was pleased to see so many more entries in the art and costume contests this year.

I liked the lanyard badges as opposed to the wristbands.

I liked having the games in the same room as the pizza party on Friday night. I liked that so many people hung out, talked, met people, played games instead of just grabbing food and walking out.

I wish there had been a bit more organization about how to get the Toys R Us coupons (I had to ask several times before getting mine), and I honestly still don't know how much it's for or if I have to buy something else (a certain $ worth of TFs?) before I get the discount?

I also would like to see a half hour built into the schedule for lunch. I ate all kinds of strange leftovers (day old ribs, warm sushi, cold french fries) in between panels so I wouldn't miss something I wanted to see in the time it would take me to cross the street for food. People who don't need lunch could probably use the time to go to the dealer room, check out the Hasbro booth, see the art, etc. (I actually did not eat day old pizza. The pizza at the party went so fast that I had to HIDE my own dinner.)

The turnout at the pizza party was phenomenal. Thank you.

I already can't wait for next year.

Protoman
04-27-2009, 09:15 PM

Thank you!!!! Would you believe I did the WHOLE panel from everything off the top of my head.

Code of Honor
04-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Thank you!!!! Would you believe I did the WHOLE panel from everything off the top of my head.

I would. :p I did the same thing with my ROTF info panel.:D

soundwaveCA
04-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Awesome con, big props to the staff at this years show you guys did an amazing job to make this probably the best con yet.

Missed Sunday completely though as we all slept in till like 3 lol

Nightscrabbler
04-27-2009, 09:45 PM
I thought this was a great con. It seems like it just keeps getting bigger and better.

I had some reservations about combining TFCon with the 80s toy expo, mostly fearing that Transformers would be overshadowed/forgotten by other stuff on Sunday, but that never happened. Sunday had a lot of good programming for the Transformers fans that was different from Saturday's, and it gave me the feeling of still being at a TRANSFORMERS convention...with the added bonus of some non-TF panels, the 501st, and new dealers in the dealer room.

I think the best thing about TFCon is that it's got voice actors and Hasbro and exclusives and stuff just like Botcon, but it's ALSO got a lot of room for fan participation. People know people. If you want to contribute, you can. You feel like you matter, and that's great. The script reading is always a highlight and I hope we keep this event forever.

I was pleased to see so many more entries in the art and costume contests this year.

I liked the lanyard badges as opposed to the wristbands.

I liked having the games in the same room as the pizza party on Friday night. I liked that so many people hung out, talked, met people, played games instead of just grabbing food and walking out.

I wish there had been a bit more organization about how to get the Toys R Us coupons (I had to ask several times before getting mine), and I honestly still don't know how much it's for or if I have to buy something else (a certain $ worth of TFs?) before I get the discount?

I also would like to see a half hour built into the schedule for lunch. I ate all kinds of strange leftovers (day old ribs, warm sushi, cold french fries) in between panels so I wouldn't miss something I wanted to see in the time it would take me to cross the street for food. People who don't need lunch could probably use the time to go to the dealer room, check out the Hasbro booth, see the art, etc. (I actually did not eat day old pizza. The pizza at the party went so fast that I had to HIDE my own dinner.)

The turnout at the pizza party was phenomenal. Thank you.

I already can't wait for next year.
You did a great job with the pizza party.

Sorry that the TRU coupon arrangement was confusing. The original card coupon picked up at TRU would tell you precisely what the discount is. If I recall correctly, it's $5 off any Transformers purchase over $19.99.

Lunch time is such a prime time in terms of the number of people. That said, I understand how that can have an effect especially for dedicated people who want to attend most/all the events, but I guess we usually expect most people to find some time to eat or that they aren't attending all panels. The truth is unless people are bringing their own food, they'll most likely need a half-hour to go and get fast food, an hour for a sit-down restaurant or if going with friends. We will look at the suggestion though. Personally I think it's probably a good idea.

