PDA

View Full Version : Parts Party anyone?

Solscud007
02-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Now that TFCON secured the best exclusive ever, It has solidified my resolve to go to TFCon now.

I wont be staying at the DoubleTree but Im wondering who is planning on having a parts party?

is it like Botcon? Will it be in someone's hotel room? No not that kind of "party" I mean at botcon TFW members Gen1fan and Megamus opened their hotel room to a really great parts party. It was a lot of fun and they had some great stuff. Im hoping someone is planning on something like that for TFcon.

Post up if you plan on trading parts and other TF stuff.

Nightscrabbler
02-28-2009, 10:26 AM
We will have a Parts Party as we have done in the past. I must mention that the rule, of course, is that exchanging money is not allowed during the parts party for the obvious reason that it would not be fair to the dealers who have paid for a table to sell.

It will not be held in a hotel room, but somewhere in the convention area. Stay tuned for details.

Solscud007
02-28-2009, 10:29 AM
thanks for the quick reply. How about trading parts for colored slips of paper that just happen to have numbers on them? haha J/K

aprim
02-28-2009, 11:28 AM
cool count me IN

JLvatron
02-28-2009, 01:18 PM
thanks for the quick reply. How about trading parts for colored slips of paper that just happen to have numbers on them? haha J/K

Slip a few of those papers to me and we'll consider it. ;)

The answer will still be NO, but I will have 'considered' it. :D

Protoman
02-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Just be sure to be there, it's more then just a parts party. It's also gaming, laughing and just plain fun, and not just in a small hotel room but a large area outside the convention dealer room.

Aernaroth
02-28-2009, 02:52 PM

Only if you're trading them to the convention, and instead of a part, you're getting a dealer table.

Honestly, the experience is a lot more fun if you limit yourself to parts, and have to work out wacky 3-way trades and stuff. You meet more people that way too.

Echotransformer
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
I went last year and it was fun...will be there with lots of odds and ends again this year. :-)

Stormrave
02-28-2009, 05:47 PM
I have a few old TFs that I may bring to trade, assuming I don't subject them all to appearances in my diorama this year....

Aernaroth
02-28-2009, 06:28 PM
I went last year and it was fun...will be there with lots of odds and ends again this year. :-)

Depends on who comes. I'll probably be there with some strange things...

Protoman
03-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Last year I held a Transformers The Movie DS Battle for the Allspark battle..... in which only Vangelus and GMFan101 came and kicked my butt. Poor Autobot Proto..... I guess racers can't deal with robot battles

General Tekno
03-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Who's doing the trivia this year?

As if nobody's stepped up I wouldn't mind putting together an Animated trivia contest.

I'd love to do something that's really, really hard. Which is doable, as I could make it include Seasons 1,2, Wyatt's blog, various interviews and panels, "The Arrival", the Jetstorm/Jetfire comic, the audio commentaries on the DVDs, and really pull some hard questions out of the proverbial hat. And if it's out by then, there's always the Allspark Almanac as well -that will probably have some tidbits in it.

All without Season 3 included! (Although I COULD include what had aired to date for a few bonus questions or something)

GMfan
03-01-2009, 04:35 AM
Last year I held a Transformers The Movie DS Battle for the Allspark battle..... in which only Vangelus and GMFan101 came and kicked my butt. Poor Autobot Proto..... I guess racers can't deal with robot battles

Shall we go for round 2? :P (Oh lord where did I put that DS and TF game?!? Damn iPod touch has taken over my life)

Who's doing the trivia this year?

We already have several old and new games, contests, and panels planned for this years show with many of the famous (or infamous) names from cybertron.ca

onecoin
03-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Every year you guys!!!!!! Holy. Can you not spell?!!! "Pants" is spelled with an "N" not and "R". They're not even close to each other on a keyboard.

Solscud007
03-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Every year you guys!!!!!! Holy. Can you not spell?!!! "Pants" is spelled with an "N" not and "R". They're not even close to each other on a keyboard.

Haha well you are welcome to host your very own TFCON PANTS PARTY in your hotel room.