PDA

View Full Version : CLASSICS THUNDERCRACKER

Mega-Prime 316
02-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi guys!
I finally got around to doing this repaint. I took the Universe Acidstorm and repainted him over to Thundercracker. I know it has all been done before, but I thought I'd share what I have been up to.:rolleyes:

I tried to paint the stripes on the wings, but I couldn't quite get them right so I improvised a bit. I bought some auto pin stripe sticker rolls and cut them to fit. I also used my Repolables symbols.

So watchya think?

Mega-Prime 316
02-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Hmmm, no love for the T'cracker??:p

Bruticus82
02-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Sorry, I was away all day yesterday. :-p

Awesome job man! The stripes look good. The paint seems a little glossy for my tastes, but I can't tell if it's very thick, or if it's just the flash reflecting off too much, or what it is.

You can also see a few spots you missed with the paint (specifically the close up headshot shows it on the arms, a bit on the silver here and there, etc.). I have to ask, do you take them apart to repaint them? If not, you might want to consider it. It makes repainting a lot easier, especially covering all the spots.

Still, a very nice custom!

punchXcounterpunch
02-07-2009, 10:44 PM
another sick repaint!!1 what paints do you use yo?

Robimus
02-08-2009, 02:51 AM
That looks really good. I want to get going on my own soon, but am getting a backlog:p I gotta finish a couple others and do a Thundercracker. At least I picked up an Acid Storm on sale.:)