PDA

View Full Version : Animated Season Three Character Death and Series Finale Confirmed

Super_Megatron
02-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Animated Season Three Character Death and Series Finale Confirmed (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/animated-season-three-character-death-and-series-finale-confirmed-166778/)

Category: Animated

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

JSon
02-10-2009, 01:08 PM
The series ending is very upsetting. It has so much potential to continue on for longer. Hope this will be an extra long season then; it will need to be to fit in all the new characters.

Did they give a reason for it being the final season?

GMfan
02-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Ah crap...looks like our only good TF cartoon since Beast Wars is coming to an end. Hopefully we get something just as good or better for our next one, we get some direct to DVD movies, or we at least find out what was planned for season 4. It'd be nice to know what we had in store.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right, I hope you had the time of your life ;)

Ultra Maverick
02-10-2009, 01:51 PM
RIP Transformers Animated, you were too good for this world,
You will be missed
(places a solitary rose atop his television set)

Oasis
02-10-2009, 02:48 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Now I'll have to buy the DVDs to get my David Kaye fix!!

Dangard Ace
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Hate that they're possibly ending TFA since it's one of the shows that really captured my attention since BW but they gotta do what they gotta do. What I need from them, nay they must do is to release all the TF characters that were in the show as a toy, especially TFA Omega Supreme.

Code of Honor
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Lets keep the spoilers out of here please.

jacobot
02-10-2009, 04:50 PM
:confused::mad::(:p

Nightscrabbler
02-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Since the series is ending anyway, they should make the Decepticons win.

tusko
02-10-2009, 05:31 PM
I wonder if they'll open this up to OVAs?
And how is this going to affect the IDW comic?

GMfan
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
The IDW Animated comic is already cancelled

niteowl
02-10-2009, 07:34 PM
it has to end
the marketable names
have to be recycled.
i guess.

keanu577
02-10-2009, 08:59 PM
....... Pr*** is gonna die?!?! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite character dead! Oh... THis might be better than the death of DinoBot! BUt.... I'll miss TFA....

Nocturn
02-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Eh. Nothing lasts forever.

Decepticon Army
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Too bad, I really enjoyed that series.
I'm really going to miss Bulkhead more than anything. :(

racerguy76
02-10-2009, 09:59 PM
You know, just when I thought they were going in the right direction. If they make an Omega Supreme I won't feel as bad tho. Can't say my wallet is too upset.
________
HONDA F.C. SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_F.C.)

J.Soundwave
02-10-2009, 10:09 PM
That's ass...i shall cherish my TFA toys that much more now.

CobraCommander
02-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Since the series is ending anyway, they should make the Decepticons win.

I agree 100%, let the bad guys win for a change :)

Bruticus82
02-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Well, I know what we should ask in our next "Ask Hasbro"...

I think a lot of fans are very puzzled/perplexed as to why they are cancelling what appears to be a successful show to us. Especially after so few episodes (I say episodes instead of seasons because the seasons have ridiculously few episodes when compared to some of the past transformers series.

Team Jetfire
02-10-2009, 11:13 PM
I really like Animated. To me it was a fresh look at the Transformers franchise. I really hope that Hasbro will contiue the cartoon series format, but who knows what will happen with the current state of the economy.

I guess it is stupid to think that it would last forever, right?

Omega.Prime
02-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Makes perfect sense that they end the series after 3 seasons. I mean, how many times can you reformat old characters and keep the toys selling the same crew over and over again? They need an influx of cash so better end the line and start fresh while it's still hot to get your audience to buy into the next one. I mean, seeing what they did in the past, there's gotta be a new series around the corner anyways...

Omega_Prime
02-11-2009, 12:51 AM
agreed with many earlier post, best series next to beast wars. I honestly thought that Transformers was gonna die after I saw the movie (not a fan) and the first concept pictures of animated. I thought Transformers was dead for sure!

But after giving it a chance I was hooked right away and it was the first series where I actually bought all the toys instead of picking and choosing the ones I liked.

I feel that this series has potential to carry on. They could've kept it going by not reusing names and storylines (unicorn+Galvatron combo) and just make new lovable characters with new names.

I too feel that this series got the short end of the stick by not having longer seasons like the rest of the series.

ohnaji
02-11-2009, 03:15 AM
I can't say I'm sorry to see this go. This series never really clicked with me and the characters at this point haven't developed as well as they should have. I will commend the creators for taking a lot of creative risks, since resulting toyline is among the best ever produced.
Regardless, I think Hasbro may want to shut down this production in favor of something that would more capitalize on the popularity of the films. Or perhaps upgrading an existing line and convert that in to the next animated show. I wouldn't complain if the Classics line became a Saturday morning cartoon.
I hope it ends well at the very least.