PDA

View Full Version : 1st thing you are going to RUSH! to buy @ TFcon 09

renegade_decepticon
12-25-2008, 12:02 AM
at tfcon 2008 most of the people went and bought all the g1 soundwaves right away! lol , so what i am asking is what are going to buy 1st?

My picks: MP-4 Convoy Perfect edtion
and G1 figures

GMfan
12-25-2008, 12:57 AM
I am going to buy Transformers...I dunno which ones but I'll play it by eye

Bruticus82
12-25-2008, 10:19 AM
G1 Computron! Maybe Encore Optimus Prime.

And we'll see after that...

Vangelus
12-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Super_Megatron

Nemesis Predaking
12-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Yup that's me too. I wander aimlessly.
I only picked up a set of G1 Thrust wings, TFcon Litho & Lil Formers Litho last year.

Protoman
12-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Super_Megatron

Shhhh, he is this year's exclusive!

Dark Rage
12-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Shhhh, he is this year's exclusive!

He'll be in the WST Canadian Slag colour's right? We'll prep him up by painting Red and Green/Turquoise all over him.

CobraCommander
12-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm going to try to focus on some remaining G1 and BW figs, oh and perhaps some newer Henkei and Encore stuff :)

Aernaroth
12-26-2008, 05:25 PM
He'll be in the WST Canadian Slag colour's right? We'll prep him up by painting Red and Green/Turquoise all over him.

Sure, if we can find enough edible body paint.

jonnycon
01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
G1 Constructicons...
MP-08 Grimlock... unless the price is better at Kool Toyz or Automaton.

I've never been to TFCon but planning to attend TFCon '09!
Do the dealers at TFCon offer better prices for figures than we find in retail at TRU, Zellers, and Walmart, or online? For example, should I hold off until then to pick up animated shockwave?
Thanks.

Cheers Ian
01-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Hoping to Find

-Beast Wars Rattrap and Transmetal Rattrap
-RID Megatron
-Weirdwolf's Tail and some other random accesories

Might pick up some random G1 stuff if something tickles my fancy.

Cheers!
-Ian

Aernaroth
01-02-2009, 06:53 PM
G1 Constructicons...
MP-08 Grimlock... unless the price is better at Kool Toyz or Automaton.

I've never been to TFCon but planning to attend TFCon '09!
Do the dealers at TFCon offer better prices for figures than we find in retail at TRU, Zellers, and Walmart, or online? For example, should I hold off until then to pick up animated shockwave?
Thanks.

Sometimes, especially if you buy stuff loose. But many of the dealers instead carry imports and rare items you can't get at major stores.

jonnycon
01-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Ok, thanks for the info. :)

Cyber-Kun
01-04-2009, 12:02 PM
I've never been to a TRansformers con before and don't know what to expect, this will be my first. I'm hoping to find a Beast Wars Megatron (Dragon form) and Depthcharge, and hopefully a Alternators Shockwave

Black Cat
01-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Beast Wars and some parts and accessories... and whatever else happens to catch my eye.

onecoin
01-04-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm not totally sure. Do they have booth babes at TFcon

Oasis
01-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Do they have booth babes at TFcon

Depends on your definition of Babes.

Quantum
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Probably some Henkei from Kooltoyz, and MP-07 and 08 if I haven't grabbed them by then. I also want to pick up some Joe stuff on day two. Stoked.

Sideswipe
01-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Looking to finish my G1 Predaking from last year (2 bots to go!)
MAYBE mp Grimlock
Some Henkei including Powerglide, Smokescreen and the minibots.
OH, and the henkei exclusive Dragstrip.

Pascal
01-25-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't have anything "urgent" to buy... If I go, I will probably try to find a few good G1 toys and maybe some A-E-C toys I don't already have...

Cyber-Kun
01-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Any Animated toys I do not have, and probably the Mickey Mouse Transformer and Henkei Dinobot

Ultra Maverick
01-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Definitely some Henkei, Powerglide, Dinobot and Smokescreen,

Hopefully they will have the Target exclusive animated Shockwave by then, done in G1 style colours

And I have got a long list of G1 to look for.

Nightshade83
01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
I'll be looking for more Cassettes to join my Soundwave's Cassette Army of Doom. Hopefully, I'll be able to find some this time that A) aren't going for $40 each and B) aren't knockoffs. Though I did buy a Buzzsaw and Slugfest from one of Brr-icy's contacts last year that were in excellent condition, for decent prices.