Stormrave
04-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Lunch time is such a prime time in terms of the number of people. That said, I understand how that can have an effect especially for dedicated people who want to attend most/all the events, but I guess we usually expect most people to find some time to eat or that they aren't attending all panels. The truth is unless people are bringing their own food, they'll most likely need a half-hour to go and get fast food, an hour for a sit-down restaurant or if going with friends. We will look at the suggestion though. Personally I think it's probably a good idea.

One option might be to run a more casual events over the noon hour, like two half-hour games or trivia contests, or the judging for the art and costume contests as the only scheduled event, or a panel that had run in previous years (giving entertainment for the later-arriving casual guests while the hardcore guests who'd seen it in prior years could go eat). That way there'd be a break for the hardcore folks without cutting down on the programming.

Using the above examples, I'd go for a burger and then play one of the two games, or I'd stay for the art judging and then go eat, and if you do Lost in Translation again next year, I would join it partway through after I got some real food into me.

I barely got DINNER on Saturday. I think I had cheezies, bottle caps and dr. pepper for supper. On top of day old ribs for lunch.

...I swore I'd stop doing that kind of thing when I hit 30. :)

Protoman
04-27-2009, 10:15 PM
I barely got DINNER on Saturday. I think I had cheezies, bottle caps and dr. pepper for supper. On top of day old ribs for lunch.

...I swore I'd stop doing that kind of thing when I hit 30. :)

The term is a "Rock stars diet"

Sting Rose
04-27-2009, 10:40 PM
I missed Espen. Arrghkaldfhdskdjk I miiiiiissseeeed him. I had wads of money to spend on him, and I miiiiiiissed him. Argh, I wanted a Bumblebee print so much, and he's just an amazing colourist, and artist in general. I just wanted to die quietly in a corner. I don't know how I missed him, but argh, I did. I was absolutely disconsolate, not even hotel cookies could help.

Not for lack of trying, mind you. (8D <3)

Oh yeah, my one critique: no more broken Beast Machines questions.

Haha, I kid, I kid.

Mostly. <.< >.>

Nightscrabbler
04-27-2009, 11:03 PM
STRIKA!

CobraCommander
04-27-2009, 11:11 PM
The best part of the CON... meeting people, new and old :)

Wodicus
04-27-2009, 11:18 PM
There all these people in the hotel doing all this crazy stuff. I think it was for some old, crappy 80's cartoon, transmorphers or something like that... they were everywhere, totally ruined my weekend... I was so pissed...

J/K!

I had an awesome time, so much so I barely remember what I did I did so much and had so much fun. Once I get some sleep and collect my thoughts I'll write a little more.

chans formers
04-27-2009, 11:48 PM
The best part of the CON... meeting people, new and old :)totally agree with that.
wifey and i just got home in calgary and man.....what a trip!!why do all good things have to end???here's a run down of some of the parts that really stuck in my mind from my tfcon experience this year....(i slept maybe only an hour or 2 last night...need food,shower and sleep;))
some good=

like cc said,meeting old and new friends
being able to share/learn techniques with other customizers
guber.....need i say more?
seeing proto's reaction to the rodimus...priceless
finally meeting plowking in person(what are they feeding him?i want some!!!:D)
placing first in the 3d customs....still speechless!!:o
sitting down for a good old fashion chinese meal with a few fellow board members(except for the 12 dollar teabag:eek:)
seeing how the canadian slag is actually done behind the scenes
doing the panel thing with dak and nemesispredaking(i just wish i had more sleep the night before,i could barely keep my eyes open:()
the bad=

the weird freak 2hour storm that blew by on saturday evening(wtf????wasnt it just scorching sunny out???)
meeting the simpsons comic book guy but in real life:(:("worst attitude ever":(:(
wifey and i getting lost alot cause our gps wasnt up to date:confused:
forgetting my tfcon 09 classics poster on the airport shuttle bus(luckily we called the hotel and they found it,it's being mailed to me now:D
there's so many more memorable parts but i need some sleep before i can thinnk straight.atleast i still have 1 more day off to get back to normal.
thanks again to the staff and volunteers,board members and new people i met for making this year kick last years arse!!cant wait to see how next years tops this one:D:D:Dand guber,step away from the sugar!!!

