PDA

View Full Version : Art contest

Victorysabre
04-10-2009, 08:48 PM
How's the art contest work? Is there a limit on how many entries one can submit? I've got some I'd like to enter for the custom figure category.

Who else is entering? Any uber talent that'll be whoopping my butt?

Nightscrabbler
04-10-2009, 08:57 PM
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=14914 - Same criteria as last year, timings may change.

No limit to number of entries, but if more than one entry places, only the top entry will be awarded.

frenzy_rumble
04-11-2009, 08:49 AM
< entering, and reading the rules for the first time, lol. Hoping to have a combiner available for this, and possible something LDR sized from ROTF. The main one I am letting it all ride on is still a WIP

Victorysabre
04-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Well if Frenzy Rumble is entering I can look forward to being owned. Haha

UltraMagnus69
04-11-2009, 10:40 AM
get your cameras ready boys and girls!

Bruticus82
04-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Not only am I looking forward to seeing one of F_R's creations in person, I'm looking forward to meeting the guy behind the customs.

Stormrave
04-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I see that the winners are being announced at 1:30 on Saturday. Is that when the creators are supposed to pick up their pieces?

Nemesis Predaking
04-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Well if Frenzy Rumble is entering I can look forward to being owned. Haha

Not me !!!! Bring it F_R :p

UltraMagnus69
04-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Not me !!!! Bring it F_R :p

I love it. Reminds me of a walk-off between Derek Zoolander and Hansel:D

frenzy_rumble
04-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I get to be Hansel though

Nemesis Predaking
04-17-2009, 06:05 PM
I get to be Hansel though

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/NemesisPredaking/Zoolander-Magnum.png

chans formers
04-17-2009, 06:13 PM
^^lmfao!!!!!^^ you guys just know how to make a guy smile!!!:D

Nemesis Predaking
04-17-2009, 06:35 PM
^^lmfao!!!!!^^ you guys just know how to make a guy smile!!!:D

Don't think your off the hook either :p

UltraMagnus69
04-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Blue steel....it's glorious

chans formers
04-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Don't think your off the hook either :poh yeah,it's still on my friend.....one shall stand....one shall fall.....one shall buy beer....both shall get hammered!!:D

UltraPrimal
04-19-2009, 02:48 PM
I might bring something I made a couple years back. I just gotta find it...

purple-bot
04-21-2009, 02:19 AM
this will be my first contest, i hope u all think im worthy

i see the winner is announced at 1:30
when do we drop them off?
judged by panel or fans?
cam we all agree on DONT TOUCH signs?

General Tekno
04-21-2009, 02:23 AM
I hope I have time to draw an entry... I have an awesome idea for one too.

GMfan
04-21-2009, 02:53 AM
this will be my first contest, i hope u all think im worthy

i see the winner is announced at 1:30
when do we drop them off?
judged by panel or fans?
cam we all agree on DONT TOUCH signs?

Drop off?
http://www.tfcon.ca/contests.php

Judged by staff for all, costume will include attendees

All entries will not be molested during the show.

Zodberg
04-21-2009, 03:20 AM
I'm in.

I have a piece of pencil artwork ready, which I think has to be my best work ever.
Not going to put it on the public internet until the convention, though.

Solscud007
04-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Just a little announcement. For those bringing Toy customizations for submission into the contest. I am working out the details with the staff, well trying to anyway haha. I am bringing my photo equipment. Besides my camera, Im bringing my phototent and lights.

the TFW photostaff and I want do a photoshoot of your submissions. I need to scout out the customs area on friday to see how this will work. But I envision that you guys and gals will bring your toys for the contest and as you are filling out the paperwork or what have you, You can bring the toy over to my photo tent and I can get a few quick snap shots. Hopefully there will be space in the same area as the display section, that way you wont have far to go.

Can anyone clarify how the toys will be displayed? will it be like botcon last year with a bunch of roped off tables? Or something different?

I have worked with delicate customs in the past. So I am very gentle. However if you are concerned then by all means you can handle and position your toy as you see fit.

I hope to take pictures worthy of your customs. See you at TFCON!!!!

frenzy_rumble
04-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I'd love to know the details as well to how they'll be displayed. I have "my favorite" poses for my submissions already, but hoping that before the judging begins, that I can turn on a few electronic features on my entries. Will I be able to do that?

I will also be hunting you down Solscud. It will be nice to have pics taken of my customs by someone else for once, or perhaps you can show me the ways so that when I shoot photos in the future, it doesn't result in a million foul words and hatred to the custom and camera relationship.

Stormrave
04-21-2009, 02:21 PM
I will be bringing, as always, a ridiculous diorama, and I'm attempting to do a serious entry in 2-D if I can get it to turn out the way I want.

JLvatron
04-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I will be bringing, as always, a ridiculous diorama, and I'm attempting to do a serious entry in 2-D if I can get it to turn out the way I want.

:eek:

The 'S' word? For an art contest?
YOU ????!! :eek::eek:

( :D )

dak
04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Figures will be displayed on tables like past years. Space is limited so please try to not use large area poses. Look at the schedule on the TFcon (www.tfcon.ca) website for event times. Last entries must be submitted and judging begins at Noon.

The photo booth is a great idea and we will find a space to do photographs in the morning.

Solscud007
04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Sweet. Thanks Dak. Ok guys and gals bring me your best!!!!