PDA

View Full Version : TFCon Exclusive question

General Tekno
02-28-2009, 01:34 AM
So, Powered Commander... out of curiosity, does he have a faceplate?

Secondly, THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU TFCon organisers! This is the BEST exclusive you could have possibly come up with.

I am incredibly glad I chose this over Botcon now.

Code of Honor
02-28-2009, 02:10 AM
That last sentence makes all the hard work worth it. I'm not sure about the faceplate though, We'll look into it.

JaySmith
02-28-2009, 02:49 AM
Say what...? So the TFCon Exclusive will be the FansProject Powered Convoy?

brr-icy
02-28-2009, 02:55 AM
yup, awesome exclusive

General Tekno
02-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Say what...? So the TFCon Exclusive will be the FansProject Powered Convoy?
See the frontpage.

Yes, it will.

And I am estatic about it.

I await Vangelus bragging about getting one at TFCon on the next WTF@TFW podcast to his American compatriots.

GMfan
02-28-2009, 03:07 AM
Told ya it was a good one...I'm not always ranting :P

JaySmith
02-28-2009, 03:11 AM
So how does one whom won't be attending, obtain such a sought after accessory? :p

GMfan
02-28-2009, 03:18 AM
Pay the rediculous inflatted price it will be on ebay thanks to the limited numbers? Thats usually what happens in these convention exclusive cases.

Sideswipe
02-28-2009, 03:23 AM
wow. i really hope i can go. how much is it going for? or is that to be revealed at a later time?

GMfan
02-28-2009, 03:26 AM
150 bones and that includes your admission to both Saturday and Sunday as well as gets you into the Friday night events

blitz
02-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Pay the rediculous inflatted price it will be on ebay thanks to the limited numbers? Thats usually what happens in these convention exclusive cases.Or can we actually pre-register and pay the 150 bone (just for the exclusive and give away my weekend admission) and somehow arrange somebody to pick it up for us?

aprim
02-28-2009, 09:51 AM
How long until they mail you back the pre reg?

Solscud007
02-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Man this exclusive is what i have been hoping for. Thank you TFCON. Much better than the crap ass Botcon Exclusive. which im getting but still, this is MUCH better.

Nightscrabbler
02-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Much better than the crap ass Botcon Exclusive. which im getting but still

haha :D

Solscud007
02-28-2009, 10:27 AM
haha :D

Right? i mean the past two sets have been fantastic. and then they make "Kup" man LAME. Im a G1 fan first and foremost (well technically more Diaclone and Pre-TF) but still, I do not have high hopes for this year's Botcon set being all that great.

Sadly this will be my first botcon exclusive. I did manage to get Black rodimus last year and im sated with him.

Nightscrabbler
02-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Right? i mean the past two sets have been fantastic. and then they make "Kup" man LAME. Im a G1 fan first and foremost (well technically more Diaclone and Pre-TF) but still, I do not have high hopes for this year's Botcon set being all that great.

I just find it funny that you dislike it, but are buying it anyway.

Solscud007
02-28-2009, 10:32 AM
It is serendipity. I had made a promise to go to my friend's wedding. Im originally from LA and my friend is getting married on May 31. this was set in stone before Botcon announced their date and location. Since i will be in town, it is luck that botcon happens to be on the same weekend and VERY close by to where my parents live. So it is a no brainer. More than likely I will flip the botcon exclusive or trade it for some better toys. Maybe i can get the Henkei Wildrider in a trade haha.

Nemesis Predaking
02-28-2009, 10:41 AM
TFcon to botcon "dear botcon, you are now our bitch!"

Nightscrabbler
02-28-2009, 10:57 AM
It is serendipity. I had made a promise to go to my friend's wedding. Im originally from LA and my friend is getting married on May 31. this was set in stone before Botcon announced their date and location. Since i will be in town, it is luck that botcon happens to be on the same weekend and VERY close by to where my parents live. So it is a no brainer. More than likely I will flip the botcon exclusive or trade it for some better toys. Maybe i can get the Henkei Wildrider in a trade haha.

Oh ok, that's cool.

Animelee
02-28-2009, 11:35 AM
It's just a repainted version, right? Does it come with extra stuff that the other two didn't come with?

How much would this go for on eBay if I can't get it? Probably thousands...:mad:

jourdo
02-28-2009, 11:40 AM
TFcon to botcon "dear botcon, you are now our bitch!"

LOL!

General Tekno
02-28-2009, 01:15 PM
How long until we get the registration forms?

I sent my email off last night...

Protoman
02-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Give it some time, due to the recent news, the flux of emails is massive. Just be patient. I can't blame you, it's awesome ain't it ^_^

Darth Grimlock
02-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah, it's very awesome. I've got everything ready to go once that email comes in and shoot it back. Now I may have to break down and buy an actual Classics or Henkei Prime for the armor.