Dangard Ace
04-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Just a little. I organized and hosted Macrossworld Con for 4 years.

Bah, only four? You novice!

Sting Rose
04-28-2009, 12:40 AM
STRIKA!

Hahaha! Awesome. XD <3

It was so funny how we came up with every answer under the sun but the one that mattered. And then Guber's team stole all of our extra points. Gah!

Oh Strika, you were so elusive. <3

Pfffffft. Good times, good times. XD

GMfan
04-28-2009, 12:55 AM
I have a feeling I`m gonna have to make my own thread for this A LA Protoman....way too much to say....

seeing proto's reaction to the rodimus...priceless
seeing how the canadian slag is actually done behind the scenes

AH MAN I missed the reaction but his gleaming white teeth were shining the rest of the Friday night walking around with it. I`d say I can`t wait to see what you can do with an Ultra Magnus but damned if I didn`t see enough after that Powermaster Prime made from City Commander....totally deserved first place man was the entries into all the contest awesome this year. Good show to everyone involved in those.

As for the Sunday night Slag recording we got screwed over by finding out the bar in the hotel is closed Saturday....CLOSED! why the hell would the only bar in the hotel be closed ANY day of the week so we had a little party in our room with a bunch of folk from the boards, TFcon staff, and guests we just decided to do a recording there....warning it`ll be uncensored but so far its gotta be one of my favourite episodes of Slag and props to Chans for being there. I was really looking forward to seeing you again this year since we didn`t talk too much last year....*sniffle I`ll miss ya....makes me wish Canada was smaller so we could all see each other more often!

Protoman
04-28-2009, 01:45 AM
I have a feeling I`m gonna have to make my own thread for this A LA Protoman....way too much to say....

AH MAN I missed the reaction but his gleaming white teeth were shining the rest of the Friday night walking around with it. I`d say I can`t wait to see what you can do with an Ultra Magnus but damned if I didn`t see enough after that Powermaster Prime made from City Commander....totally deserved first place man was the entries into all the contest awesome this year. Good show to everyone involved in those.

When we put together the Canadian Slag interview I did with Dyatt one on one, I also had someone video record the whole thing, and Chan will love this, the whole time we are talking we have transformed Battle Damaged Rodimus Prime dead center infront of both of us. Great stuff.

GMfan
04-28-2009, 01:58 AM
THATS WHAT I FORGOT!

Damn it I forgot to bring my CDN Slag for a nice centerpiece....ah well next year :P

Beechy
04-28-2009, 04:43 AM
My favourite part was when Colin went looking for Grey, and couldn't find the upper 6 foot range guy, in a fedora and the reflective vest, out in the open.

markerguru
04-28-2009, 08:46 AM
my thoughts on this years tfcon.
"BEST CON EVER" :)
I only wish i didn't have to stay up for 42 hours straight working on normal work while at the show. damn those deadlines. thank god for red bull and diet coke, but it was so hard to stay awake at points. hopefully i didn't bite anyones head off. well except for the girl who broke one of my eliptical templates. you know who you are. ;)

renegade_decepticon
04-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Best tfcon ever, i was very impressed how things went, there was so much things to do, the dealer room was awesome! I did most of the panels and i got to say hi to guber, vange1us, and the one and only protoman! (awesome dude btw).

I got Load of transformers at the dealer room most of them were japanese takara products and the rest were hasbro

FINAL RATE: 10/10

General Tekno
04-28-2009, 11:12 AM

As for the Sunday night Slag recording we got screwed over by finding out the bar in the hotel is closed Saturday....CLOSED! why the hell would the only bar in the hotel be closed ANY day of the week so we had a little party in our room with a bunch of folk from the boards, TFcon staff, and guests we just decided to do a recording there....warning it`ll be uncensored but so far its gotta be one of my favourite episodes of Slag and props to Chans for being there. I was really looking forward to seeing you again this year since we didn`t talk too much last year....*sniffle I`ll miss ya....makes me wish Canada was smaller so we could all see each other more often!