I'd like to find a decently priced Trypticon too.

Closer to the date, I'll post a wish list here. I'd prefer to buy from or trade with fellow Cybertron.ca members over dealers anyway.

Cliffjumper69
02-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Anything Beast Wars, G1 Defensor.... :cool:

CJ

UltraMagnus69
02-01-2009, 06:41 PM
hopefully I'll pick up small items...although I said the same thing last year and ended up just buying whatever I saw...

.....carrying big boxes around the convention really sucked!

Iron Moose
02-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Smallest Swoop.

Any Battlestar Galactica Titaniums I see.

I'm sure there'll be some US-only exclusives for the movie, so possibly those.

A whole bunch of reprolabels...

chans formers
02-01-2009, 07:27 PM
last year ended up being six back packs full.this year i estimate only 4 or 5:Dim mostly interested in japanese/imports or exclusives cause i pretty much have all north american released bots.one that does come to mind that i'll be keeping an eye out for is a complete g1 cog to complete my fort max,i just hope i have enough blood to give...:D

Bruticus82
02-01-2009, 07:52 PM
I need a junker trypticon, specifically the purple chest piece that becomes a raised tower...mine is broken... :-(

Darth Grimlock
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm hoping to find a loose Nemesis Breaker/Galvatron for a decent price. Maybe the rest of the Dinobots. But other then that, I'll take things as they come.

Cliffjumper69
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I wonder if they would let me in with a shopping cart, so I dont have to carry boxs this time :p

CJ

General Tekno
02-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Some Henkei stuff, any Animated toys that haven't gotten to Canada yet (that I don't own yet), a replacement Henkei Convoy, some Reprolabels, and who knows what else.

Any chance retailers on Sunday will have Revoltechs? As there's some Gurren Lagann figures I need to still get (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for instance)

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Sure, if we can find enough edible body paint.

Food coloring.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-23-2009, 08:28 AM
too bad i am not going.ME WAN'T HENKEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crobot91
02-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Gobots! :p
seriously :o

Wodicus
02-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I am not sure what I want to get this year. Last year I was able to get everything I wanted plus more and still had cash left over XD.

Well for me the only things sort of on my list are Henkei Skywarp and Thundercracker, and if they have them Dirge and Thrust as well... though I'll have to be very close to the front of the line to grab them I think.

Other then that the last three bots for my G1 PRedacon set and some G1 dinobots if I can prices that would require me to pay in body parts and internal organs!

Mike
02-23-2009, 12:39 PM
I've never been to tfcon before, and I would like to go this year just for the reason of being able to buy some neat toys in person. Im not a big fan of buying online unless its new items, but there are a lot I want, that I would like to just take a look at in person first.

Lets say I just want to go for that sole reason, where exactly would I go, and at what time (best date and time to arrive at the hotel)? I know it's at the Doubletree Hotel which im sure we could locate no problem, will there be signs in the lobby? I just wanna go for the dealers :)

also a question about funds, say you wanted to bring a lot.. does anyone except debit? or is it all cash?

General Tekno
02-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I've never been to tfcon before, and I would like to go this year just for the reason of being able to buy some neat toys in person. Im not a big fan of buying online unless its new items, but there are a lot I want, that I would like to just take a look at in person first.

Lets say I just want to go for that sole reason, where exactly would I go, and at what time (best date and time to arrive at the hotel)? I know it's at the Doubletree Hotel which im sure we could locate no problem, will there be signs in the lobby? I just wanna go for the dealers :)

also a question about funds, say you wanted to bring a lot.. does anyone except debit? or is it all cash?

Dealer room is open Saturday morning. And it's REALLY easy to find where the 'con is in the hotel - it's not too big.

And as for debit... there's an ATM in the hotel. It's a cash-only event, but you can use the ATM.

Nightscrabbler
02-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi Mike,

Cash only. It's really up to the dealers, but I don't know of any who bring debit machines.

You will probably want to pre-register (pre-registration will begin soon) and get there early on Saturday. This way you can get the earlybird entry which gets you into the dealer room before regular registrants, so that you can get a head start at the dealers' tables.

Mike
02-23-2009, 01:32 PM
ok thanks guys :)

I will look into that registration, yes Shan, thanks!

Would I have to register two people if two of us are going?

