PDA

View Full Version : High Resolution Images of Upcoming Universe/25th Anniversary and Animated Figures

Super_Megatron
09-19-2008, 08:50 AM
High Resolution Images of Upcoming Universe/25th Anniversary and Animated Figures (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/high-resolution-images-of-upcoming-universe25th-anniversary-and-animated-figures-165826/)

Category: Universe Classics 2.0

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

rid
09-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Again, just like TFA, they renamed Slag to Snarl! What's with that? What are they gonna call Snarl when he's released? Slag?

Bruticus82
09-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm getting me a Cyclonus!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
09-19-2008, 09:38 AM
So they're re-releasing Classics Starscream without rubsigns? Or is this the Henkei version?

And Cheetor still looks terrible. Neat beast mode, horrible robot mode.

JSon
09-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Looks like Starscream has a somewhat improved paint scheme. I don't know if it's enough to warrant a second purchase though. Inferno looks awesome, Hound looks good, and Cyclonus is just amazing.

Nocturn
09-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Wow, Cheetors definately a pass now...
Inferno and the legends look awesome!

chans formers
09-19-2008, 10:04 AM
i want cyclonus and his target master,inferno ,hound,the minispies,and i think im going to have a helluva lot of extra snarls/slags from building a robotheroes sharkticon army!!!too bad they didnt release gnaw in 2 pacs.

astrana
09-19-2008, 10:15 AM
inferno
cyclonus
hound
vector sigma
dlx starscream

must get lol

Pascal
09-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Cyclonus
Hound
Cheetor
Inferno
Mini-spies
Blurr
Swindle

Lysist
09-19-2008, 10:36 AM
TFA Swindle looks so very sweet! I really hope that they stick with the clear plastic for the arms and legs.

TFA Blurr also looks slick. Not sure if I will get him but it is a deluxe so it is not really a bank breaker

TFU Cyclonus is a must have. Is he a deluxe or a Voyager? I guess I now have an excuse to get Galvatron and Titanium Scourge

Oh and I must get Beachcomber!

Not sure how I feel about Inferno. Guess I will have to see more images. Is it just me or does hound look special needs? that face just looks....I have no idea.:eek:

GMfan
09-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Anything that is a new (transforming :P) mould is a must get for me, as for the repaints Vector Sigma and Bruticus look nice. I love the black VS and the obsurity of updating Bruticus (a crappy toy/invisible character). I do however believe they will not wind up as shiney in the end IE like all of wave 1 cybertron figure's original pictures. So I'll have to wait to see these up close to decide if they are worth another purchase.

General Tekno
09-19-2008, 11:25 AM
So...much...awesome...

Spacemonkey
09-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Wow:

TFU
-DLX: Starscream redeco, Cyclonus and Hound
-The Minibots (all of them)
-Voyager Inferno

They all will be mine

kahlua17
09-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Hound and Cyclonus will be mine for sure.

Still waiting for Galvatron to appear....

Cheers Ian
09-19-2008, 12:27 PM
WOW!

I want! I want! I WANT!!!

Seriously though. Most of these toys look great.

I think I'll pass on Cheetor, I think I'll track down a Beast Wars version now.

Does anyone else think Hound's head is a little lacking? Something is off there.

I'll definetly be getting Blurr, Swindle, Cyclonus, Brawn, Beachcomber and Bumblebee!

I love the Brawn! He looks so awesome!!

Cheers!
-Ian

QuadESL63
09-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Except for the repaints I want them all... NOW! :D

Protoform X
09-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Hound
Cyclonus
Inferno
Vector Prime
Bruticus
Cheetor

will be mine

jjwankenobi
09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Cyclonus wants me to just take him home and love him...

...um, like the way a man loves a really good cigar;)

Icetron
09-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally I was going to consider the RH Cheetor vs Tankor set, but big pass now.

Is that a new Animated BB? Maybe I should just paint the stingers on mine myself...

Anyways:

Swindle :D:D!!!
Shockwave
Starscream (Since I sold my Classics 1.0 ones, probably going to pick this one up if it looks that good)
Cyclonus
Hound :D
Cheetor... (Mainly buying since I'm a BW fan, but it actually doesn't look that great from the pic.)
Inferno
And possibly the Legends Minibots will be mine :)

tusko
09-19-2008, 01:28 PM
That's an amazing listing of future tfs.