So THAT's where you guys went! A few of us were wondering where the recording was gonna be.

Zodberg
04-28-2009, 12:08 PM
While my personal con experience was marred by my crappy table, it was still an amazing experience and I'd come back next year even if it was held in texas.

GMfan
04-28-2009, 12:09 PM
We were planning to do it in the convention area but it was too busy and we really just couldn't kick back there so people just came to us and so it happened :P

Quicky
04-28-2009, 02:49 PM
This being my first Tfcon, the family and I had fun. We got there late on Friday but we still got our pizza and drinks (thanks again Stormrave) and I got a chance to play the G1 team challenge...I can't believe I actually won! I really enjoyed the panels, the guests, the hotel pool with the indoor waterslides..:). I really enjoyed it...I hope to do it again next year.Oh....and the exclusive was nice too...:)

Beechy
04-28-2009, 03:06 PM
You forgot me Proto.....a few pages back though...

Protoman
04-28-2009, 07:14 PM
You forgot me Proto.....a few pages back though...

Oh my god I am so sorry Beechy, I wrote that whole thing when I go back and was so tired. I can't forget you either!!

JLvatron
04-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Oh my god I am so sorry Beechy, I wrote that whole thing when I go back and was so tired. I can't forget you either!!

Er, ...was I mentioned? :p

JLvatron
04-28-2009, 11:02 PM
and I got a chance to play the G1 team challenge...I can't believe I actually won!

Hey, believe it my friend, you totally deserved to win! :)
Your knowledge of G1 was the best that night, so you ARE the champion!!! :)

Thank you for your participation and great attitude. See you next year! :cool:

Sting Rose
04-30-2009, 12:32 AM
my thoughts on this years tfcon.
"BEST CON EVER" :)
I only wish i didn't have to stay up for 42 hours straight working on normal work while at the show. damn those deadlines. thank god for red bull and diet coke, but it was so hard to stay awake at points. hopefully i didn't bite anyones head off. well except for the girl who broke one of my eliptical templates. you know who you are. ;)

Awww, man, You're seriously not going to let me forget that, are you? ;-;

*grabs chest painfully* Argh--my heart! DX It's like there's shrapnel Ã* la Iron Man tearing it apart, except, y'know, it's made of guilt, not metal. T_T

Duct tape fixes everything? It's a proven scientific fact.

UltraPrimal
04-30-2009, 03:03 AM
I don't think I've posted my TFCon experience yet.

Let's start at the beginning. Friday. Checked in around 5. Got a free cookie, yay! Cookie sucked, boo! Threw in a case of water and then spent about half an hour walking back and forth between my room and the ice machine to fill up the cooler for the pizza party. Then 6 finally rolled around and I ran down to get in line, only to find out there was some other convention still there. Damb teachers! TFCon eventually started. I got my Powered Commander. Ran him upstairs and then brought down the cool and cake. Damb that was heavy! Then I had to go back up because I forgot the knives and forks. Pizza party was awesome. I got to sit with a truely all-star table. Vangelus, Protoman, Guber, Decepticon Army, General Tekno, sorry if I can't remember everone else. I liked the "Finish That Line" thing during the pizza. Then I spent an hour or so serving my lovely cake. Maybe I should have brought a bigger one so I wouldn't have to worry about giving out little pieces to make sure everyone could have some. Then more trivia. Parts trading, meh. Later I got a chance to chat a little with Flare Up herself, Fairlady Z, the Man From Newfoundland, Wodimus, and Internet Personality Vangelus.:)I was really surprized by Vangelus. He's was really easy to talk to. I thought for sure his internet stardom would be gone to his head and been a total snob. But actually a really awesome guy. He showed us some stuff he's working on, including Jimmy. That kid if F'ed up in the head. lol. And he even let my play with his Spreem! SPREEM!:D Only complaints; 1, I got zero sleep. It's TFCon, it's like X-Mas for TF fans. 2 was that I didn't get to play DS battles or pictionary. Next year.