Nightscrabbler
02-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Yes.

About cash, it's a good idea to take out ample cash from your own bank as the hotel ATM empties out quickly.

Bruticus82
02-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Any advice on the prices there? Having never been to a convention should I expect to be gouged? Should I expect to barter (I'm assuming yes). Should I expect to find deals (I'm assuming no)?

GMfan
02-23-2009, 02:20 PM
I always find deals at the show...it's how they got me hooked...damn drugs they ares

Dawg88
02-23-2009, 02:24 PM
is there a convention exclusive avaliable at this show?

GMfan
02-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Yes.

Dawg88
02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Yes.
any idea what it is? and price ? sorry for all the questions just getting back into transformers

General Tekno
02-23-2009, 02:38 PM
any idea what it is? and price ? sorry for all the questions just getting back into transformers

I have a feeling they aren't ready to say...

The very fact we're GETTING an exclusive is news. And it doesn't seem to have been officially announced other than on these boards.

GMfan
02-23-2009, 03:02 PM
I know exactly what we're getting, and soon so will all of you. But you are right, this has yet to be announced else where. Don't ya feel special when I give you some exclusive news?

Dawg88
02-23-2009, 03:08 PM
cool thanx for the info can't wait to here what it is ...then try to get one somehow might be the hard part

GMfan
02-23-2009, 03:25 PM
It will be if you don't come to the show, they will be in limited numbers

General Tekno
02-23-2009, 03:26 PM
With that in mind, GMFan101, I assume preregistration is mailin like last year?

I ask as if there's an exclusive, it's going to make mail logistically more difficult.

GMfan
02-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Don't worry, we got it under control

Stormrave
02-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Hm, I'm actually not sure this year. Unlike two years ago when I was a masterpiece-seeking missile, I've not got any toys I'm dying to buy (or rather, those I would be interested in are out of my price range.) This year I'll be easy to please...classics hound if I haven't found him in-store yet, some art, some robot heroes or PVCs.

Animelee
02-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Hmm, I would hope Animated Snarl, Swoop, Sentinel Prime, Elite Guard Bumblebee, Jazz, Oil Slick, Ultra Magnus, Shadow Blade Megatron, Cliffjumper, Blurr, Swindle, Shockwave, Skywarp, Sunstorm, G1 Shockwave, Wreck-Gar, Atomic Lugnut, Samurai Prowl and Waspinator would be there!

Also, some Henkei, Beast Wars, Masterpieces and others would be awesome! Oh, and if there are custom TFs, that'd be crazy, too!!

I'm hoping for a cheap MP-04 Prime!

Aernaroth
02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Smallest Swoop.

Any Battlestar Galactica Titaniums I see.

I'm sure there'll be some US-only exclusives for the movie, so possibly those.

A whole bunch of reprolabels...

You may want to send them an email with what you want, and maybe they can make up a package for you to pick up so they don't run out of the ones you're looking for.

Some Henkei stuff, any Animated toys that haven't gotten to Canada yet (that I don't own yet), a replacement Henkei Convoy, some Reprolabels, and who knows what else.

Any chance retailers on Sunday will have Revoltechs? As there's some Gurren Lagann figures I need to still get (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for instance)

TTGL? Tough call, there's been revoltechs in the past, but mainly the TF ones. It'll also depend on if the new ones are out by then.

General Tekno
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
You may want to send them an email with what you want, and maybe they can make up a package for you to pick up so they don't run out of the ones you're looking for.

TTGL? Tough call, there's been revoltechs in the past, but mainly the TF ones. It'll also depend on if the new ones are out by then.

Well, I'm referring to Sunday because non-TF dealers will be out hten.

And TTGL came out last year I think.

Solscud007
02-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Hope there isnt any contest with me but my list is as follows:

Alternity Convoy
Mickey Convoy
Henkei Hound

Black Cat
02-28-2009, 11:34 PM
I now have one more thing to look for: Classics Magnus.

Green Lantern
03-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Henkei Optimus (slim chances on this one with the exclusive and all)
Henkei Cyclonus
Henkei Hound
Smallest Swoop and Sludge
and random things that catch my eye

Aernaroth
03-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Well, I'm referring to Sunday because non-TF dealers will be out hten.

And TTGL came out last year I think.

Again, tough call. I think the focus on Sunday is going to be "80s" toys (star wars, gi joe, transformers, etc), though I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some anime revoltechs.