I want in order:
Cyclonus,
Inferno,
Hound,
Beachcomber,
Brawn,
Bumblebee (G1),
Swindle,
Shockwave (although I'm waiting for a purple one),
Starscream.

Maybe:
Blur
Cheetor, that's transformed wrong.

Pass on the rest.

Cliffjumper69
09-19-2008, 01:35 PM
They all look slick! I also think Cheetor is mis-transformed ;)

CJ

Pascal
09-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, shoulders should be higher up. They probably slide up or something at the ball joint.

ChrisW
09-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Another Classics Starscream? Good for those of us who don't have Henkei Starscream, I suppose.

Cyclonus and Hound look awesome. Legends Brawn looks good too. Inferno looks better than I thought, though I'll still probably pass on him.

Here's hoping Dinobot will get a new mold like Cheetor did.

Pascal
09-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Have we seen 25th Hot Shot yet?

Hound
09-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Universe Deluxes: Starscream, Cyclonus, Hound
Universe Voyagers: Inferno, Vector Prime

That's it for me, though that is a nice bunch of TFs there.

Tech Spec
09-19-2008, 02:24 PM
TFA Swindle and Blurr AWESOME!!!!

TFU Inferno, Hound, Cyclonus - ME WANT NOW!!!! :D

TFU Cheetor.... I like my Titanium one better :p

Now since Hasbro is using Cybertron series molds for many repaints, whatta ya think they're going to do with the Cybertron Metroplex mold?

Pascal
09-19-2008, 02:28 PM
They should paint him as Devastator and forget about the Energon redeco we got a couple years ago... A huge badass construction/destruction machine.

Tech Spec
09-19-2008, 02:38 PM
^I like that^

astrana
09-19-2008, 02:42 PM
I am gonna be broke again lol
TFA, Swindle, Blurr, shockwave (debating about thunder cracker)
TFU: hound SS Inforno, cyclonus (debating on vector)

Tech Spec
09-19-2008, 02:51 PM
I saw that Vector Prime and I prefer the gold one repaint over this one. So if ya got a VP already Astrana this repaint should be an easy pass.... well for me at least.

General Tekno
09-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah - this Vector Prime looks amazing.

It's totally decoed like the Last Autobot.

astrana
09-19-2008, 03:30 PM
I saw that Vector Prime and I prefer the gold one repaint over this one. So if ya got a VP already Astrana this repaint should be an easy pass.... well for me at least.

never had him lol... i guess depends on my wallet

Tech Spec
09-19-2008, 03:31 PM
My wallet gives me evil stares every time I make an online purchase LOL

astrana
09-19-2008, 03:51 PM
My wallet gives me evil stares every time I make an online purchase LOL

sigh.... ****** please.
online are worse than buying retail lol...
i am not suppose to spend on TF this month,
but ended up buying SDCC Nemesis prime few classics and pre-ordered Classic Prime/Magnus set through BBTS. Good thing is the set is not released till october

SimonMK
09-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Probably buy:

Blazing Lockdown
Swindle
Universe Starscream (Damn, to say I just paid 44$ for the Classic one not long ago...:mad:)
Cyclonus
Vector Prime
Predacon Bruticus

Code of Honor
09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
I want Cyclonus, Hound, Cheetor, Inferno, Swindle, Blurr, Skywarp, Shockwave, Brawn, Beachcomber, Bumblebee (G1)...:eek: how am I going to pay for all that.

This is how Cheetor should look. Much better.

Nocturn
09-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Legends
Blurr
Swindle
Shockwave
Inferno
Cyclonus
Hound

venksta
09-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Is it me, or does Hound look like a cross between the Animated style and the current Classics style?

1337w422102
09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm digging the Minibots. Smeg, I might need to get them all.

So, Starscream's got some new colours (weapons) and detail (tailfins), eh? Still, I already have one, so pass.

I'll get Cyclonus, but then I'll have to get Deluxe Galvatron and Titanium Scourge...

Hound's looking great. I wonder if I have any figures that can fit inside his truck mode. And that Ravage owns. Too bad I'm going to have to decommission my custom Stikfas Ravage...

Do we REALLY need another Vector Prime release? Cheetor's awful in both modes.

Nocturn
09-19-2008, 05:48 PM
This is how Cheetor should look. Much better.

Wow, really? Right now the only thing between leaving him and buying him is the shoulders...

