PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated toyline - Cancelled?

Super_Megatron
02-26-2009, 03:40 AM
Transformers Animated toyline - Cancelled? (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/transformers-animated-toyline---cancelled-166918/)

Category: Animated

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-26-2009, 07:26 AM
WHAT!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY HASBRO? WHY?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

QuadESL63
02-26-2009, 07:28 AM
Crap! We may not even see Arcee at all. Such a decent Arcee figure :(

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-26-2009, 07:33 AM
wait does this mean no shockwave?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(why hasbro why would you do such a thing?:(:mad::eek::confused:

aximili
02-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Damnit! We're already 2 waves behind on Animated. At least give us what's left. It sucks if we don't get any new characters made, but I can live with that. But I'll be irritated if all the stuff out now in the US never comes here.

SimonMK
02-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Damn it! I wanted Blazing Lockdown, Purple Shockwave, Samurai Prowl, Waspinator, Electrostatic Shockwave and Swindle. :(

I thought the Animated line sold well? I don't want to start paying over-priced TFA toys that were never released in Canada at EBay...

CobraCommander
02-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Here's hopes that SQ1 gets what left @ discounted prices!

Animelee
02-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro.

I hate HABRO!!

jacobot
02-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Here's hopes that SQ1 gets what left @ discounted prices!

No wonder they are clearing out the Supremes;)

Big mistake Hasbr:mad:

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-26-2009, 10:10 AM
I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro. I hate Hasbro.

I hate HABRO!!

exacly what i said!!!!!! MEESA HATESA HASBROSA!!!!!!! oh i mean I HATE HASBRO!!!!!!

QuadESL63
02-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Damn it! I wanted Blazing Lockdown, Purple Shockwave, Samurai Prowl, Waspinator, Electrostatic Shockwave and Swindle. :(

I thought the Animated line sold well? I don't want to start paying over-priced TFA toys that were never released in Canada at EBay...

Get these from online dealers in Canada and down in the States then where most of these are still available. Or get these from comic book/hobby shops around town.

I'm more worry about the unreleased figures like Arcee. Damn... when I though we would get a decent Arcee figure... and no hope for the Animated Dai Atlas :(

I know I will get flamed by this but I'd rather see more new TFA figures (and Universe) than most of the distorted RoTF Movie toys that we have seen so far except for Sideswipe.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-26-2009, 10:11 AM
i bet they will ship the new wave here that we didn't get yet.and does this mean no *sniff* omega supreme? :( *cries*

Nocturn
02-26-2009, 10:15 AM
NO. NO. NO. NO.

What's funny here is that, based on what I've gathered from collectors opinions, ROTF is gonna live on shelves for a while...

tusko
02-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Unfortunate.
This line was a big hit with my nephews and niece. All are under 6 years old.
Movie line was a little too mature for them. These toys were simplistic, bright, symmetric and funny. Its a shame that aesthetic is being passed up.

Cheers Ian
02-26-2009, 10:26 AM
I had a feeling this would be happening.

I think Hasbro is moving most of their energy and resources into the movie based lines because the movie stuff is a huge cash cow for them.

I also have a feeling that the next Animated series will be set/in the style of the Bayformers.

Cheers!
-Ian

Bruticus82
02-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Unfortunate.
This line was a big hit with my nephews and niece. All are under 6 years old.
Movie line was a little too mature for them. These toys were simplistic, bright, symmetric and funny. Its a shame that aesthetic is being passed up.

I agree, it's been really popular with the little ones around here too. You'd think Hasbro would want to give it a little more time. Getting them hooked when they're young makes them collectors for life. We're perfect examples of that!

Robimus
02-26-2009, 11:37 AM
This is really odd. It's like they decided during Season 2's run that the show was done, the toys were done. It's a shame really and it has to make you wonder why even bother with Season 3 at all?

Maybe it has to do with the "economic downturn" as well, I dunno:confused: The toys sure sold well around Winnipeg.....

And we still have movie deluxes on some Walmart shelves in the city because the stores refused to blow them out, sheesh:rolleyes:

brr-icy
02-26-2009, 12:22 PM
all hail the revenge of the shelfwarmers, i said hail! i hate the movie line, bad choice hasbro

BadJeff
02-26-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm bummed about no possibility of the Omega Supreme figure but otherwise not heartbroken.

renegade_decepticon
02-26-2009, 12:37 PM
MAN! hasbro needs to get their act together, there really are going to lose customers and fans over this, lets hope season 3 gives out it's best.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
02-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Apocalypse!!!