*Looks at full drillized version of Revoltech GL*

Gurren Lagann did, true. But TTGL is coming soon, along with some others from the show...

General Tekno
03-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Again, tough call. I think the focus on Sunday is going to be "80s" toys (star wars, gi joe, transformers, etc), though I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some anime revoltechs.

*Looks at full drillized version of Revoltech GL*

Gurren Lagann did, true. But TTGL is coming soon, along with some others from the show...

...he isn't out yet? Seriously? I thought he was... I know Enki and Lazengann are out (waiting on Enki myself) but still... huh.

Code of Honor
03-03-2009, 12:47 PM
TTGL has been out for a while. More new Revoltech GL's will be coming out sometime this year.

General Tekno
03-03-2009, 01:17 PM
TTGL has been out for a while. More new Revoltech GL's will be coming out sometime this year.

That's what I thought.

Well, hopefully someone has him. He looks awesome indeed.

Super_Megatron
03-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Not rushing but Kool Toyz has my MP Grimlock on hold to pick up at the Con.

General Tekno
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM

...now that's an idea. I should consider ordering some stuff to pick up at the 'con or something.

Nightscrabbler
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM

How much does that go for anyway?
What about MP Megatron?

GMfan
03-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Mp Megatron $100-120
Mp Grimlock ~$150

Super_Megatron
03-05-2009, 01:54 PM
How much does that go for anyway?
What about MP Megatron?

I have extra MP Megatrons if you or anyone else want one.

Nightscrabbler
03-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Cool, when I have an income again I will likely take you up on that.

Articuplex
03-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Are prices of items like MP Grimlock and universe figures going to be the same we would pay buying from a store? I've had the impression for some reason that figures will be priced a bit lower in the dealer room vs physical and online stores, this impression is wrong isn't it. If it is I'll just order online so I don't have to carry big heavy Grimlock home with me.

I'll be rushing to find a city commander or shadow commander, something to go along with powered commander, what are the chances of that.
Also, I'll be grabbing a hound and cyclonus, and ... well you know anything else awesome... G1 devastator parts

brr-icy
03-09-2009, 04:27 AM
Are prices of items like MP Grimlock and universe figures going to be the same we would pay buying from a store? I've had the impression for some reason that figures will be priced a bit lower in the dealer room vs physical and online stores, this impression is wrong isn't it. If it is I'll just order online so I don't have to carry big heavy Grimlock home with me.

it will be cheaper than online or in a store, not by much (maybe save you shipping or 10-20 less) but it will be the one thing...the only thing that i get lol

Tekkamanraiden
03-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Starscream.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-09-2009, 02:49 PM
For those asking about prices, I find they vary a lot. Especially for older/vintage stuff. Some sell at what can be considered very high prices, so say for a MISB G1 item the price might be even higher than ebay sorts of prices, but others might be selling their collection and looking to get rid of it all at the one show, and their prices might be lower.

So take a loose complete figure, say G1 Springer, you might find him for $50 somewhere and $100 somewhere else. Remember quality/condition can vary, and for any given figure you might randomly not find it at all.

Things can be really hit and miss/based on luck/tons or none, etc.

New foreign/import releases might vary by $5 or $10 but will be fairly standard (if MP Grimlock is in short supply, expect the dealers who get him directly to sell out fast and other dealers to have one or two on their table later in the day for $15-40 more expensive.

For new domestic releases, you will find the odd $20 for a deluxe sort of thing, but should at least be able to save on tax if not get some deals for a little under Cdn retail.

UltraMarknus
03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I keep thinking about this and can't think of what I really want. MP Grimlock will be out of my price range because I will be getting the Powered Convoy. I do need some G1 seeker accessories though. If I can find a complete G1 Screamer and/or Tcracker, that would be nice.

I know my head will spin seeing all the TF goodness when I get in the showroom.

I may bring my daughter this year if my buddy dosen't make it, so I would buy her something first.

....I may need to start auctioning some stuff to make some money hahaha

chans formers
03-09-2009, 03:38 PM
i may actually break down and buy the gasket/grommet/cog combiner to finish my fort max.i just dont know if i can save up enough in time by donating blood;p

Sideswipe
03-10-2009, 12:00 AM
everything in my sig, plus maybe

mp grimlock
mp tcracker
custom prime trailer (universe) with the detachable roller

renegade_decepticon
03-10-2009, 12:15 AM
i think i changed my mind on some things that im going to get, i think getting the masterpiece 4 prime package is out of my price range and MP grimlock will sell out in a heartbeat XD i have no problem waiting untill it gets released at the aura model shop in downtown T.O.

the tf's im getting are:

MP-7 Thundercracker
shadow command set
some G1 figures
henkei cyclonus
RID prowl and thats it!

