PDA

View Full Version : 1ST TFCON, How the dealer room?

aprim
03-03-2009, 10:44 PM
I been going to Botcon, I decided to skip it this year and drive to Canada for TFCON.. Mainly it was the exclusives, I was on the fence abot going until I seen that Power Convoy.

Hows the Dealer room? I hoping for some Japenese G1 Stuff, some Henkei's. Is it a nice selection like Botcon or is it smaller?

See you there!

General Tekno
03-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Dealer room is a pretty large one. Lots of booths indeed.

It can vary what you find though - last year, Henkeis weren't easy to get as booths only had a few and they went fast (I'm hoping there's more this year). Lot of G1 stuff, a good chunk of Beast Wars as well (I filled in many holes in the ol' collection).

Protoman
03-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Honestly, if you take Botcon's dealer room (the past one in 2008) and take away the Hasbro store, the fan art display, the Hasbro Toy Preview booths...... our dealer room is about the same size. And yes all of that is there and MORE. Trust me, I went to Botcon and left not finding what I was looking for, but found it at TFcon. (Due to Russ)

aprim
03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Dose TFSOUCE and BBTS show up? I bought a ton of G1 Goodness MIB from TFSORCE AT Botcon..by far the best booth there last year.

brr-icy
03-03-2009, 11:29 PM
no they aren't but....russ is lol,

Protoman
03-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Russ has a booth that is unrivaled by any convention I have ever gone to or worked on. He has 17 (count it) 17 G1 tables, spanning almost the WHOLE length of the entire con room. If you don't find it at his table, it does not exist.

General Tekno
03-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Who was Russ again?

I remember there was some guy with a MASSIVE amount of G1 figures that he was selling for a lot... but I'm guessing that wasn't him?

EDIT: Never mind... that sounds like Russ.

Cheers Ian
03-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Russ has a booth that is unrivaled by any convention I have ever gone to or worked on. He has 17 (count it) 17 G1 tables, spanning almost the WHOLE length of the entire con room. If you don't find it at his table, it does not exist.

He didn't have a Weirdwolf tail last year ;)

Cheers!
-Ian

Iron Moose
03-04-2009, 01:27 AM
I found the dealer room pretty light on oddities, but solid on the basics.

General Tekno
03-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Also - there were a bunch of KOs since A3U was liquidating all the remaining KOs they had in stock (Hasbro was nice and let them do that)

UltraMagnus69
03-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Russ was the dude with the 2 huge body guards at the table ......

Bruticus82
03-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Why do I have a feeling I've met Russ...

Oh, I have! I bought some G1 Junkers off him on ebay and arranged a local pickup. Nice guy.

onecoin
03-04-2009, 09:09 AM
BotCon is garbage. I hope their exclusives keep sucking worse and worse balls as they continue to release info.

aprim
03-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Yes, botcon this year is a let down.
I do like the convention, 2007. 2008 was great for me. 2007 dealer room was amazing, while 2008 was just ok.

I'm hoping the TFCON becomes a yearly thing for me.

Aernaroth
03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
He didn't have a Weirdwolf tail last year ;)

Cheers!
-Ian

You probably didnt get there fast enough. Someone else bought it first. :P

But seriously, the TFcon dealer room is awesome, and with the 80s Toy Expo on Sunday, its going to be even better. There will great deals, strange and exotic items, and things from the start of G1 to the latest items of today.

zuffyprime
03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
hey, glad you'll be coming to the con this year =)
I've been to 3 botcon's myself, while they are really fun, nothing compares to TFcon.

when TFcon comes, it is the day I look forward to more than any other day of the year, more than christmas, more than my birthday, and this year being a two day show, with an amazing exclusive it gets even better.

Even though Joel and BBTS wont be there, there is a very large online toy dealer from our area called "Kool Toys" that will be there. his name is Sheraz, and last year I picked up the henkei astrotrain which was sold out everywhere else.

I spent about $500 last year, but I've heard several people spend up to 2 grand.

In past years I have bought prototypes of new molds, as well as an Overlord European Exclusive figure from the G1 line.

Also, if you had the money for it was somebody who had a g1 fort max.

hope that helps, if you're coming, don't forget to do the pre-registration, and sign up for the pizza party night... its a great way to meet fellow board members! hope to see you there,
cheers,
zp:D

General Tekno
03-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Is Automaton Toys gonna be there?

I know they're a pretty new retailer, but they seem to have good prices online plus good stock of the newer stuff. If there's one thing that was hard to find at TFCon last year, it was Henkeis (they went fast).

Super_Megatron
03-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Is Automaton Toys gonna be there?