Saturday we wait for Guber to wake up and get his ass in the dealer room. Then everyone runs. I didn't find half the stuff I was looking for. The other half was too much for what I wanted to pay for them. So all I got that day toy wise was Henkei Ironhide. Not bad, but still has the emo neck problem. Also got Matt and Alex to do Sixshot sketches for me. Then we got to watch both parts of Human Error. Awesome. Then DJW's panel. Then there was Dan Gilvezan's Panel which felt very short. Then there was the costume contest. All excellent constumes. Maybe next year I'll dress up.;)Then I went and had Harvey's with some other fans. Sorry I forgot your names. Half the people I talked to the weekend were either named Mike or Chris or Shawn. Product preview, yawn. Customizing panel... Then there was the VA auditions. I was super nervous but I gave Astrotrain a try and failed epicly. Then I gave Soundwave and acutally got a "call-back". SO HAPPY! Didn't get it though. Next year. I was gonna give Arcee a try too but couldn't get up the nerve to make an ass of myself. I got up to do Blurr, but in a slow voice, but the guy in front of me had the same idea, so the joke was ruined and I sat back down. If only I had gotten up the courage sooner. At some point in here I went back to pick up my sketch from Matt and someone had stolen mine!:eek:Because we were both named Mike. Seriously dude, you call yourself a Transformers fan but can't tell the difference between Sixshot and Devastator?:rolleyes:So poor Matt had to do another one. I think next year I'm gonna have to call myself Mikey B or something. Unless Michael Bay is there. That could be awkward. "Hi, I'm Mikey B. No, I'm Mikey B. No, I am! No, I AM!" Oh, but to top it off is the highlight of the whole convention, I stay up till like 4 or 5AM with a bunch of other fans, Vangelus, Wodicus, and the god damb Protoman, with Mr. Derrick Wyatt talking for hours! :sigh: It was amazing. The man is like everyone says, he's just as much as fan of Transformers as everyone else there. The guy pulls out Shuffler as the FansProject elephant dude. I never would have thought of that. Which is another thing I should mention. I was blown away how knowledgable some of the people there were. I thought I knew a lot. Wow! Those guys like Meesum and Daneil are hardcore man.:cool:

Sunday was a bit of a blur from the lack of sleep. I managed to find a Henkei Hot Shot and pick up some reprolabels. Customizing class was good. It definately taught me some stuff, but it's major fault was that was too short. It was very rushed. Half the time the paint wasn't drying. I even had big gobs of paint coming off at one point much to my horror. If there's one next year, maybe give it's own day. At least have it all Friday morning and afternoon. 'Cause by the end I was panicing because I had to go check out. Cleaned up a little. I still have little bits of paint my hands! Then I picked up my Sixshot sketch by Matt Moylan. It's over there as my avatar. <- Then I went and sat in on Gubers panel for a little bit. Wish I could have saw more of that. Then went over to Daniels Kiss Play, er...I mean Japanese Transformers Panel. Although one question I wish I thought of at the time. Could they remaster the Unicron Trilogy using the Japanese animation with the American VO? Also I need those Japanese cartoon links. And finally, I picked up my Canadian Sixshot by Alex Milne. You can see it in my sig. And there I had to go home because of work. Next year I'll definately stay the extra night.

Oh, and during the con I was going around pestering people to sign my Canadian Slag poster. Too bad my scanner's not big enough to scan it or else I'd post a pic of it. And if I didn't get you to sign it yet, don't think you're off the hook. I'll be coming for you nexy year!:D

Awesome con. See you at TFCon 2010. Unless I see you at that other convention first.:)

JLvatron
04-30-2009, 12:01 PM
DX It's like there's shrapnel Ã* la Iron Man

Please. This is a Transformers forum. :mad:

You shoulda said "shrapnel Ã* la Shrapnel" !!! :):):)

:D

UltraPrimal
04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Please. This is a Transformers forum. :mad:

You shoulda said "shrapnel Ã* la Shrapnel" !!! :):):)

No, he should have said "shrapnel ala Shrapnel, Shrapnel..."