But yeah, could be some dark days ahead for TF collectors, unless you're a big fan of the movie line that's all we'll be seeing for like a year.

Btw this announcement is referring a lot more to future releases (Arcee, and the whole cast of season 3 characters: Rodimus, Cyclonus, etc.) than the status of non-releases from what has already been produced here in Canada. So I think there's still a decent chance we get all that stuff (Blurr, Shockwave, etc.), and if not it will have to do with retailers' decisions and such.

pandaprime
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
now we get more time and money for other lines then?

(unless this was the only line you collected....)

crimbot
02-26-2009, 01:05 PM
This does suck a lot. Man,.. I really hope that we manage to get the rest of the animated toys at least. Dag. Dag!
I was really really hoping for an Omega Supreme. I cant believe that they wasted Supreme class on stupid roll out prime.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-26-2009, 01:35 PM
well now would be the time to open the matrix.........goodbye TFA........until that day till all are one.

Omega_Prime
02-26-2009, 01:36 PM
OMEGA SUPREME NO!!!! I was also hoping for the other 3 Starscream clones to come out in Voyager class (I know very impossible but a guy can Dream can't he?)

Omega.Prime
02-26-2009, 02:11 PM
w00t! at least now I can make up my mind not to buy into that line... thanks Hasbro for saving my wallet!

GMfan
02-26-2009, 02:44 PM
MAN! hasbro needs to get their act together, there really are going to lose customers and fans over this

Doubt that, Transformers fans will generally find other Transformers they like and will collect them be it future figures or figures they missed in the past. I've never heard the ending of a Transformers show made someone quit collecting.

Btw this announcement is referring a lot more to future releases (Arcee, and the whole cast of season 3 characters: Rodimus, Cyclonus, etc.) than the status of non-releases from what has already been produced here in Canada. So I think there's still a decent chance we get all that stuff (Blurr, Shockwave, etc.), and if not it will have to do with retailers' decisions and such.

Listen to this man! Lets think logically here people, instead of the instant and rediculous "NOOO I HATE HASBRO" etc. The lack of new releases here is more then likely due to retailers not ordering new product. The only thing we have to worry about is whether or not we get all the Animated products by May 29th, 2009 which seems to be the closing date for the line....which means WE HAVE 3 MONTHS STILL TO SEE NEW RELEASES!!!!

I'm pretty sure within 3 months we'll see Blurr, Swindle, Blazing Lockdown, Samurai Prowl, Waspinator, Skywarp, Shockwave, Wreck-gar, Atomic Lugnut, and Roadbuster Ultra Magnus.

Second point on the logic list, Arcee and Electrostatic Soundwave were revealed at the NY Toy fair...Hydrodive Bumblebee and Golfire Grimlock were not even mentioned at the show. Its fair to assume they already knew that those 2 voyagers were going to be cancelled and by showing off Arcee and Soundwave they still knew those two were going to get an eventual release dispite the previous cancellation.

Ultra Maverick
02-26-2009, 02:49 PM
alas with this news another piece of my soul dies....
DAMN HASBRO!

jimsupreme
02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
why!? 'o' no shockwave, no wreckgar & no Arcee!! i'm gonna cry!! >_<

racerguy76
02-27-2009, 01:41 AM
First my wallet is happy.

Second as a newish collector, it makes me happy to have an entire collection so fast. I'm sad to hear the cartoon is over, it was truly awesome. The style and creativity of the series still makes me smile. I would love to see an animated movie cartoon done in a similar design. There is so much potential in that universe.

All good things come to an end, the brighter the star burns the faster it goes out......blah blah blah
________
Full Melt Hash (http://trichomes.org/hashish/full-melt-hash)

JTCh
02-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Oh man! I love TFA, it's what got me back into TF's. Really sad to hear this. I love the line of the toys. Hope we still get the missing waves.

Badgertron
02-27-2009, 03:09 AM
...Guys, it's Kickback. One of the most notorious liars and attention-seekers in the fandom. This is just smoke, so chill.

alexsaurus_rex
02-27-2009, 10:42 AM
How dissapointing, not overly susprising though.

devilsknight
02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
If it's true...BEST NEWS EVER ! Well 2nd best along with the cancellation of Animated !