PDA

View Full Version : Other Hotels?

jourdo
04-02-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm really considering coming down for TFcon (I know last minute stuff is super smart). I've checked on flights and hotel, and it looks like the convention hotel is all booked up now.

What are the other hotels in the area?

chans formers
04-02-2009, 11:13 AM
i know there was another one within a few blocks away.it could be the "radisson".

Super_Megatron
04-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Actually they just found a few more rooms and added them to the TFcon block this morning. Book fast before they get taken: http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/YYZIPDT-TFC-20090423/index.jhtml
I think a second hotel will need to be setup for people though.

jourdo
04-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Actually they just found a few more rooms and added them to the TFcon block this morning. Book fast before they get taken: http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/YYZIPDT-TFC-20090423/index.jhtml
I think a second hotel will need to be setup for people though.

Buggers! I just was checking last night. I'll have to finalize the work schedule and check with the boss.

Darth Grimlock
04-02-2009, 11:53 AM
There's the Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport. It's where me and my wife are staying and it's only about a mile from the CON.

Phalanx
04-02-2009, 12:07 PM
i know there was another one within a few blocks away.it could be the "radisson".

I do believe it's the Radisson, yes. That would be my recommendation if you can't get into the Doubletree. It's within easy walking distance (really you just walk across a couple of parking lots and cross the street... most of which are fast food places, so you can even get breakfast on the way).

If memory serves, it was TFcon's alternate hotel when the Doubletree ran out of rooms a couple years back.

GMfan
04-02-2009, 05:16 PM
:O you're coming?! Awesome!

jourdo
04-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Prereg mailed... check!
Flight booked... check! (arriving at midnight... fuck!)
Hotel booked... check!

Doubletree was out of rooms again when I checked. Looks like I'm walking distance though.

Thank you TD Travel points for the $35 trip! :D

Super_Megatron
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
FYI there are hotel rooms available on the TFcon block again.