Code of Honor
09-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Wow, really? Right now the only thing between leaving him and buying him is the shoulders...

The shoulders are definitely mis-transformed, they should clip into the tabs that are on the neck.

Optimus_Prime
09-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Those animated figures look sweet (especially Blurr), but I won't get them because I need more space. As for the Universe figures, they all look nice, except for a couple things. What story is this Vector Prime supposed to be from. If there's one thing I hate, it's random repaints. As for Cheetor's shoulders, I hope they're mistransformed. However, it worries me because it was transformed in a similar fashion in the image they showed at SDCC.

QuadESL63
09-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Any individual pic(s) of the cassette (Ravage?) that comes with Hound?

down_shift
09-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Universe Ultra - Scourge was a poor mold in the first place and has been made even worse with this poor repaint.

Universe Deluxe - Look so good it makes me smile like it's my first kiss. Looking at the transformations, they seem to only be 5 or 6 steps. A shame, I like a bit more out of my Deluxe figures. Starscream doesn't have as much appeal as the Henkei version so I'll pass on that one. Cheetor looks like balls in a yellow polka-dot sock. Big shock...

Universe Legends - I'm a massive Legends whore so Brawn, Beachcomber and Bumblebee ( ha, just noticed three Bs. ) are all thumbs up in my book. Legends Animated Starscream looks kinda balls, but I know I'll pick him up (whore)

Animated Deluxe - Swinde and Blurr look great. I figured out their transformations way too quickly. Swindles seems a touch more complex, but not by much. Burning Lockdown is a much better repaint then the original and with the added treat it's a very possible win.

Animated Voyagers - Longwave or what ever the hell he is just isn't doing it for me. Too bland. I'm sure my opinon will change down the road the closer I get to seeing him myself, but for now I think it's just too much hype.

Skywarp is cool and I'm glad they didn't mod his face.

Universe Voyagers - I absolutly love VP, and I'm happy to see him make his way back to the shelf. I know the paint never looks as good as the promo pics, but here's hoping it's as nice as his Galaxy Force counter part.

Inferno, while looking very top heavy and lacking some of the defining characteristics that make Inferno, Inferno looks pretty decent. He also apears to have a very similar transformation to Energon Inferno and Armada Overloads mini-con.

JaySmith
09-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Animated Deluxes: Swindle, Blurr
Animated Voyagers: Skywarp, Shockwave
Universe Robot Hereos: Perceptor vs. Hardshell, Snarl vs. Sharkticon
Universe Deluxes: Starscream (as I sadly missed out on Classics 1.0), Cyclonus, Hound
Universe Voyagers: Inferno

More $$$ out of my wallet. :(

Nerroth
09-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Cyclonus is an absolute must-have!

Just wish Galvatron was here in Canada already...

Pascal
09-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Universe Voyagers - I absolutly love VP, and I'm happy to see him make his way back to the shelf.

But he transforms in like 3 steps. :)

sumyungai
09-20-2008, 12:29 AM
is universe bruticus a new mold, or a repaint?

Code of Honor
09-20-2008, 12:41 AM
is universe bruticus a new mold, or a repaint?

It's a repaint of Cybertron Scourge.

General Tekno
09-20-2008, 01:17 AM

That he does.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a really sweet mold. He's not one of my top transformers, no, but he's up there in my rankings because his sculpt is awesome.

And those colors make him pop indeed.

down_shift
09-20-2008, 10:20 AM

Well played Charles, well played...:p

Autovolt 127
09-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Wants all but Bruticus and Chettor.

Robimus
09-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Hound and Cyclonus look great! The Beachcomber legend looks like no improvement over the G1 version :confused:

pud333
09-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Hound looks amazing, as does Cyclonus. Even Blurr looks good. But I'll reserve final judgement until I see actual non-hasbro-photoshopped images. Been a while since I bought a TF, so hopefully these are really good.

That Cheator, however, looks atrocious. He's supposed to club you with his tail? That's just weird.

Pascal
09-22-2008, 10:37 AM
He's supposed to club you with his tail? That's just weird.

No different that C. Leobreaker, TM Optimus Minor, etc.

1337w422102
09-22-2008, 01:06 PM
No different that C. Leobreaker, TM Optimus Minor, etc.
Technically, it's a tail-flail.

Cheetor is epic fail. Why did they try to combine multiple Cheetor versions into one which ends up looking like none of them? Pick a single Cheetor and do him justice.