PDA

View Full Version : eBay question/advice needed.

jourdo
02-12-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm not sure tha best way to handle this, so I could use some advice. I sold some old equipment on eBay (batteries for a curing light). When I last tested everything... it all worked fine. It did sit for a couple months of non use before I decided to finally sell them though. Anyway, long story short... apparently a couple of the batteries I sold do not hold a charge.

I have no real problem giving the refund on this, but is it reasonable to deduct the eBay/paypal fees off of the return? Do you refund the original shipping amount?

What would you do?

TTT
02-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure tha best way to handle this, so I could use some advice. I sold some old equipment on eBay (batteries for a curing light). When I last tested everything... it all worked fine. It did sit for a couple months of non use before I decided to finally sell them though. Anyway, long story short... apparently a couple of the batteries I sold do not hold a charge.

I have no real problem giving the refund on this, but is it reasonable to deduct the eBay/paypal fees off of the return? Do you refund the original shipping amount?

What would you do?Ebay fees: to recover them from eBay you'll have to file a non paying bidder alert which will give you and the buyer an option to say..we mutually agree to cancel the transaction. - eBay fees refunded.(talk that over with the buyer first so they know what's coming ;))

PayPal fees: If you refund any PayPal funds within 30 days the fees are refunded to you. Go to the details/transaction page and scroll all the way to the bottom for the details.

Ask the buyer what they would like(refund wise) and see if you feel it's worth it to refund 100% of the payment or not.
Are they keeping anything you sent ?

Good luck !

jourdo
02-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Are they keeping anything you sent ?

Good luck !

Of the 4 batteries I sent, 2 are coming back. Does half of the shipping seem fair, or the differnce between the cost to ship 2 versus 4?

TTT
02-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Of the 4 batteries I sent, 2 are coming back. Does half of the shipping seem fair, or the differnce between the cost to ship 2 versus 4?If they are no good why send them back ?...who pays for that ?
But yah I would refund the original shipping but only what is above the "base rate" so if it costs you $9.00 to ship 1-2 batteries and $15.00 to ship 4 then I would refund $6.

jourdo
02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
If they are no good why send them back ?...who pays for that ?
But yah I would refund the original shipping but only what is above the "base rate" so if it costs you $9.00 to ship 1-2 batteries and $15.00 to ship 4 then I would refund $6.

He's sending them back, so I can give them back to my supply sales rep. Basically they gave me the batteries in the first place and I have a chance to get them swapped out for new ones.

I took a look at the resolution process that you mentioned, and gave the heads up to the buyer. I told him I wouldn't do anything until I heard back from him (I don't want to blind side him with it).