General Tekno
02-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Yeah, it's very awesome. I've got everything ready to go once that email comes in and shoot it back. Now I may have to break down and buy an actual Classics or Henkei Prime for the armor.

Heh. I need a NEW Henkei Prime to replace my broken one.

silent4life
02-28-2009, 02:37 PM
First off I just want to say THANK YOU TFcon staff members and to Fans Project for the exclusive, can't wait!!!! As asked before, just curious as to when the registration forms will be sent out? Sent my request last night, so now just waiting paitently and checking my e-mail every 30 mins lol

Thanks again, TFCon staff members, looking forward to a great weekend!

Aernaroth
02-28-2009, 02:48 PM
It's just a repainted version, right? Does it come with extra stuff that the other two didn't come with?

How much would this go for on eBay if I can't get it? Probably thousands...:mad:

There have been hints that it may include extra accessories that City and Shadow Commander did not have.

As for a speculation on ebay pricing, who knows. But it'd probably be cheaper to just come to TFcon.

GMfan
02-28-2009, 02:57 PM
I'll tell you now it will be cheaper to get it at the show because with only 500 piece ebay prices will be hiiiiigh

Animelee
02-28-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm definitely getting it!! There is nothing in my way!

Nightscrabbler
03-01-2009, 11:35 AM
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showpost.php?p=113004&postcount=39

Thanks to everyone for your interest in TFcon 2009. We are in the process of reworking our registration form to ensure that it answers all the questions that have been presented by everyone. We hope to have that completed today after the event staff have had a chance to review it. It's expected that the reworked form will be available by the end of the weekend. Thanks for your patience as we do our best to prepare for the biggest TFcon ever!

UltraPrimal
03-01-2009, 03:47 PM
I hope he comes with the faceplate and sword that Nemesis had. A faceplate would be more suitable for Prime and the sword would be a good replacement for his axe. And I hope comes with those missile launchers he had in that little piece of art a while back.

RavageX-9
03-23-2009, 01:30 AM
I was curious whether they would announce when they've sold out [60% or 80% or whatever] of the exclusives. (like BotCon did)

If for some reason they're not all preregistered for, will they be keeping track of who already bought one so that people that hadn't bought one get in line first? Will extras be limited to 1 each, but no limit on how many times you can get back in line? (that's the way they handle BotCon sourvenir sets)

I'm guessing they'll at least announce how many extras there are when prereg ends. ...? or that there are extras of undisclosed amount?

Super_Megatron
03-23-2009, 02:11 PM
There will be no limit for the number of exclusives people can purchase at the show. Everyone has been given the opportunity to reserve the exclusive in advance so there is no need.

faustx
03-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Is this item an actual "exclusive", meaning that it will be sold nowhere else, ever?

GMfan
03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
That is what exclusive means, so yes, there will be no other general release in these colours in any shape, form, and capacity.

Solscud007
03-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Not that im complaining but how come we havent seen some pics of the new accessories yet? other than the drawing that FP put up.

GMfan
03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Funny you ask

http://www.fansproject.com/?page_id=219

Solscud007
03-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah just saw that. But I wonder if the pics were posted cause I asked the question first? haha who cares. It looks awesome. Thank you TFCON for this amazing exclusive. makes up for the crap at Botcon.

JLvatron
04-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Thank you TFCON for this amazing exclusive. makes up for the crap at Botcon.

Bot who?? ;)

Solscud007
04-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Bot who?? ;)

more like "bot what now?" wings of crap.

rid
04-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Is this item an actual "exclusive", meaning that it will be sold nowhere else, ever?

That is what exclusive means, so yes, there will be no other general release in these colours in any shape, form, and capacity.

Somehow, I knew this was gonna happen: not so "exclusive" anymore (http://www.kooltoyz.ca/tfcon_pconvoy.html)
(original thread here (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=14586))

Aernaroth
04-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Somehow, I knew this was gonna happen: not so "exclusive" anymore (http://www.kooltoyz.ca/tfcon_pconvoy.html)

In that same thread, it was stated that they are getting the toys from TFcon. If BBTS or TFsource sells a botcon set, is the botcon set no longer exclusive? If a convention attendee buys extra sets and sells them is it no longer exclusive?

UltraMagnus69
04-03-2009, 12:15 PM
any word yet on what the figure will be for the customizing class?

rid
04-03-2009, 12:53 PM
In that same thread, it was stated that they are getting the toys from TFcon. If BBTS or TFsource sells a botcon set, is the botcon set no longer exclusive? If a convention attendee buys extra sets and sells them is it no longer exclusive?
Well, if an item is exclusive to TFCon it means only TFcon can commercially sell it. If it is possible to get it from Kooltoyz, I'd say it is general realease. If it were sold from one person to another, i wouldn't have considered it to break the exclusivity. But exclusive means no other retailer should be allowed to resell. It is within the power of the supplier to put such restriction on the sale of the item.