JLvatron
04-30-2009, 01:38 PM
HAH! :)

Well said, mon ami du gateau! :D

JLvatron
04-30-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't think I've posted my TFCon experience yet.

Let's start at the beginning. Friday. Checked in around 5. Got a free cookie, yay! Cookie sucked, boo! Threw in a case of water and then spent about half an hour walking back and forth between my room and the ice machine to fill up the cooler for the pizza party. Then 6 finally rolled around and I ran down to get in line, only to find out there was some other convention still there. Damb teachers! TFCon eventually started. I got my Powered Commander. Ran him upstairs and then brought down the cool and cake. Damb that was heavy! Then I had to go back up because I forgot the knives and forks. Pizza party was awesome. I got to sit with a truely all-star table. Vangelus, Protoman, Guber, Decepticon Army, General Tekno, sorry if I can't remember everone else. I liked the "Finish That Line" thing during the pizza. Then I spent an hour or so serving my lovely cake. Maybe I should have brought a bigger one so I wouldn't have to worry about giving out little pieces to make sure everyone could have some. Then more trivia. Parts trading, meh. Later I got a chance to chat a little with Flare Up herself, Fairlady Z, the Man From Newfoundland, Wodimus, and Internet Personality Vangelus.:)I was really surprized by Vangelus. He's was really easy to talk to. I thought for sure his internet stardom would be gone to his head and been a total snob. But actually a really awesome guy. He showed us some stuff he's working on, including Jimmy. That kid if F'ed up in the head. lol. And he even let my play with his Spreem! SPREEM!:D Only complaints; 1, I got zero sleep. It's TFCon, it's like X-Mas for TF fans. 2 was that I didn't get to play DS battles or pictionary. Next year.

Saturday we wait for Guber to wake up and get his ass in the dealer room. Then everyone runs. I didn't find half the stuff I was looking for. The other half was too much for what I wanted to pay for them. So all I got that day toy wise was Henkei Ironhide. Not bad, but still has the emo neck problem. Also got Matt and Alex to do Sixshot sketches for me. Then we got to watch both parts of Human Error. Awesome. Then DJW's panel. Then there was Dan Gilvezan's Panel which felt very short. Then there was the costume contest. All excellent constumes. Maybe next year I'll dress up.;)Then I went and had Harvey's with some other fans. Sorry I forgot your names. Half the people I talked to the weekend were either named Mike or Chris or Shawn. Product preview, yawn. Customizing panel... Then there was the VA auditions. I was super nervous but I gave Astrotrain a try and failed epicly. Then I gave Soundwave and acutally got a "call-back". SO HAPPY! Didn't get it though. Next year. I was gonna give Arcee a try too but couldn't get up the nerve to make an ass of myself. I got up to do Blurr, but in a slow voice, but the guy in front of me had the same idea, so the joke was ruined and I sat back down. If only I had gotten up the courage sooner. At some point in here I went back to pick up my sketch from Matt and someone had stolen mine!:eek:Because we were both named Mike. Seriously dude, you call yourself a Transformers fan but can't tell the difference between Sixshot and Devastator?:rolleyes:So poor Matt had to do another one. I think next year I'm gonna have to call myself Mikey B or something. Unless Michael Bay is there. That could be awkward. "Hi, I'm Mikey B. No, I'm Mikey B. No, I am! No, I AM!" Oh, but to top it off is the highlight of the whole convention, I stay up till like 4 or 5AM with a bunch of other fans, Vangelus, Wodicus, and the god damb Protoman, with Mr. Derrick Wyatt talking for hours! :sigh: It was amazing. The man is like everyone says, he's just as much as fan of Transformers as everyone else there. The guy pulls out Shuffler as the FansProject elephant dude. I never would have thought of that. Which is another thing I should mention. I was blown away how knowledgable some of the people there were. I thought I knew a lot. Wow! Those guys like Meesum and Daneil are hardcore man.:cool:

