PDA

View Full Version : New Henkei Galvatron And Ironhide Images

Super_Megatron
08-31-2008, 11:10 PM
New Henkei Galvatron And Ironhide Images (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/new-henkei-galvatron-and-ironhide-images-165698/)

Category: Universe Classics 2.0

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
08-31-2008, 11:49 PM
They got a decent colour for Ironhide's painted windows...

Ah well, should be easy enough to fix.

GMfan
08-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Tempting....friggan tempting.....

Protoman
09-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Hmmm both are nice. Ironhide is an improvement, Galvatron is more of a "choice". Do you want more UK comic Galvatron colors (which jumped back and forth from toy to this) or the anime/OX colors.

Tech Spec
09-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Ironhide looks sweet. Galvs is a lil meh.

Incepticon
09-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Ironhide is the only Henkei repaint other than Megatron that I think looks unquestionably better than Hasbro's version (so far). I'm actually a little shocked at how badly Hasbro missed the mark with their version. Powder blue face & windows? I'll be scratching my head about that for a while.

*sigh* Now to find a place to pre-order this Japanese version from who will actually get it within a year of being released.

GMfan
09-01-2008, 01:58 AM
Ironhide is the only Henkei repaint other than Megatron that I think looks unquestionably better than Hasbro's version (so far). I'm actually a little shocked at how badly Hasbro missed the mark with their version. Powder blue face & windows? I'll be scratching my head about that for a while.

*sigh* Now to find a place to pre-order this Japanese version from who will actually get it within a year of being released.

Really? Didn't like Astrotrain?...so far its the only Henkei I got

Incepticon
09-01-2008, 02:05 AM
Really? Didn't like Astrotrain?...so far its the only Henkei I got
Nah, I was always pretty content with Hasbro's white version. Truthfully, though, I probably would have gotten the 'anime accurate' Henkei version if it didn't have the chrome, but I think it looks very out of place. Other than the watered down paint schemes, the random chrome usage is pretty much THE thing that keeps me away from the Henkei stuff. At least on their version of Ironhide it seems to be minimal and somewhat well placed.

AnimeXHobby
09-01-2008, 05:59 AM
I think the chrome part on Ironhide stands out so nice. Definitely a good choice to get Henkei instead of the US version. You will see the difference. Sometimes you just can't see it from the photos on the internet. For an example, like Ramjet, so many people say it isn't good, etc. But if you got the figure right in front of you. You know Henkei Ramjet is actually more neat compare to Classics. A figure that you will choose over the US version. Galvatron and Ironhide Henkei should be out in November - December. So stay tune and check it out at local stores for the quality before you decide Henkei or US Universe :)

Optimus_Prime
09-01-2008, 09:57 AM
They look great, again Takara making better figures than Hasbro. But still, my entire collection is made of Hasbro figs, for the sake of saving space I'll have to keep it that way no matter how great the Henkei figures look.

Pascal
09-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Galvatron, I'm getting. 1000% improvement. But the photos being fancy studio shots, Ironhide might not look as good in person. But I'll probably get it anyway.

down_shift
09-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I think those two look amazing. Not 100% sold on the yellow stripe on Ironhide, but the bot mode more than makes up for it. I like the look of the black shoulders

Galvatron looks much better too, no more orange bits. Don't know if the turret was the best place for the chrome, I would have liked to have seen coloured chrome on the cannon, like on Astrotrain or Hot Rodimus.

-KG-
09-01-2008, 10:24 AM
I think this is the first time I actually like a Henkei figure over the Hasbro version. I mean, hasbro's Ironhide windows look so bad. But I'll wait to see more of these two figures to decide.

Protoform X
09-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Ironhide is an improvement for sure...but im still not sold on that mold

and Galvatron is a total PASS the US version looks way better IMO