I know they're a pretty new retailer, but they seem to have good prices online plus good stock of the newer stuff. If there's one thing that was hard to find at TFCon last year, it was Henkeis (they went fast).

I suggest emailing them and telling them they should come.

jonnycon
03-05-2009, 12:17 AM
For those experienced TFcon dealer room goers did you any masterpiece figures? hoping to pick up... you guessed it, Grimlock. Also anyother delights my eyes may happen to fall upon.

GMfan
03-05-2009, 12:37 AM
I would be stupefied if you couldn't find a Masterpiece Grimlock at this years TFcon.

Protoman
03-05-2009, 12:49 AM
For those experienced TFcon dealer room goers did you any masterpiece figures? hoping to pick up... you guessed it, Grimlock. Also anyother delights my eyes may happen to fall upon.

There is plenty every year, I remember the 2007 show when Megatron was "all the rage". Everyone got one. 2008 was all about the Universe 2.0 stuff...... what will it be this year? DUN DUN DUN!

Aernaroth
03-05-2009, 01:02 AM
There is plenty every year, I remember the 2007 show when Megatron was "all the rage". Everyone got one. 2008 was all about the Universe 2.0 stuff...... what will it be this year? DUN DUN DUN!

Of course, I remember the year there was only a single galaxy force primus, so there's something to be said about competition and coming early as well.

In terms of Masterpiece items, however, they're popular every year, and if they're out by then, odds are extremely good you'll find them at TFcon.

Sideswipe
03-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Last year there was a fair number of Hasbro Screamers. There were few alternator ravage / rumbles though...

there was one guy in 2007 who unveiled a crapload of magnus vs skywarp packs mid saturday. me and purple-bot each got one for a great price. kinda wish i had bought 2 or 3 now. Oh well, I am happy with my one set. beats the crap out of traking one down now a das for 90 bones. that and my city commander actually has a use. so glad i didnt trade Magnus away when i first got the set, as i originally only wanted it for skywarp.

phew.

HEY. What ever happened to that upgrade set to the city commander upgrade set? The one with the new head, and missile launches, and gun and sword?

brr-icy
03-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Last year there was a fair number of Hasbro Screamers. There were few alternator ravage / rumbles though...

there was one guy in 2007 who unveiled a crapload of magnus vs skywarp packs mid saturday. me and purple-bot each got one for a great price. kinda wish i had bought 2 or 3 now. Oh well, I am happy with my one set. beats the crap out of traking one down now a das for 90 bones. that and my city commander actually has a use. so glad i didnt trade Magnus away when i first got the set, as i originally only wanted it for skywarp.

phew.

HEY. What ever happened to that upgrade set to the city commander upgrade set? The one with the new head, and missile launches, and gun and sword?

lol, i got purplebot's set, the upgrade set i seen like that was horrible, really bad quality on the head (joker smile)

Sideswipe
03-05-2009, 03:30 AM
is it to be found anywhere anymore?

I want the missikles and gun (and will take the swrd anyways)

no i am not buying g1 magnus missiles for him.

Mike
03-05-2009, 08:15 AM
I've never been to a convention before, but Im trying my best to get to this one for saturday morning so I can do some shopping and find some bots I've been looking for! I really hate buying online (unless its from another member or a message board I post on) so things are hard to find for me.

Things im looking to buy are original Beast Wars, Henkei Prime, Ratchet and Ironhide, Universe Hound, Encore Soundwave, Megatron, All 3 Seekers, Ironhide, Trailerbreaker. Any 84/85 re-issues that are a decent price ($150 for bookstyle insecticons isn't a decent price, but I'll pay $90ish). and im looking for some RID toys.

Solscud007
03-05-2009, 09:50 AM

phew.

really? dang, I bought my second UM/Skywarp two pack just a few weeks ago at a vintage toy store. MISB didnt have a price tag so the owner said $35 bucks.

I used my older magnus for my custom powered convoy blue prime.

Iron Moose
03-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Things im looking to buy are original Beast Wars, Henkei Prime, Ratchet and Ironhide, Universe Hound, Encore Soundwave, Megatron, All 3 Seekers, Ironhide, Trailerbreaker. Any 84/85 re-issues that are a decent price ($150 for bookstyle insecticons isn't a decent price, but I'll pay $90ish). and im looking for some RID toys.

You will be incredibly happy.

Aernaroth
03-05-2009, 02:09 PM
You will be incredibly happy.

Kid in a candy store happy.

General Tekno
03-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Kid in a candy store happy.
This.

I found SO much Beast Wars stuff I was looking for last year...

Of course, I lost a missile in the dealer room. And didn't realise it until after the 'con.

Nightscrabbler
03-05-2009, 02:32 PM
No. He will be unhappy.*

*Hype it DOWN.