PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 3 - July 1st, 2011

Super_Megatron
03-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Transformers 3 - July 1st, 2011 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-3---july-1st-2011-167080/)

Category: Transformers Movie (Just Movie)

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

JaySmith
03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Really? I'm kind of disappointed honestly, but I'll save the majority of my comments until we'll see how badly they fuck up the second movie.

Bruticus82
03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
On Canada Day?!?

C'est incroyable!

onecoin
03-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Really? I'm kind of disappointed honestly, but I'll save the majority of my comments until we'll see how badly they fuck up the second movie.

Its a Cash Cow now, but its gonna crash big time. As good as it is now, this is the beginning of the end. 20 years from now, we're all gonna be like. TF's were so cool till the movies fucked it up.

astrana
03-16-2009, 07:50 PM
lol already?

GMfan
03-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Its a Cash Cow now, but its gonna crash big time. As good as it is now, this is the beginning of the end. 20 years from now, we're all gonna be like. TF's were so cool till the movies fucked it up.

Speak for yourself, I doubt I'll ever say that

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
oh thats great! another time the americans messed it up for us canucks!they just HAD to make it on Canada day when everything will be closed and no one up here can go and see it on the first day!!

GMfan
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Every year they bump up the release date from what they originally plan....just calm down

onecoin
03-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Speak for yourself, I doubt I'll ever say that

Don't worry you will. How many movie franchises last past 3 (in a single series) before the public completely turns on it?

Not Spider-man
Not Batman
Not Star Wars
Not Pirates of the Caribbean
Not Superman
Not TMNT
Not The Matrix
Not Saw
Not LOTR
Not even the Godfather

Only one I can think of is Harry Potter, but that last book was boring as hell till the end. Even James Bond wasn't consistent and it was dead for a long time before Brosnan.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Every year they bump up the release date from what they originally plan....just calm down

sorry i'm just in a bad mood.

Nightscrabbler
03-16-2009, 09:08 PM
I was actually watching bits and pieces of TF1 yesterday and I no longer hate it as much as I used to. I mean, I still think it's a dumb movie, but that dumbness doesn't bother me as much now. Same thing with the Spider-Man movies, didn't like the first one the first time I saw it, but was able to overlook its flaws later on. Then Spider-Man 3 came along and I realized how much worse that was. I guess once all the expectations are shattered, you can then see some of the parts where the movie was good. TF2 doesn't look like it's going to be very good, but hopefully it'll improve a bit on TF1.

X-Men and X-Men 2 were the only movies I really liked in this genre.

CobraCommander
03-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Don't worry you will. How many movie franchises last past 3 (in a single series) before the public completely turns on it?

Not Spider-man
Not Batman
Not Star Wars
Not Superman
Not TMNT
Not The Matrix
Not Saw
Not LOTR
Not even the Godfather

Only one I can think of is Harry Potter, but that last book was boring as hell till the end. Even James Bond wasn't consistent and it was dead for a long time before Brosnan.

There's always hope, Batman Begins is a prime example of a franchise reboot and the new Terminator movie looks very promising! By the way LOTR doesn't belong in that list above.

OT: Can't wait to see TFM3 in full 3D! Unicron's gonna look amazing!!! :D

GMfan
03-16-2009, 09:22 PM

This is just sad, you're telling me how I'll think? Based on what!? Flawed beliefs in the following films?

Spider-man is getting a 4th film
Batman had 4 films in its original film continuity
Star Wars RotJ was amazing, and RotS was better then episode 1 and 2
Pirates of the Caribbean wasn't meant to go past 3 films and the 3rd one was ok
TMNT got a fourth film (the CG one is based in the same continuity, was better then the 3rd)
Saw was terrible from the get go
LOTR was based of a 3 book series so making a 4th film would make no sense though it is getting a prequel (based on JR's the Hobbit)

Honestly, you have your own opinions and have no right telling people what theirs should be. Who the hell do you think you are?

onecoin
03-16-2009, 09:28 PM
There's always hope, Batman Begins is a prime example of a franchise reboot and the new Terminator movie looks very promising! By the way LOTR doesn't belong in that list above.