Sunday was a bit of a blur from the lack of sleep. I managed to find a Henkei Hot Shot and pick up some reprolabels. Customizing class was good. It definately taught me some stuff, but it's major fault was that was too short. It was very rushed. Half the time the paint wasn't drying. I even had big gobs of paint coming off at one point much to my horror. If there's one next year, maybe give it's own day. At least have it all Friday morning and afternoon. 'Cause by the end I was panicing because I had to go check out. Cleaned up a little. I still have little bits of paint my hands! Then I picked up my Sixshot sketch by Matt Moylan. It's over there as my avatar. <- Then I went and sat in on Gubers panel for a little bit. Wish I could have saw more of that. Then went over to Daniels Kiss Play, er...I mean Japanese Transformers Panel. Although one question I wish I thought of at the time. Could they remaster the Unicron Trilogy using the Japanese animation with the American VO? Also I need those Japanese cartoon links. And finally, I picked up my Canadian Sixshot by Alex Milne. You can see it in my sig. And there I had to go home because of work. Next year I'll definately stay the extra night.

Oh, and during the con I was going around pestering people to sign my Canadian Slag poster. Too bad my scanner's not big enough to scan it or else I'd post a pic of it. And if I didn't get you to sign it yet, don't think you're off the hook. I'll be coming for you nexy year!:D

Awesome con. See you at TFCon 2010. Unless I see you at that other convention first.:)

HAHA about Saturday morning Guber! But the man deserved his early minutes in the dealer room. Matrix, that was a great video entry! :eek:

And awesome Friday cake, you did well to make the pieces small. Gluttons like me needed only to come back 2 or ...5 times. :o

That's so funny how Shan stole your Blurr idea! But you did an awesome Soundwave, dude. :cool:

AHAHAHAHH!! You and Michael Bay really should form a rap duo called 'Mikey-B & Mikey-B'. Heck, I'm sure Bay can rap better than he can make movies. :p

Glad you enjoyed it, and definitely make a costume next year! And bring your poster back, I'll sign it! :)

FreedomGundam
04-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Figure I should chime in on this one now.

I've been to the past 4 TFCons (06, 07, 08 and now 09), and this one was by far the biggest and best. From the dealer room, to the exclusives, to the guests and panels; TFCon2009 blew the previous ones out of the water without any questions about it.

Major props to Colin and all the TFCon staff, as well as the guests (Dan Gilvezan, Derrick Wyatt and Eric Bauza) for making it all great.

Special thanks to cannabisprime, CobraCommander, Dark_Rage, chansformers (+wife) and Mike (forgot your screen-name, and your girlfriend Kaitlyn) for hanging out with me outside of the convention's times/scope; especially cannabisprime, for providing me with a place to stay for the weekend. Props also goes to GMFan101 and all the guys at the Sunday night / Monday morning podcast recording for a great time there too.

Ninjatron
04-30-2009, 10:32 PM
TFCon rocked yet again.

Wish I could have shown up earlier on Friday. I had to teach that day and as soon as I was done, I went on my way to the hotel via public transit, but it took so long that by the time I got there it was almost time for me to leave. But Saturday made up for that mishap.

Faction Feud was so much fun. Major props to everyone who set that up. I am proud of my squad of Ninjamasters, despite sometimes making me feel like an 80's cartoon villain with their bizarre antics. It was a grueling experience right up to the end, but we did it, and I think that it was not just because we knew our stuff, but because of hard work and guts!

I am happy with the How to Draw panel. Honestly, I have not had a class that attentive in a long time! I wish it was scheduled for more time, say an extra half-hour with the remaining half hour acting as a buffer for pictionary or something. I was hoping to use a projector but was told to keep things low-tech, only to have access to a projector anyway and to need to use it. If I knew there was going to be a projector I would have done more with it, and brought my own laptop. I think that if the panel were to happen again next year that I will change it up a bit and use the projector to display the drawing.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped me out and who said hi to me and gave me kudos for the prelude comic. Already looking forward to doing it again next year.

Sayonara.