PDA

View Full Version : UNIVERSE JAZZ

Mega-Prime 316
12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey guys!
I finished another one in the last few days! I think this is some sort of record for me, as I usually have about 3 going on at a timeand never get to actually fininsh any! lol:D

I took a shot a Jazz this time. I tried the chest mod, I liked how it bulked him up abit. The stickers are from Repolables. I used the regular G1 Jazz set but I think if I were going to do it again I would use the BT version and cut them down to fit.
Anyway on to the pics, hope you like, C&C's welcome of course! :D

**I forgot to mention that I got the head for a fellow customizer named Wheeljack over on Sector7.com. It is a a recast of the Shattered Glass exclusive.**

tusko
12-08-2008, 03:02 PM
It looks awesome!

Comments:
1) maybe add a red stripe around the bottom of the car?
2) could you turn the hips and legs around?

chans formers
12-08-2008, 03:47 PM
thats a pretty good use of that mold,and the shattered glass jazz head looks good on his shoulders.did you have to shave the head down or modify it to fit the transformation?nice paint apps too!!!

Bruticus82
12-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Great job! How did you manage to do the bulking up chets mod? ie. What materials did you use?

Mega-Prime 316
12-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys!

Tusko--Red stripe is a good idea, might try that. The leg thing I tried but I couldn't get the legs to fit right for transformation, also there was a big gap in what would have been the shin of the leg.

Chans Formers--The head fit pretty well on its own, probably could have been shaved a little bit. For transformation you have to turn head side ways instead of backward for his "horns".

Bruticus82--All I did was take an exacto knife and make a straight cut across the fender just above the clear part of the headlight. Then just crazy glue it to the chest. Mine has just enough clearance for the shoulders, so you might want to try a diangonal cut to allow for more movement.

J.Soundwave
12-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Awesome job bud.

Hound
12-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Nice! Great idea for this mold and done quite well too!

Robimus
12-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Great Job! I'm working slowly on one myself. Yours is one of the best I've seen in internet land:)

Paradigm-Shift Prime
12-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Nice!

Mega-Prime 316
12-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks again guys!! Glad you like it. :D

Optimus_Prime
12-12-2008, 06:29 PM
That looks great! I had the idea of using the Prowl mold for Jazz when I bought the figure, but I have never before kitbashed and I know I would have messed up and wasted $14.