OT: Can't wait to see TFM3 in full 3D! Unicron's gonna look amazing!!! :D

Exactly, after reboots to the series. How many studios want to take a chance to reboot a dead series. Batman begins almost didn't happen, Superman and Star Wars took over 2 decades. And LOTR does belong on that list. The second movie was missing a key scene portion from the book, and the climax to the whole series was anything but. Once Frodo an Sam got the the bottom of the mountain, the film felt like it was never gonna end. Like never. Legolas and Gimli got annoying, and I just wanted toe smack Frodo the whole time. Whinny bitch.

onecoin
03-16-2009, 09:30 PM
This is just sad, you're telling me how I'll think? Based on what!? Flawed beliefs in the following films?

Spider-man is getting a 4th film
Batman had 4 films in its original film continuity
Star Wars RotJ was amazing, and RotS was better then episode 1 and 2
Pirates of the Caribbean wasn't meant to go past 3 films and the 3rd one was ok
TMNT got a fourth film (the CG one is based in the same continuity, was better then the 3rd)
Saw was terrible from the get go
LOTR was based of a 3 book series so making a 4th film would make no sense though it is getting a prequel (based on JR's the Hobbit)

Honestly, you have your own opinions and have no right telling people what theirs should be. Who the hell do you think you are?

Never said take my opinion. I just stated it. Just like you did? And again you are after me for having an opinion. Aren't you a mod on a public forum???? This is the 3rd time you have attacked me after a post, and more people than me are keeping count.

GMfan
03-16-2009, 09:33 PM
lol attacking you? This isn't attacking you this is just me stating I won't have you tell me how I should think.

And as a mod I have to look out for trolls, ya know people who just post negative crap ;)

Nightscrabbler
03-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Play nice now.

onecoin
03-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Just negative? Do you look at all my posts or just the ones you disagree with?

I was playing just fine, till i got bullied.

Team Jetfire
03-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Not trying to flame you Onecoin, but is there anything that you do like? And how has the public turned on any of those moives...by going to them and making the studios a shit load of money? Usually when the 'public' hate something, they usually don't make a shit load of money. But, do you mean that the internet turns on them? Now I could buy that argument, but it is safe to say that the internet would turn on it's own mother if it had one...

onecoin
03-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Not trying to flame you Onecoin, but is there anything that you do like? And how has the public turned on any of those moives...by going to them and making the studios a shit load of money? Usually when the 'public' hate something, they usually don't make a shit load of money. But, do you mean that the internet turns on them? Now I could buy that argument, but it is safe to say that the internet would turn on it's own mother if it had one...

No offence taken Jetfire. Generally, after I watch a movie I read a few reviews afterwards. And not just Rotten Tomatoes "quotes." From Newspapers reviewers and geekdom surrounding specific movies. They fact that I took film and literature in school, I believe heavily effects my point of view.

And there are plenty of things I like. Even though some people is particuar choose to point out what I don't. All my posts are there for the everyone to see. In terms of movie dicussion here, I even said nice things about Dragonball and GI Joe, at least I think I did.

Nightscrabbler
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Negativity is the new positivity anyway.
Things don't improve with everyone talking about how great things are.

onecoin
03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Negativity is the new positivity anyway.
Things don't improve with everyone talking about how great things are.

Sounds right.

Team Jetfire
03-16-2009, 10:03 PM
But why be so negative about something that you haven't even seen? I totally understand that there are certain things about movies that drive people crazy, but there has to be some redeeming thing about the movie that you may have just walked out of.

One of my very favorite quotes from a movie comes from one of my very favorite movies, Ratatouille :

In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so.

I dunno, it made me look at things a little bit differently...

C_Shewins
03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Are they too early to announce? What if the second movie doesn't go as good as the first one?

Aernaroth
03-16-2009, 10:15 PM

Not Spider-man
Not Batman
Not Star Wars
Not Superman
Not TMNT
Not The Matrix
Not Saw
Not LOTR
Not even the Godfather

What about Dirty Harry series? Those were all pretty good.

Ooh, ooh, or James Bond! He got like ten movies before people started whining. Granted, that was before the internet.

And since you're keen on Dragonball, there have been dozens of anime series with movies and OVAs that went beyond 4 and were accepted by the audience. Or are we not counting animated films?

Let's face it though. TF2 is going to make enough money to smother an elephant and TF3 is all but assured. I don't necessarily think this particular date will be set in stone though.