If an attendee buys multiple copies and sells it back, that's not general release. If a well known commercial store buys several copies with the intention of reselling it, that's general release. So if BBTS and TFSource sells BotCon sets, it's no longer exclusive.

Again, it is within the power of the supplier to put a restriction of the toy preventing it from being sold commercially. Thereby preserving the exclusivity status of the toy.

But this is just my opinion.

JLvatron
04-03-2009, 12:56 PM

Er, that doesn't undo the exclusivity in any way, dude! :)

Online stores will always buy exclusive toys (BotCon, TFcon, ComicCon) and resell them at a justifiable profit.

It's still 100% exclusive because the convention is the only place for you to purchase it at the original non-mark-upped price.

GMfan
04-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Well, if an item is exclusive to TFCon it means only TFcon can commercially sell it. If it is possible to get it from Kooltoyz, I'd say it is general realease. If it were sold from one person to another, i wouldn't have considered it to break the exclusivity. But exclusive means no other retailer should be allowed to resell. It is within the power of the supplier to put such restriction on the sale of the item.

That is not how exclusives work at all. BBTS gets Botcon sets, that say "Botcon" right on it. That's not a general release because it comes from the original batch of limited numbers. This set will have "TFcon exclusive" right on the box, meaning the only place one could ORIGINALLY get them is TFcon.

This isn't a matter of opinion, that's how an exclusive works. Anyone can buy it from the original source and resell it should they choose to. A general release would be if it was offered to many retailers from the manufacturer. Since this is not the case, this is not a general release.

Phalanx
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Well, if an item is exclusive to TFCon it means only TFcon can commercially sell it. If it is possible to get it from Kooltoyz, I'd say it is general realease.

The sets were produced exclusively for TFcon, even the Kooltoyz site makes that clear. Kooltoyz is getting their sets from TFcon, and they're getting them no earlier and (presumably) no cheaper than the average convention goer. They're being treated no differently than any fan who purchased a bunch for resale themselves. A 'general' release would imply that Kooltoyz bought theirs directly from a distrubuter and were offering their sets at competitive prices, this is not the case.

As noted BBTS (and other sites) sells Botcon (and SDCC) exclusives,

It is within the power of the supplier to put such restriction on the sale of the item.Right, and the supplier (FansProject) is setting a limit of 500 sets. These 500 sets are TFcons to do with as they please, therefore they are still TFcon exclusive sets.

If an attendee buys multiple copies and sells it back, that's not general release. If a well known commercial store buys several copies with the intention of reselling it, that's general release.Not so much. See explanation above.

So if BBTS and TFSource sells BotCon sets, it's no longer exclusive.

Except that it is... You still had to show up at the con to get them first. BBTS, TFSource what have you still had to 'wait in line' just like any fan purchasing.

Again, it is within the power of the supplier to put a restriction of the toy preventing it from being sold commercially. Thereby preserving the exclusivity status of the toy.
And again, the supplier is FansProject which is limiting the number to 500, which will all belong to TFCon first, ergo they're still a TFCon exclusive by every defintion of the term.

But this is just my opinion.Which is wrong. :p

(I kid... about the opinion bit, everything else is quite serious)

RavageX-9
04-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Will TFcon accept credit cards when buying the exclusive in person?
(Looks like I won't be able to attend, so I'm trying to find out for anyone I ask to buy it for me. =( )

Bruticus82
04-03-2009, 02:49 PM
This just seems to be a dispute about the use of the term general release versus exclusive release. There seems to be a difference of opinion as to what exclusive release means.

Consider the circumstance of "target exclusives" if they're sold by kooltoyz does that mean they are no longer Zellers/target exclusives?

I don't think that legally TFCon, or any other retailer could prevent commercial resale. Stores try all the time by saying "no dealers please" or stickers that say "not for resale" and that kind of thing, but there is no legal ability to encumber personal property in that sort of way. You could make everyone sign a contract, but for the value of the property in question it wouldn't be worth it.

Super_Megatron
04-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Will TFcon accept credit cards when buying the exclusive in person?
No.

RavageX-9
04-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Ok. Looks like I was too late to preregister. (Sorry. I really did not think it would be possible for me to come at all.)

What day will the extras be available for sale, and at what time?

Will those that have no preregistered have to get in a different line to register before they can buy it, or can they buy it while they register?

I'm guessing you have to register in order to get it, and you don't get the advantage of attendance being included with the cost of the exclusive, the way you did with preregistration?