PDA

View Full Version : TRU Titanium WW Grimlock+Prowl Review

chaingunsofdoom
10-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Since I finally managed to open these, I thought I'd write a quick review.

Acquired: at a Los Angeles TRU on La Cienega
Price: $19.99 USD each - TRU Exclusive

Boxes: Co-sells are Primal Prime and Soundblaster. Copyright dates are 2007, which makes me think these have been done a while. Interior art on Grimlock's is fantastic, with his chest colors and a huge Autobot symbol. Prowl's is a little dark. Bios are really detailed, and match the comic AFAIK.

WW Grimlock: Great robot mode. Nothing too loose on him which is good for Titaniums. :) Comes with gun + sword. Colors are great. Transformation is rather lame... close his back 'wings' to become the top of the vehicle, flip him over and close his legs. Overall, I'd say he's a solid 7.5/10.

WW Prowl: Nice robot mode. Different look for Prowl. Vehicle mode is something completely different and very cool. Tinted blue plastic looks really good. Overall, I'd say he's a solid 9.5/10.

Pascal
10-06-2008, 02:24 PM
I completely forgot about the existence of 6Ti WW Prowl... I'd like to see a video review of it to decide.

Ultra Maverick
10-06-2008, 03:01 PM
I have been waiting for WW Grimlock for ages,
do you know if it will come to Canada?

chaingunsofdoom
10-06-2008, 03:45 PM
I have been waiting for WW Grimlock for ages,
do you know if it will come to Canada?
Sorry, no idea. I did not know to expect them at all while I was visiting LA. The TRU I got them at was packed though... around 6 of each. So either they just got them or they've gone unsold since they arrived.