PDA

View Full Version : Custom disaster

Pascal
10-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Ha. After selling my first Ironhide custom, I decided to buy another one to try something different/better. Mostly, I wanted to get smoother black windows with no paintbrush strokes. I completely failed. So half an hour ago, I decided to remove the black paint to revert to Allspark blue. But some of the blue came off too. So decided to make it look like a fake prototype. After removing all the blue paint apps from the toy, I said hey, why not remove the red as well to get a bunch of random clear blue parts? I detached the windshield section and soaked it in nail polish remover. LOL. The mess. Paint came off and clear blue plastic went from perfectly clear to frosty blue. Toy is in the garbage can now.

Waiting for the Henkei version now...

astrana
10-06-2008, 05:56 PM
hahahahaha... thats sucks...

I did a minor paint on my nemesis prime. I covered the rims, the waist and thighs sliver. there are few silver finger prints on it lol

Nemesis Predaking
10-06-2008, 05:59 PM
if you let the clear blue parts dry there might be a chance that they will return to normal, unless they cracked in which filing him under "G" is the best thing to do.

I try to avoid soaking transparent parts for more then 20 mins. Other wise that happens.

Nightshade83
10-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Fish that toy out of the garbage, Pascal. It's not like it's broken beyond repair. Sometimes "disasters" can lead to new projects.

When I made my first custom, Grunge, I was originally trying to make a little-known canon femmebot named Vibes http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Vibes

Right in the middle of painting, however, the crappy watercolour paints I was using (some of my boyfriend's art paints) changed shade on me, making her doors look more of an orange colour than a red.

Instead of panicking, I took the purple paint and repainted the doors, giving it a "ghetto" look. It wasn't what I had originally intended to do, but I ended up with a decent-looking Transformer, and a character from my fan fiction stories to boot.
http://violetlight83.deviantart.com/art/Grunge-Robot-Mode-98890276

http://violetlight83.deviantart.com/art/Grunge-Vehicle-Mode-98891292

http://violetlight83.deviantart.com/art/Grunge-Vehicle-Mode-top-view-98891532

So, not every customizing disaster has to stay that way. I'm sure you can think of something to do with that Ironhide.

-KG-
10-06-2008, 06:15 PM
1. I wanna see pics!!!!!!!!:D

2. Don't throw it out! Even if it's a disaster paint it again. Do something with it... experiment with paints. Make it a diaclone Ironhide... or paint the whole thing brown... do something with it!!

JaySmith
10-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Ha. After selling my first Ironhide custom, I decided to buy another one to try something different/better. Mostly, I wanted to get smoother black windows with no paintbrush strokes. I completely failed. So half an hour ago, I decided to remove the black paint to revert to Allspark blue. But some of the blue came off too. So decided to make it look like a fake prototype. After removing all the blue paint apps from the toy, I said hey, why not remove the red as well to get a bunch of random clear blue parts? I detached the windshield section and soaked it in nail polish remover. LOL. The mess. Paint came off and clear blue plastic went from perfectly clear to frosty blue. Toy is in the garbage can now.

Waiting for the Henkei version now...

You can actually re-polish the plastic. We did the very same thing ages ago with my friends XBOX Crystal but preferred the "frosted" look.

One another note, you should have masked off the windows and then sprayed extremely light coats of Krylon Fusion in your choice of flat, semi gloss, or gloss Black to achieve the simple effect you were going for. ;)

Nocturn
10-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Dude, that sucks.

crimbot
10-06-2008, 08:33 PM
That does suck. I'd love to see a pic of disasterhide!

Bruticus82
10-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Just turn him into a "battle damage" custom. Say...he got dropped in unicron's acid vats. :-p