Articuplex
03-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm thinking my want list is more than my afford list... so I'll see what's there, shadow command armour (to go with powered commander armour) ... maybe... we'll see what's there.

Dangard Ace
03-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Most likely Macross toys. Encore Trailbreaker. Probably a red armor Jetfire piece. TF Animated stuff that I don't have yet. That's about it.

aprim
03-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Looking for a Diaclone powered convoy (good luck) henkeis..

jonnycon
03-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Exactly.
Hopefully, what catches my will be a deal.

UltraMagnus69
03-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I've made up my mind.....and I kicked myself for not getting one last year from Russ.

FORT MAX !!!!!!!

Cliffjumper69
03-16-2009, 08:47 PM
With bills, student loans, and the recession, looks like Im only getting Powered Commander this year :mad:

CJ

malteselegacy
04-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I will be rushing to find either G1 Weirdwolf or Highbrow complete!

MisBio12
04-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Im either buying some G1s and mainly buying classics botcons Beast wars animated maybe Mp grimlock if they have

Bruticus82
04-06-2009, 08:02 PM
I've made up my mind.....and I kicked myself for not getting one last year from Russ.

FORT MAX !!!!!!!

Ooh, good luck UM! Hope you grab one that doesn't cost your soul. ;-)

I think I'm going to hold off on buying one myself until after I pay off my student loans.

tusko
04-06-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm not really looking for anything but am very curious to see what will be available. I need some parts, Jetfire arm guard, Red Alert Missle launcher, Ravage missle.
Otherwise I'd like that City commander Armour exclusive but I didn't preregister. Encore Metroplex would also be nice.
I'm just curious about the event.

Omega_Prime
04-06-2009, 08:22 PM
The first thing I'm going to rush to is two Powered Commander at the Pre-reg desk :D, after that we'll see from there but mostly Beast Wars Mainly Japs, some remaining RID and hopefully a MP-04.

BeeBoy29
04-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Im gonna go find some beast wars (starting my collection of these figs this year), and an Rid prime.

Omega_Prime
04-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Im gonna go find some beast wars (starting my collection of these figs this year), and an Rid prime.

RID Prime is so awesome especially if you have Magnus. I'm already on my 3rd set of them and looking for a 4th :D. Good investment.

BeeBoy29
04-06-2009, 08:49 PM
RID Prime is so awesome especially if you have Magnus. I'm already on my 3rd set of them and looking for a 4th :D. Good investment.

lol i just realized that i sorta should find a magnus too since they combine and all. Man so you have 3 sets of each guy?, if you do that would be so awsome :D. Does anybody think i could find an alternity convoy at the convention?

Omega_Prime
04-06-2009, 09:09 PM
lol i just realized that i sorta should find a magnus too since they combine and all. Man so you have 3 sets of each guy?, if you do that would be so awsome :D. Does anybody think i could find an alternity convoy at the convention?

Yeah I do have 3 of each
2 Opened; One set in Omega Prime another set in their Regular forms posed in front of Omega Prime.
the last set Takara Car Robots MISB.

I want another one to pose in my Optimus and Optimus Combiner collection

:p now you know why my name is Omega_Prime

About Alternity Prime, for sure it's going to be there probably 55 +/- 5 bucks (you'll probably find some places selling it for 80:P like at Pacific Mall)

BeeBoy29
04-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah I do have 3 of each
2 Opened; One set in Omega Prime another set in their Regular forms posed in front of Omega Prime.
the last set Takara Car Robots MISB.

I want another one to pose in my Optimus and Optimus Combiner collection

:p now you know why my name is Omega_Prime

About Alternity Prime, for sure it's going to be there probably 55 +/- 5 bucks (you'll probably find some places selling it for 80:P like at Pacific Mall)

Man that is very nice :). Yea if they sell them i hope for not super high prices :/

Victorysabre
04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm mostly looking to browse. Not too much I want at this point. Maybe Roadhandler, Hothouse, and Countdown Micromasters.