I wonder, if the internet had been around when the original transformers animated movie came out, would people had said "Look! They killed off all the important characters! Surely this means the franchise will go the way of disco soon!"

Team Jetfire
03-16-2009, 10:17 PM
This has nothing to do with transformers, but I think it applies. Plus it is funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus

soundwaveCA
03-16-2009, 10:22 PM
This has nothing to do with transformers, but I think it applies. Plus it is funny:

Brilliant! lol

GMfan
03-16-2009, 10:30 PM

LMAO...Agreed. Lets just be happy with what we get.

Aernaroth
03-16-2009, 10:33 PM

Close the thread. We have a winning post.

CobraCommander
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM

lOl, so true... I forgot about those old rotary phones, we sure are spoiled nowadays and really don't take the time to appreciate what we have. :D

CobraCommander
03-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Exactly, after reboots to the series. How many studios want to take a chance to reboot a dead series. Batman begins almost didn't happen, Superman and Star Wars took over 2 decades. And LOTR does belong on that list. The second movie was missing a key scene portion from the book, and the climax to the whole series was anything but. Once Frodo an Sam got the the bottom of the mountain, the film felt like it was never gonna end. Like never. Legolas and Gimli got annoying, and I just wanted toe smack Frodo the whole time. Whinny bitch.

Well I never read the LOTR books, but was very satisfied with he film experience. The biggest plot flaw in that film is why didn't they just hitch a ride on the Eagles all the way to Mt.Doom from the beginning? :D

CTO15
03-16-2009, 10:48 PM
so this means we'll all have to get 3 different optimus primes? lol

Optimus_Prime
03-16-2009, 10:56 PM

I think I might have a new outlook on things.... Dammit, my computer's lagging again:D

Nocturn
03-16-2009, 10:57 PM
HOW DARE YOU GUYS LEAVE ME OUT OF THE FLAME WAR.

onecoin
03-17-2009, 12:12 AM
HOW DARE YOU GUYS LEAVE ME OUT OF THE FLAME WAR.

Ummmm......... You Smell??? Okay, now bring it on Nocturn! Bring it On!??

punchXcounterpunch
03-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Ummmm......... You Smell??? Okay, now bring it on Nocturn! Bring it On!??
you girls gonna have a cheerleader dance-off like in the movie? ....can i join? lawls!!1

and WTF?!!!! how can you like make plans for the release date for transformers 3 when the second movie hasn't even been released yet... if there ain't protectobots in the third film somebody's gonna get a hurt real bad!

dak
03-17-2009, 02:06 AM
That exciting!!!

Remember tho, as said in the article this is not an official "it will happen" announcement. This is only to reserve the date.

Robimus
03-17-2009, 09:23 AM
I think the most interesting possibility with this is the chance that TFTM 2 might have a bit of a cliff hanger ending to lead into #3.

That would be my hope anyway, that there will be some forward thinking by Bay and company to help make 2 &3 feel like they go together.:D

Bruticus82
03-17-2009, 09:30 AM
I wonder, if the internet had been around when the original transformers animated movie came out, would people had said "Look! They killed off all the important characters! Surely this means the franchise will go the way of disco soon!"

LOL! Well said Aernaroth.

jacobot
03-17-2009, 09:32 AM
From the Bots weve seen the war is weighing in the Cons favour;)

J.Soundwave
03-17-2009, 10:01 AM

Not Spider-man
Not Batman
Not Star Wars
Not Superman
Not TMNT
Not The Matrix
Not Saw
Not LOTR
Not even the Godfather

I liked Spider-man 3...also what about the new TMNT movie which could technically be called the 4th...I really liked that too. And as far as Batman, even though i'm guessing you're talking about the older movies...we're about to hit pt.3 in the new ones and i highly doubt they're gonna mess that up. I'm not even touching the Star Wars topic:p... It's all about people's opinions and i'm sure everyone here won't think the exact same as yourself.

onecoin
03-17-2009, 02:05 PM
I liked Spider-man 3...also what about the new TMNT movie which could technically be called the 4th...I really liked that too. And as far as Batman, even though i'm guessing you're talking about the older movies...we're about to hit pt.3 in the new ones and i highly doubt they're gonna mess that up. I'm not even touching the Star Wars topic:p... It's all about people's opinions and i'm sure everyone here won't think the exact same as yourself.

I don't think you're looking at the "(in a single series)" part.